• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Where to sell army flags?

Users who are viewing this thread

DeSoto

Sergeant at Arms
So one of my companions has trade at 5, with that the flags are worth 4000. Problem is most merchants don't have that amount of currency and even if I manage to find some, the flags are still piling up. It was fine as long as I could trade them in for coats of plates and such, but my band is pretty much geared up now.

Are these supposed to provide a steady income as long as you have no fiefs? In that case you'd need a way to sell those on a regular basis without going all over the map looking for buyers. But maybe they are only added as a bonus, I don't know. I'm playing as a mercenary (limiting myself in that I can't be a vasall) for the crusader states, so ransom and these flags are pretty much the only income I have...I have no spare points for looting so the normal stuff that drops doesn't add up to much.
 

Valen

Recruit
This was annoying as hell for me as well, all this loot and no city that can afford it all without traversing the map, little here and there.  The amount of money seems to be influenced by a cities prosperity.  I have several cities with huge amounts of cash in the armory and arms area, like 80K.  Perhaps talking to the guild master and asking about trade, he'll tell you the richest city in Europe... odds are cities in that area will be able to afford your flags.  The quest begins...lol.
 

xat

Sergeant
Valen said:
This was annoying as hell for me as well, all this loot and no city that can afford it all without traversing the map, little here and there.  The amount of money seems to be influenced by a cities prosperity.  I have several cities with huge amounts of cash in the armory and arms area, like 80K.  Perhaps talking to the guild master and asking about trade, he'll tell you the richest city in Europe... odds are cities in that area will be able to afford your flags.  The quest begins...lol.

That amount of money is probably related to you buying armor/weapons there.

Yeah once you hit 10 trade flags give like 8800-9600 denars, theres no way any city will have that money. You can buy goods like iron etc and try to sell a flag for it some later on. I myself think I might go and tweak the amount of cash later on.
 

DeSoto

Sergeant at Arms
xat said:
Yeah once you hit 10 trade flags give like 8800-9600 denars, theres no way any city will have that money.

:shock: That's more than you get on average for ransoming lords. Is that really intended? Kinda devalues ransoms, cause you have to capture them first (I only manage to catch every 3rd lord or so and they like to run away as well) and then it can take ages until you get an offer. That seems highly imbalanced to me, grabbing those flags basically requires no effort. And it further goes to show, how utterly useless businesses are, why should I bother to look for at least passable investments when I can fight 10 guys in one week and get 100k out of it.

I really wish they would have tweaked the economy a bit more for the final version.
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
DeSoto said:
Problem is most merchants don't have that amount of currency and even if I manage to find some, the flags are still piling up.

You can always use it as a trade chip. Buy a new weapon for 20k and pay with a flag+15k cash  :cool:

Or buy trading goods.

Or you could try giving it to your companions pool and auto-sell it.
 
Download TweakMB and up the threshold percentage for "Merchants (Money Available)" a few hundred percent.

Be careful though. It's easy to get carried away with TweakMB and remove any challenge from the game. Or break balance by increasing one thing and not another. For example, you could increase the size of armies quite easily - but remember that troops need to be fed, paid, and kept happy.
 

DeSoto

Sergeant at Arms
Sir Blackthorne said:
Download TweakMB and up the threshold percentage for "Merchants (Money Available)" a few hundred percent.

Be careful though. It's easy to get carried away with TweakMB and remove any challenge from the game. Or break balance by increasing one thing and not another. For example, you could increase the size of armies quite easily - but remember that troops need to be fed, paid, and kept happy.

Could TweakMB be used to lower the value of flags as well? As that seems the better choice for me, it's just silly imo that (with a high enough trade skill) a simple banner has the same or even higher value than an actual enemy lord. I'm currently stockpiling over 30 of those (flags, not lords :smile: ) and being able to sell them for up to 9k each would totally take out the financial pressure from the game. And I say that as someone whose 200-strong Miles-centered army costs around 20k a week.
 

xat

Sergeant
DeSoto said:
xat said:
Yeah once you hit 10 trade flags give like 8800-9600 denars, theres no way any city will have that money.

:shock: That's more than you get on average for ransoming lords. Is that really intended? Kinda devalues ransoms, cause you have to capture them first (I only manage to catch every 3rd lord or so and they like to run away as well) and then it can take ages until you get an offer. That seems highly imbalanced to me, grabbing those flags basically requires no effort. And it further goes to show, how utterly useless businesses are, why should I bother to look for at least passable investments when I can fight 10 guys in one week and get 100k out of it.

I really wish they would have tweaked the economy a bit more for the final version.

Well its up to you.
I play my game a way that allows me to work around some basic stuff that prevents me to play the way I want which is to have a massive cavalery army and do everything yourself (while headcannoning that all the peasants are somewhere in the back following your army of knights).
So I modified some of my stuff. For example basic capture lord is 30% chance, I made that 60% chance because lets be real if you defeat whole lord army what are the chances that he will get away. Also as far as I remember every 24 hours you have a 5% chance that lord will be bought out. Every 72 hours I think there is a chance lord can escape.
Capturing lords means that you might get into war with other countries for free, based on what I experienced with capturing teutonic lords.

Most of npc's don't have enough Denars to buy flags anyway. So you have to buy 10k+ stuff from them for you and your companions and get the denars back with flags.

There are many ways to earn denars in the game, and considering how much you pay for upkeep of army/fiefs and how it relates to the easy mode npc's I think its fair.
 

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
DeSoto said:
Sir Blackthorne said:
Download TweakMB and up the threshold percentage for "Merchants (Money Available)" a few hundred percent.

Be careful though. It's easy to get carried away with TweakMB and remove any challenge from the game. Or break balance by increasing one thing and not another. For example, you could increase the size of armies quite easily - but remember that troops need to be fed, paid, and kept happy.

Could TweakMB be used to lower the value of flags as well? As that seems the better choice for me, it's just silly imo that (with a high enough trade skill) a simple banner has the same or even higher value than an actual enemy lord. I'm currently stockpiling over 30 of those (flags, not lords :smile: ) and being able to sell them for up to 9k each would totally take out the financial pressure from the game. And I say that as someone whose 200-strong Miles-centered army costs around 20k a week.

you can edit the item itself. Try Morgh's Editor or check the text files.
 
Top Bottom