Where has the idea that Taleworlds arent gonna add any more compelex features come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think we only have balancing and bug fixes left. Anything "new" will only be repurposed assets and I fully believe EA will end around one year as planned with a console release. Maybe a month after but no additional 6 months added to EA. I mean at this point with how far TW works anything new would take months just to internally test let alone let us beta it.

I might be wrong but next patch/es comes with the education feature, keep battles and the ability to have some control over the other clan parties. The last one is my highest whish for the game due it might change all your mid game experience.

But at same time the game needs more tunning, loot and smithing needs to be changed and economy should be adjusted after.

I agree they are advancing slowly but without sttoping at all.

I might be wrong but next patch/es comes with the education feature, keep battles and the ability to have some control over the other clan parties. The last one is my highest whish for the game due it might change all your mid game experience.

But at same time the game needs more tunning, loot and smithing needs to be changed and economy should be adjusted after.

I agree they are advancing slowly but without sttoping at all.
they have said before they are gonna overhaul/ redo smithing so theres that

If they just fix smithing, finish implementing perks, perhaps do a bit more balancing and add the remaining features they said they will add, I'll be satisfied. From there we can add all the mods we want and have fun. It's a pity that we have to rely on mods, but what can you do. Minecraft is a similar case - very popular game, very well sold, but the game itself is just a skeleton. If you add 300 mods to it (and its easy to do that with modpacks, just 1 click), it becomes a whole new, super challenging game.

If they just fix smithing, finish implementing perks, perhaps do a bit more balancing and add the remaining features they said they will add, I'll be satisfied. From there we can add all the mods we want and have fun. It's a pity that we have to rely on mods, but what can you do. Minecraft is a similar case - very popular game, very well sold, but the game itself is just a skeleton. If you add 300 mods to it (and its easy to do that with modpacks, just 1 click), it becomes a whole new, super challenging game.
Compared to the Minecraft part, recently started playing Terraria, which compared to minecraft vanilla is much more entertaining and full of content.
Regarding Bannerlord, there aren't many games like it, thus doesn't have competitors in its domain.
Yes, there are many medieval fighting games, but still, like it or not Bannerlord is unique in its way.

Compared to the Minecraft part, recently started playing Terraria, which compared to minecraft vanilla is much more entertaining and full of content.
Regarding Bannerlord, there aren't many games like it, thus doesn't have competitors in its domain.
Yes, there are many medieval fighting games, but still, like it or not Bannerlord is unique in its way.
and also i think people forget while yes its the preivous game in the series what made Warband last so long and do so well was the Mods too

and also i think people forget while yes its the preivous game in the series what made Warband last so long and do so well was the Mods too
Well, compared to warband, BL still lacks some base features but yes, warband singleplayer was helped a lot by mods. As will be the case for BL

Well, there was a topic about features that was promised in dev blogs but not present in current state of the game. Most of them are small features that add immersion. I would like to see that kind of content.

What about gangs and crime? Are we done with those because I have not heard anything from TW in a while about them. Please tell me they have mentioned it because I was really looking forward to a bandit playthrough with what they previously mentioned.

mexxico said I don't want the game to become too complex, but that's his personal opinion afaik. Aside from this, I think it's pretty obvious

I am not the one who draws limits to game's complexity. We have some limits and we are working between these limits. I cannot decide a complex feature and apply it in current state of game, these decisions only can taken from top. If they want complexity they decide that and we apply. I only said I like games easy to learn hard to master. This does not mean I prefer simplicity it just mean I prefer showing players a not detailed game, I am ok adding details but players should learn it's depth by time otherwise if you show all details all together most players leave game and your playerbase always be narrow.

However still we have no policy selection AI in game still crafting is bugged still some perks are missing and there is no clan micromanagement and we have no dialog / issue variety. In these conditions I do not think there will be a complex new feature implementation decision can be taken. We should first finish basics of game completely. Anyway I am only guessing of course. I have no control over these decisions, if I was at top I first want to finish basics too.

Last edited:
I am not the one who draws limits to game's complexity. We have some limits and we are working between these limits. I cannot decide a complex feature and apply it in current state of game, these decisions only can taken from top. If they want complexity they decide that and we apply. I only said I like games easy to learn hard to master. This does not mean I prefer simplicity it just mean I prefer showing players a not detailed game, I am ok adding details but players should learn it's depth by time otherwise if you show all details all together most players leave game and your playerbase always be narrow.

However still we have no policy selection AI in game still crafting is bugged still some perks are missing and there is no clan micromanagement and we have no dialog / issue variety. In these conditions I do not think there will be a complex new feature implementation decision can be taken. We should first finish basics of game completely. Anyway I am only guessing of course. I have no control over these decisions, if I was at top I first want to finish basics too.
I know, I stated it as "if there is a dev who think like this, it's normal for leads, and other devs to think like that". It's a design choice in the end.

@mexxico I love the way you share information with us explicitly, thank you. If you have a moment I'd like you to answer a question please?

In your opinion, is Total War: Rome 2 a complex game?

If you read the reviews about TW in glassdoor from ex employees it seems the biggest problem with the company is the upper management indeed, a shame since the original M&B made by Armagan and his wife alone was such a passionated and revolutionary work in it's time.

To be fair I feel like management is always blamed in glassdoor reviews.. I don't think people normally go to that site with great things to say about their boss!

But it is pretty much an unspoken truth in development that if a project is failing then it is due to poor project management. Unfortunately many of the decisions that would be made to mitigate risk in a project would have been made a long time ago. At this point, even though the company had an influx of cash from EA release, they cannot simply add more coders to make things go faster. That is a common trap for projects that ultimately slows down development due to the senior employees needing to take their time to train the new blood.

I knew when I saw that there was a refactor after early access that things must have been not going according to plan. Still, I am glad that they have been putting out updates over time and I am glad to see the devs are passionate about the game. I have high hopes for bannerlord and the resulting mods, I just don't hold out hope that we will have our perfect game anytime soon!

Well so it seems it will be up to the modders to make Bannerlord achieve its potential, honestly, we should really, REALLY, start making a compilation of what kind of features we want to add, like joining an army as a soldier, etc, and start setting up a group of modders to make a polished, more inmersive version of bannerlord within a single mod and start working towards it. Think of it as a Skyblivion approach to Bannerlord just with the goal of making an inmersive Bannerlord, no weird hard to implement features, just making improvements and adding content to make it more RPG friendly.

Currently i feel there are many modders just going random, making small things that they later abandon and just dont change anything substantially. We need a serious modding team to overhaul the game. There are other teams of this kind but dedicated to make a LOTR or Game of thrones mod, but we should have a Bannerlord vanilla-like one.

Well so it seems it will be up to the modders to make Bannerlord achieve its potential, honestly, we should really, REALLY, start making a compilation of what kind of features we want to add, like joining an army as a soldier, etc, and start setting up a group of modders to make a polished, more inmersive version of bannerlord within a single mod and start working towards it. Think of it as a Skyblivion approach to Bannerlord just with the goal of making an inmersive Bannerlord, no weird hard to implement features, just making improvements and adding content to make it more RPG friendly.

Currently i feel there are many modders just going random, making small things that they later abandon and just dont change anything substantially. We need a serious modding team to overhaul the game. There are other teams of this kind but dedicated to make a LOTR or Game of thrones mod, but we should have a Bannerlord vanilla-like one.
THIS

Back
Top Bottom