Where are the BIG Mods??

Users who are viewing this thread

FlagsDontLie

Recruit
So the modding tools are out for about a month now.

Are there any Gamechanging or enhancing mods atm?

I looked at Nexus but there are just the "normal" mods not new Scenes, new Npcs or new missions.
I thought the moddingtools give the ability to mod everything the game has to offer. So I was expecting new animations new models new scenes just a better Bannerlord.

Is there such a stuff out now or do we have to wait more weeks or month ?
And where do I have to look out for it?

Large mod projects can take years to complete. Bethbryo game modding gets good with the accumulation of quality mods only years after their release. Most of the near launch Skyrim mods were quickly obsolete or revealed their hasty quality in comparison. I'd say most skyrim mods that hold up in quality were released after 2015-2016.

Bannerlord should require considerably less reverse engineering and 3rd party tools with it's current modding toolkit and the relatively large amount of decompileable game code but this doesn't necessarily mean more mods or faster development.

You can check out wip mods here.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-chamber-of-crafts-mods-under-construction.642/

Edit: Most of the mods there only have a bunch of ideas and out of game 3d renders to show, so don't get too excited about any of them.

Last edited:
The game itself is still unfinished, so many larger mods will also be waiting for (or have to keep adapting to) new/changed content, mechanics, stats, etc. For some time yet, the biggest mods will be focusing on ideas and experimenting with the tools, probably releasing some 'partial' mods, but significant overhaul mods will be dependent on what the final vanilla game looks like.

The game itself is still unfinished, so many larger mods will also be waiting for (or have to keep adapting to) new/changed content, mechanics, stats, etc. For some time yet, the biggest mods will be focusing on ideas and experimenting with the tools, probably releasing some 'partial' mods, but significant overhaul mods will be dependent on what the final vanilla game looks like.
Excuses. I heard that modders could finish this game in a day so im waiting :wink: We could have the finished modded version while waiting on Tw so why not. Its an valid question. However jokes aside...there are some cool major mods out there that changes the gameplay and characters in it like theres one that focuses on warhammer that i must try out later

I looked at Nexus but there are just the "normal" mods not new Scenes, new Npcs or new missions.
I thought the moddingtools give the ability to mod everything the game has to offer. So I was expecting new animations new models new scenes just a better Bannerlord.

If it was that easy, everyone would be modding.

In development :smile:

We are working hard on creating new mods and updating ex. ones, but it takes a long time to create a mod that adds depth to the game and incorporates a lot of new scenes, etc. Also, the mod tools are not an all inclusive set of "do whatever you want" tools. They can be used to make scenes, but don't just put them right in the game for you. You have to make additional changes and there are a number of processes that are still not documented, so we are working to figure them out.

We are working hard on creating new mods and updating ex. ones, but it takes a long time to create a mod that adds depth to the game and incorporates a lot of new scenes, etc. Also, the mod tools are not an all inclusive set of "do whatever you want" tools. They can be used to make scenes, but don't just put them right in the game for you. You have to make additional changes and there are a number of processes that are still not documented, so we are working to figure them out.
well you could create an own engine though ? or does that conflict with laws... i guess so

hmm yeah " new content " for the moment there is nothing to eat except quests and emotes

I mean like if anyone is down I can help make a mod things like models and scenes.

As for OPs question most of them are in development

well you could create an own engine though ? or does that conflict with laws... i guess so
What!? Creating your own engine is a whole other ball game on another level from modding Bannerlord. If you don't like the engine, then play a different game. No, modders do not create their own engines...

What!? Creating your own engine is a whole other ball game on another level from modding Bannerlord. If you don't like the engine, then play a different game. No, modders do not create their own engines...
was just saying since people here think modders are so effective that they can do everything in an instance. why not working around the issue and free yourselves so the production can start and you dont have to wait for TW all the time because of the harcoding :wink: Yeah i know that! been programming myself back in the days, im just pulling some legs :wink:

was just saying since people here think modders are so effective that they can do everything in an instance. why not working around the issue and free yourselves so the production can start and you dont have to wait for TW all the time because of the harcoding :wink: Yeah i know that! been programming myself back in the days, im just pulling some legs :wink:
ah ok, I didn't get where you were going with that, lol.

Having written a sub-mod to a major mod for another game years ago, I know how frustrating it can be when you're just about finished and the mod you're dependent on releases a new version, obsoleting about 25% of what you did. You begin work to update your mod, and half-way through, the major mod gets yet another change, rendering some of what you just changed no longer needed or inoperative. So, you begin again, or give up, and that's for a FINISHED game. I did a release at one point, and a couple of months later, it was again obsoleted, at which point I did give up.

A lot of modders will wait, or just do conceptual work, until the game is finalized, and even then, it's likely to receive patches which can negate hours or days of effort. Most major mods won't even get started on serious development until then. Figure another 6 months to a year until game release, then another 6 months to a year for the first major overhaul mods to start coming out.

Having written a sub-mod to a major mod for another game years ago, I know how frustrating it can be when you're just about finished and the mod you're dependent on releases a new version, obsoleting about 25% of what you did. You begin work to update your mod, and half-way through, the major mod gets yet another change, rendering some of what you just changed no longer needed or inoperative. So, you begin again, or give up, and that's for a FINISHED game. I did a release at one point, and a couple of months later, it was again obsoleted, at which point I did give up.

A lot of modders will wait, or just do conceptual work, until the game is finalized, and even then, it's likely to receive patches which can negate hours or days of effort. Most major mods won't even get started on serious development until then. Figure another 6 months to a year until game release, then another 6 months to a year for the first major overhaul mods to start coming out.
Basically this, when bannerlord first released there were tons of modders doing incredible stuff already but with each update so frequent and changing so many things most decided to wait for the game to be more stable before seriously commiting to a mod or working in concepts, assets etc for now, it's tons of work for it to break every two weeks or so lol

Back
Top Bottom