where do the Vlandians come from?

Users who are viewing this thread

In the lore it's stated that the Vlandians 'came from overseas' but where exactly? As far as we can tell from the map there is nothing for quite a while in the western sea, which raises the question of if the Vlandians did come from somewhere very far away across the western ocean(e.g Balion etc), then why do they have a very European seeming culture/appearance?(this kind of convergent evolution seems very unlikely). Alternatively, they could have come from Nordland/Jumne much like the real life Normans, but beyond that I can't think of any other possibilities. I know I'm probably overthinking this but I was just wondering whether It was something the devs had put any thought into or any one else had any ideas about.
Their lore is that they came from overseas, so you can think of them as the Normans mixed with the Anglo-saxons during the time of England

imo:
Vlandia = France (+ Normans)
Khuzaits = Mongols
Sturgia = Scandinavia
Aserai = Arabs
Empire = East Roman Empire (Byzantium)
Battania = mix of England and German tribes

The plaaic as the lore seens to make them something like the Etrurians..
I see very often this hypothesis but I don't see what arguments for.
Battania is mainly a mix between Picts, Welsh, Scots, Irish Gaels and Gallowglasses. The names for the troops and the towns/villages are obviously Celtic. Notable the Fian is a reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fianna

But indeed there are some addition from other cultures like the Thraco-Dacian falx, the throwing axes from Germans etc.

imo:
Vlandia = France (+ Normans)
Khuzaits = Mongols
Sturgia = Scandinavia
Aserai = Arabs
Empire = East Roman Empire (Byzantium)
Vlandia are normans and France (they prefer crossbow to bow) but they come from Balion that Is a western land...while Geroia/Asia has taleworlds mongols here Balion/America has taleworlds normans in place of aztecs.

Their lore is that they came from overseas, so you can think of them as the Normans mixed with the Anglo-saxons during the time of England
Yeah they seem to have a pretty Norman vibe to me, give and take some other English/French characteristics.

Guess you could say they are "Normies"

Personally I'm less concerned where they came from (probably space since they have crossbows), but more how just one village in the entire Kingdom is producing Horses for them? For a Kingdom all about shock Calvary, sure is odd they don't produce more horses themselves.

Back
Top Bottom