Where to buy War Horses now???

Users who are viewing this thread

So in one game of 1.5.9 I was able to find a good amount early in the game (amassed about 20) but then did not hardly find more after that (about 30+ days in). In a second game I did not find very many early (just 5 or so) and continued to only find a few in the villages or towns rom time to time as the game goes on. So there's probably a little randomness as to how many get made and brought to town initially, then it probably get reduced by inventible imperials wars and may improve or not. I wonder if imperials are doing well do they buy more of them? This could explain the scarcity as when doing poorly= more raided horse villages or caravans, when doing well more rich lords buying them up. I know they don't use them for upgrades but I believe they still buy them.

So in one game of 1.5.9 I was able to find a good amount early in the game (amassed about 20) but then did not hardly find more after that (about 30+ days in). In a second game I did not find very many early (just 5 or so) and continued to only find a few in the villages or towns rom time to time as the game goes on. So there's probably a little randomness as to how many get made and brought to town initially, then it probably get reduced by inventible imperials wars and may improve or not. I wonder if imperials are doing well do they buy more of them? This could explain the scarcity as when doing poorly= more raided horse villages or caravans, when doing well more rich lords buying them up. I know they don't use them for upgrades but I believe they still buy them.

Yes even they do not use these horses for upgrading troops for now they still buy horses especially if they are rich. When a lord enters a settlement he checks his financial situation and how many horses his party has. Then he can buy more horses if needed. Having spare horses at inventory speeds their party.

Will try to change production of 3 villages to breeding (1 to Vlandian area, 1 to Sturgian area and 1 to Empire area) and increase empire horse production to (1 / 0.25 for empire t1 / t2 (was 0.5 / 0.125)) until Sturgian / Vlandian breeding villages are added.

Changed productions and now all breeding villages of all cultures now only produce their own culture's horses :
Also converted 2 Vlandian and Sturgian villages to breeding villages from fisherman / grain / flax villages. This will increases count of horses at world slightly and reduce prices a bit. Now 9 empire breeding villages only produce empire t1 / t2 horses.

bp_Yh.jpg

Last edited:
Changed productions and now all breeding villages of all cultures now only produce their own culture's horses :
Also converted 2 Vlandian and Sturgian villages to breeding villages from fisherman / grain / flax villages. This will increases count of horses at world slightly and reduce prices a bit.

bp_Yh.jpg
Wonderful, thank you! :smile:

Also converted 2 Vlandian and Sturgian villages to breeding villages from fisherman / grain / flax villages. This will increases count of horses at world slightly and reduce prices a bit. Now 9 empire breeding villages only produce empire t1 / t2 horses.

bp_Yh.jpg
Ah good!

One question: Does this mean Vlandia at game start now has 3 Horse Villages or just 2 Horse Villages? I suppose anything is better then just 1 hah!

Personally I feel 3 Horse Villages would be appropriate for Vlandia given how next to the Khuzait and Aserai they should be one of the more Calvary centric Kingdoms. I feel like Vlandia players have been rather hamstrung going for Calvary Army compositions since you either have to loot a lot of horses or really travel far and hope you can hit up a Town/Village with plenty of horses to spare. That or hope you get lots of Vlandian Squires.

I checked code changes at breeding village productions but there seems no change at horse productions since EA starts.

There are 11 empire breeding villages at all world and all produce daily

There are 9 aserai breeding villages and each produce daily

There are 2 battanian breeding villages and each produce daily

There are 7 khuzait breeding villages and each produce daily
11 seems a lot for the Empire given that they really shouldn't be that Calvary focused, but I suppose the Empire does make up a good chunk of the map. (I only counted 8 myself here, but that was just me quickly skimming the map - 4 WE, 2 SE, 2 NE)

Do the Aserai really need 9 Horse Villages (I counted 8 )? They aren't that Calvary centric - just the Mameluke and Elite Faris troop lines. To me the Khuzait should have the most Horse Villages give their culture. 9 Khuzait and 7 Aserai Horse Villages would seem more appropriate.

I think 2 Horse Villages for Sturgia and Battanian is appropriate since they are infantry based kingdoms anyways.

But yeah Vlandia should have at least 3, if not 4 I should think.

Granted I'm only thinking about Troop Recruitment here, and I'm not considering the economic impact of these changes.

Last edited:
Antidotal, but every time I solve a "extortion by deserters" in imperial villages I get 4 imperial chargers, I also have 150 roguery though. I think it's odd though that I got 4 of them at least 4 times.

Back
Top Bottom