Where are the Banners?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think the name Bannerlord is about the piece of cloth... But, more like at the beggining of the medieval ages and middle and high, when they used go to war, the saying was:

"gather your banners", which means... "mobilize the army or call all our lords/vassals"

So, the game in my perspective is that you're the Lord of Lords or the Lord of Kings. So, the name Bannerlord

I don't think the name Bannerlord is about the piece of cloth... But, more like at the beggining of the medieval ages and middle and high, when they used go to war, the saying was:

"gather your banners", which means... "mobilize the army or call all our lords/vassals"

So, the game in my perspective is that you're the Lord of Lords or the Lord of Kings. So, the name Bannerlord

Still TW has shown banners in their promo screenshots years ago. But they just wanted to fool people.

Still TW has shown banners in their promo screenshots years ago. But they just wanted to fool people.
I agree.. but, that's just aethestics.. I'd love to get them as well, it will look splendind ont the battlefield, specially if they add the Aquilifier, or something similiar, whcih was the men that carried the banner in the battlefield. But, if they say the banners, the cloth will be there, they'll be there I believe and hope. The game needs so much more things now, that just more aethestics, don't agree? Still, I'm looking forward for it too

But then again, there's what 60+ employees at TW. Surely 1 person could spend those few days on making banners work in a game called Bannerlord. Also how did this even happen? After 8+ years of development and old screenshots showing them they must have been there for long, so we're to believe they broke just before the EA release or no one ever actually bothered to fix them.

But then again, there's what 60+ employees at TW. Surely 1 person could spend those few days on making banners work in a game called Bannerlord. Also how did this even happen? After 8+ years of development and old screenshots showing them they must have been there for long, so we're to believe they broke just before the EA release or no one ever actually bothered to fix them.

Even the modder had an alternative to banners; By creating 10 equipment sets and giving one set a banner.

Banners are for looks only:
Modder: I created some tweaks/configs for the banners.

Stability, performance, and missing mechanics and features. Banners are something that look pretty but don't currently affect gameplay, so for us, that is low-priority.
Game seems to be performing well and feels stable enough, when is TW going to actually start delivering those missing mechanics and features, which banners are / should be as well?

They are in the game. Mods like Banner Peasants just put the items in some of the troops' hands before a battle. If the soldier needs both hands like bowmen they carry it on their back. You should go look at that mod. It works completely fine.

No clue what the issue is but TW isn't saying more.

They are in the game. Mods like Banner Peasants just put the items in some of the troops' hands before a battle. If the soldier needs both hands like bowmen they carry it on their back. You should go look at that mod. It works completely fine.

No clue what the issue is but TW isn't saying more.

Their bannerman is on vacation. :grin: :grin: Seriously, how many people does this company have working on the game right now? Seems like about 5. I don't know, I just don't get it after 8 years.

Last edited:
Their bannerman is on vacation. :grin: :grin: Seriously, how many people does this company have working on the game right now? Seems like about 5. I don't know, I just don't get it after 8 years.
Seems more like 1-2. The rest is enjoying the EA money I guess.

That´s a good example for other companies, do a good engine and let modders do your work for free.

Last edited:
Seems more like 1-2. The rest is enjoying the EA money I guess.

That´s a good example for other companies, do a good engine and let modders do your work for free.
All this whining... over the fact Banners aren't in the game yet... really? It's so far down on the list of priorities....

They will be in before end of EA. Chill out...

.... and again Bannerlord is referring to the term 'Call the Banners' a.k.a summon the troops/lord etc. It's not meant to be taken literally as the Lord of all Cloth Banners...

All this whining... over the fact Banners aren't in the game yet... really? It's so far down on the list of priorities....
It´s not only about the banners. It´s more about the not working perks and stuff they´ve shown (upgradable villages, gangs in town scenes, and so on).

Will this stuff also be in the game? Nope!

They just faked a lot to get good sales. Doesn´t matter if EA or not. They will never add this stuff. They´ll just bug fix like they did in the last 5 months. Fix 2 bugs, add 5 more.

It´s not only about the banners. It´s more about the not working perks and stuff they´ve shown (upgradable villages, gangs in town scenes, and so on).

Will this stuff also be in the game? Nope!

They just faked a lot to get good sales. Doesn´t matter if EA or not. They will never add this stuff. They´ll just bug fix like they did in the last 5 months. Fix 2 bugs, add 5 more.
Why you wasting your time on this forum then?

Shrug.jpg

Go play another game, join that forum and get involved there. There is literally nothing keeping you here. You know what I do when I don't enjoy a game? I delete it and play another game. I don't spend hours on the game forum every day complaining about it.

You have 615 posts on this forum - your very first post was a complaint about hating the game. Why did you even make an account? Why are you even here?

Last edited:
@AxiosXiphos So because a bunch of us are dissapointed and want and know TW could do way better, but fear they won't we're not allowed to voice our concerns ? If we all just praise TW and say everything is perfect, you can be well assured nothing at all will happen! You really think if No Mans Sky had 90% positive reviews at launch they would have improved it so much ?

Back
Top Bottom