Where are the Devs

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under normal circumstances, it would be. I'm well aware of that, but when we're talking about a government that spends so much resources on blatant propaganda to lie, not only to the world, but also to its own citizens? I'm truly sorry if it irks you, but this particular case is different. I don't want to go into too much details with this, because I don't want our friend here to think that foreigners hate them. As he said, he just wants to enjoy the game.

China isn't like Russia. It's propaganda department is ****e. There is no Chinese equivalent of Russia Today, they haven't managed to prevent almost everyone in the west ridiculing them left right and centre, and many of the party leaders still think big red banners with slogans are the best way to disseminate party ideals.

Either way, it is not possible purely through propaganda to make people like the government or its actions. Russia has probably the most sophisticated web of propaganda in the world besides America, but the moment pensions started to go down, Putin's popularity plummeted. Similarly americans have been bombarded with the entire spectrum of mainstream media telling them that the Iraq war was justified, only for nobody to think that after the fear of 9/11 wore off. So if jisiting is saying "you are exaggerating about the government", then unless he is the son of an offical or something, propaganda is not going to have given him that opinion.

Back when there were a load of Turk nationalists denying the Armenian genocide I made sure not to say anything like "you are being brainwashed or misled by Turkish propaganda", because somebody could easily turn round and accuse me of being influenced by Western propaganda. The only way I can get my way out of this contradiction is to say that only I am intelligent and rational enough to know what's propaganda and what isn't, which is both arrogant and kind of Eurocentric.

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When Calradia must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a game to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone somewhere will soon make a change
We're all a part of Armagan big family
And not just Banner, you know
Lord we also need

Where are the devs?
Where are the modders?
Where are the one who make a brighter world
So, let's start giving
There Is a game they are making
They are saving our own lives
It Is true they'll make a bannerlord
Just us and them

Only because you're not a weaboo! We lost virtual waifus, man! Virtual waifus!
Have you seen those um, video films of people in the full body anime suits? Someone should make a horror movie about a virtual tuber kidnaped and forced to live as their character IRL! Makes me wonder if an actress has ever been kidnaped an force to perpetually act as a character.

In case this thread gets locked I wanna say All governments are scary and make me wish I had 300 Khan's guard IRL.
+1 ❤️??❤️??❤️??❤️??❤️

> but also to its own citizens?
All governments lie to their own citizens to some extend, some just make it less obvious.

> TW don't care about the fans or the members of this community as long as they can push their vision and make money doing it.
Doesn't matter if they're from TW or another company, devs work to make money, and they only care about the community if doing so help them making more money in the end. There's absolutely no exception unless we're talking about a game made by one or two guys that technically don't have salaries or working hours.

Last edited:
> but also to its own citizens?
All governments lie to their own citizens to some extend, some just make it less obvious.
Someone: Look, this government does something bad.
YOU: ALL GOVERNMENTS BAD IT IS KNOWN
> TW don't care about the fans or the members of this community as long as they can push their vision and make money doing it.
Doesn't matter if they're from TW or another company, devs work to make money, and they only care about the community if doing so help them making more money in the end. There's absolutely no exception unless we're talking about a game made by one or two guys that technically don't have salaries or working hours.
Someone: TW devs are unresponsive, but TW made a lot of money and they need to show some appreciation for what the players want.
YOU: ALL DEVS WANT MONEY NO ONE CARES ABOUT PLAYERS IT IS KNOWN

This is very helpful!

...devs work to make money, and they only care about the community if doing so help them making more money in the end. There's absolutely no exception unless we're talking about a game made by one or two guys that technically don't have salaries or working hours.

Thats a rather cynical view if Im honest, there are people who actually enjoy their work and care for the end product whatever it is they are producing. But I suppose you are right to some extent, its the world we live in and it is a rather cynical world indeed. I just chose to believe that the average dev actually believe in the product she create regardless of what public think. It is an art-form after all.

The chairman's starting point is good, otherwise it will be detrimental to the future. Youth restrictions, our middle-aged uncle just play, which is a good thing.
you can't be serious, dude
Restrictions should be made by the parents, rules of the house, not by some guys who think he's a god
Ok, children need learn control their time to productive things, I agree, but creating restrictions isn't the way to do it. People need their freedoms to make their choices. I don't agree with these regulations specially when comes from outside my own home deciding what to do with my own FREE time. But again, thank god, I'm not Chinese and don't have to deal with that.
If you believe it's fine, that's your thinking and your culture.
Nobody has the right to decide what I do to my way of life, if I want to waste my Free time playing videogame that's my problem, that's the point.

