Where do we go from here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mawi said:
I would like to see a mini-ENL in which we are going to have 5v5 clan battles. For this, new arena variations could be created by map developers. No bigger maps, no waiting for opposite team to do something, no waiting for the flag, no fancy tactics. Basicly a gladiator arena with clans.

5 vs 5 ?

Seriously ?

10 vs 10 !

TurambarMakart said:
Mawi said:
I would like to see a mini-ENL in which we are going to have 5v5 clan battles. For this, new arena variations could be created by map developers. No bigger maps, no waiting for opposite team to do something, no waiting for the flag, no fancy tactics. Basicly a gladiator arena with clans.

5 vs 5 ?

Seriously ?

10 vs 10 !
A 10vs10 mini-ENL on custom, small, arena-like maps? Cluster**** par excellence.

Another repetitive 10vs10-"discussion", like every couple of months, with no new argument (or any argument whatsoever) and the usual +1 dimwits - yup, that hard evidence will convince everyone.

Ok then, I'll come up with something new.
20 vs 20.
Discuss.

joking ofc  :shock:, for the love of god that´s insane

Im happy with 8v8 but im pretty sure the majority was never convinced. Of course Lust wont poll it because he's dead against the idea and knows any poll would result in the return of 10v10s.

ramboTotalWar said:
10v10. argument= better/competitive/not many as 20v20 so plz make me n tura happy

edit: wut about a poll? fair imo.

That's one of the worst arguments I've read for 10vs10. There's nothing there.
You need to tell us why it's better and why it's competitive, otherwise it isn't going to convince anyone.

Also not as many as 20vs20 is a terrible argument unless you want ENL to turn into duels, because 5vs5 is not as many as 20vs20. What makes 10vs10 better than 5vs5.

Polls are also pretty useless, there is no control over who votes. So the large clans could get all their members to vote and overshadow a smaller clan which would give an unfair bias towards larger clans and therefore larger battle sizes. (Assuming a public poll, a private poll might yield a fairer result)

ramboTotalWar said:
As Lust pointed out on several occasions - for example the last few of the 10vs10-discussions - he prefers arguments deciding such questions and not popularity contests, where every thoughtless simpleton and misty-eyed nostalgic can click a button and be done with it.

Killfacer said:
Im happy with 8v8 but im pretty sure the majority was never convinced. Of course Lust wont poll it because he's dead against the idea and knows any poll would result in the return of 10v10s.
Someone could actually start an inofficial poll for once and find out - would still be pretty useless and redundant but at least a bit less speculative.*

Teams can still decide whether they want to participate (or even organise another tournament/league). I'm still curious though why noone even considers a 9vs9-compromise (not that I think one is necessary) - but meh, still don't give a **** either way anyway.

*Edit: Which I did now.

crazyboy11 said:
ramboTotalWar said:
10v10. argument= better/competitive/not many as 20v20 so plz make me n tura happy

You need to tell us why it's better and why it's competitive, otherwise it isn't going to convince anyone.

Also not as many as 20vs20 is a terrible argument unless you want ENL to turn into duels, because 5vs5 is not as many as 20vs20. What makes 10vs10 better than 5vs5.

Polls are also pretty useless, there is no control over who votes. So the large clans could get all their members to vote and overshadow a smaller clan which would give an unfair bias towards larger clans and therefore larger battle sizes. (Assuming a public poll, a private poll might yield a fairer result)
i've forgot the idea that someone could have taken my post seriously, sorry

ramboTotalWar said:
crazyboy11 said:
ramboTotalWar said:

i've forgot the idea that someone could have taken my post seriously, sorry
I do!
-But i'm just a Toad..  :cry:

This sounds totally off-topic, but every time I read this title, sweet child song comes to mind.
And it's annoying.

Captain Lust said:
What I plan to do from here is run separate tournaments at the same time as WNL. The main thing I'm waiting for is streaming capability at our new office.
The ENSC was real fun. I'm hoping for more of these tournaments. (minus the weird "loosers" matches etc)

Back
Top Bottom