Thats a rather cynical view if Im honest, there are people who actually enjoy their work and care for the end product whatever it is they are producing. But I suppose you are right to some extent, its the world we live in and it is a rather cynical world indeed. I just chose to believe that the average dev actually believe in the product she create regardless of what public think. It is an art-form after all.
It's an art form for the people who actually design the game, and only if they have enough room to express themselves. Basically when designers are their own boss. But in a company of this size, roles are separated and designers' vision may not be compatible with the producers' goals. They're also rarely in direct contact with the player base because that's the community managers' job. There are other examples, but that's also why big companies end up with CEOs that don't really know much about video games.
This is very helpful!
What kind of help do you seek exactly?

It's an art form for the people who actually design the game, and only if they have enough room to express themselves. Basically when designers are their own boss. But in a company of this size, roles are separated and designers' vision may not be compatible with the producers' goals. They're also rarely in direct contact with the player base because that's the community managers' job. There are other examples, but that's also why big companies end up with CEOs that don't really know much about video games.
Well, another generic and very useful comment. Bannerlord was designed mostly by Armagan, who is also the principal owner of Taleworlds and the ultimate decision maker about what features get done.
So it's not a generic business. It never is and each situation has its nuances and details.
What kind of help do you seek exactly?
I'm glad you asked. But that's all. Life is tough and you sometimes can't get an answer.

Well, another generic and very useful comment. Bannerlord was designed mostly by Armagan, who is also the principal owner of Taleworlds and the ultimate decision maker about what features get done.
So it's not a generic business. It never is and each situation has its nuances and details.
Most businesses also started with one dude making games as a hobby. Today TW is a structured company with at least 130 employees, with goals and schedules. In that regard it is "generic".

Anyway I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your disappointment regarding the state of the game or the lack of communication, just that like many people here you appear to be way too emotional about it and even think that somehow TW owes you something. They don't.

Most businesses also started with one dude making games as a hobby. Today TW is a structured company with at least 130 employees, with goals and schedules. In that regard it is "generic".
They are not very good with their goals and schedules and the owner still calls the shots, instead of corporate automatons you imagine everywhere.
What's your point in saying all this generic corporate stuff when the reality of how TW is run is different?
Did you know they are planning to invest their own money in adding free post-release content in patches because the owner is aware of the failure to deliver what they once promised? That's not rational at all and they will lose money to regain small rep back. Now that's what valuable and specific information looks like.
Anyway I'm not saying you shouldn't voice your disappointment regarding the state of the game or the lack of communication, just that like many people here you appear to be way too emotional about it and even think that somehow TW owes you something. They don't.
Yes, if customers complain they are just being emotional and not rational at all. They need to shut up and just accept a product because nothing ever can be done to sway a company and consumers are powerless. And emotional, which is far worse!
Also, TW owes its customers a finished game, so you are wrong on that count too. But at least you are not emotional, which is a win!

China isn't like Russia.
Yes, it's not. Russia doesn't have a full surveillance system or state-controlled (heavily) Internet. Russians can post memes about Putin and not be arrested. Unless something big goes off on it, nobody would notice or care. Just like how Americans can talk **** about Biden or Trump or Obama. It's different in China. How do you think they can implement that "video games 3 hours a week only" policy?

Either way, it is not possible purely through propaganda to make people like the government or its actions.
That's right. You need a well-rooted education system and long-term conditioning that help with that, both of which actually exist in China. The old one with Mao, and the new one with Xi. There's a "safe" generation in-between that grew up when China was open, so I'm just going to mention that. Look, just remember that panic buying that happened recently because the CCP bragged about a Taiwan invasion. I'm sure it's gone to the mainstream news. That's just one example of how it has an effect over there. Obviously not every single person is affected, but there are enough people to make it a news.

Besides, there ARE Chinese people who hate their government, just like what you'd expect. They just can't do anything about it.

because somebody could easily turn round and accuse me of being influenced by Western propaganda.
Fair and wise. However, when multiple evidences have shown up, over and over, and lots of cases happening over time, I'm sure it's safe to say that there are people affected by propaganda. There's a limit to everything, including to benefit of the doubt and good-will. There's such a thing as being too nice, and it's something that can be taken advantage of.

There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When Calradia must come together as one
Underrated post.

Have you seen those um, video films of people in the full body anime suits?
What the hell?
Makes me wonder if an actress has ever been kidnaped an force to perpetually act as a character.
What the hell is wrong with you?

Tis been over a month and we have nigh heard a word from the developers on any update coming up? In lieu of this there have been reports that a Chinese company has now took over TW, that 1.7 will release next Friday.
Huh, didn't know I'll be getting paid in CNY now, cheers for the update :grin: (ofc that's false). Updates are always coming, as they have since the start of EA. Next versions release when they're ready.

You can find the latest written update here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/467
Or the latest video update here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/482

This thread pretty much solved itself last Friday. You can go have long discussions about China, Russia, and getting stabbed in the UK over in Offtopic, show that area some love, it truly needs it :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom