Where are the Banners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are only people allowed here who praise this broken "game"?
Well people who want to actually speak about it, to criticise, offer feedback or praise. Or all 3. Not just complain...

More though it's why you WANT to be here? What do you want? Why waste your life arguing about something you hate, in a place you don't like to people you don't like? There is nothing for you here...

Well people who want to actually speak about it, to criticise, offer feedback or praise. Or all 3. Not just complain...
Are you daft?
complain
/kəmˈpleɪn/
Learn to pronounce

verb
verb: complain; 3rd person present: complains; past tense: complained; past participle: complained; gerund or present participle: complaining
  1. 1.
    express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something.
    "local authorities complained that they lacked sufficient resources"

Similar:
    protest, grumble, moan, whine, bleat, carp, cavil

criticism
/ˈkrɪtɪsɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: criticism; plural noun: criticisms
  1. 1.
    the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes.
    "he received a lot of criticism"

Similar:
    censure, reproval, condemnation, denunciation, disapproval

There are many many things wrong with this game but out of all the possible complaints the banners seem like an odd hill to die on. Its just a bit of cloth lol.

Are you daft?
I dont know where you come from but in the UK we tend to give the word complaint a more negative conotation even "whiney" or self serving; whereas criticise tends to be more proactive; still negative but providing feedback.

I criticised the service. As in I offered reasoning why I didn't like it and how it should of been better.

"The food was cold, it should have been heated for longer"

"Your performance wasn't good; you should of done this"

I complained about the service. I disliked the service and made a fuss about it.

"The food was cold, this resteraunt is aweful"

"You're bad at performing"

Subtle but important. That's how I would use those terms - which lines up with your own descriptions. Now they do overlap in reality but the provided synonyms give a good depiction of the difference.

Complaint:

Criticise:

See the difference? Complaining is an emotional response, criticising is a rational response.

Which is why criticism of the game is valid and welcome. It helps the game improve. Complaining about the game is pointless and toxic. It doesn't help the game improve.

Last edited:
I dont know where you come from but in the UK we tend to give the word complaint a more negative conotation even "whiney" or self serving; whereas criticise tends to be more proactive; still negative but providing feedback.

I criticised the service. As in I offered reasoning why I didn't like it and how it should of been better.

"The food was cold, it should have been heated for longer"

"Your performance wasn't good; you should of done this"

I complained about the service. I disliked the service and made a fuss about it.

"The food was cold, this resteraunt is aweful"

"You're bad at performing"

Subtle but important. That's how I would use those terms - which lines up with your own descriptions. Now they do overlap in reality but the provided synonyms give a good depiction of the difference.

Complaint:

Criticise:

See the difference? Complaining is an emotional response, criticising is a rational response.

Which is why criticism of the game is valid and welcome. It helps the game improve. Complaining about the game is pointless and toxic. It doesn't help the game improve.
Then neither does praise. In complaining and praising you don't have to state your reasons only express feelings, according to you it's okay to express positive feelings, say satisfaction, but not negative ones, say dissatisfaction?
Many will both complain and criticise, it's just that most won't invest time and effort to precisely and comprehensively rationalise one's opinions when no one has asked for it. When you do ask, they give rationalisations. Try doing more of that, instead of complaining about other people complaining.

Then neither does praise. In complaining and praising you don't have to state your reasons only express feelings, according to you it's okay to express positive feelings, say satisfaction, but not negative ones, say dissatisfaction?
Many will both complain and criticise, it's just that most won't invest time and effort to precisely and comprehensively rationalise one's opinions when no one has asked for it. When you do ask, they give rationalisations. Try doing more of that.
That's the point though. Why even do that? Why spend time complaining on a game forum about a game you don't like? What's the benefit? No one asked for it, the game doesn't benefit from it, it causes arguments. No one gains anything.

If you do both then fine, if you complain more then criticise though you should think about why you are actually here. If all you do is complain then you literally add no value to the forum.

Now I hope MostBlunted does offer actual feedback, but his first ever post on this forum was a jab at TW with no reasoning... and every post in this thread is a gab with no reasoning. That's not helpful. Sure mindless praise isn't helpful either but at least it is positive not negative energy.

However I have a strong feeling MostBlunted is an alt account - probably for someone who was previously banned. It's very odd for your first post about this game ever (in April) to be straight up trash talk with no cause or reasoning.

That's the point though. Why even do that? Why spend time complaining on a game forum about a game you don't like? What's the benefit? No one asked for it, the game doesn't benefit from it, it causes arguments. No one gains anything.

If you do both then fine, if you complain more then criticise though you should think about why you are actually here. If all you do is complain then you literally add no value to the forum.

Now I hope MostBlunted does offer actual feedback, but his first ever post on this forum was a jab at TW with no reasoning... and every post in this thread is a gab with no reasoning. That's not helpful. Sure mindless praise isn't helpful either but at least it is positive not negative energy.

However I have a strong feeling MostBlunted is an alt account - probably for someone who was previously banned. It's very odd for your first post about this game ever (in April) to be straight up trash talk with no cause or reasoning.
Honestly, what do you expect? That every comment be well formulated and thoroughly reasoned? How many percentage of comments do you think fit that criteria? Very little. But people like to express feelings and opinions, moreso when others do the same and they might see little reason in repeating what they, or others of similar opinion have already said in perhaps a more precisely and concisely written argument.
Therefore I repeat: If you want complainers to open up with their own reasons, maybe ask for them, instead of complaining about them complaining, which is plain counterintuitive and hypocritical.

Honestly, what do you expect? That every comment be well formulated and thoroughly reasoned?
That's the idea yes.
moreso when others do the same and they might see little reason in repeating what they, or others of similar opinion have already said in perhaps a more precisely and concisely written argument.
If it's already been said in a rational manner what point is there in repeating it irrationally?
Therefore I repeat: If you want complainers to open up with their own reasons, maybe ask for them, instead of complaining about them complaining, which is plain counterintuitive and hypocritical.
Except he isn't complaining about complaining. He's explaining why doing nothing but complaining is bad. Not just saying it's bad and you all are horrible people. He's literally doing exactly to you what he is saying you should do with TW.

Any update on this? I'm really astonished that we don't have the ability to even mod in our own images to use, or edit existing ones, with our own images. That was something we could do in Warband, if we so wished. Yea, we have the code pasting banner creator, but it is heavily limited and nothing like a completely custom made banner.

Any update on this? I'm really astonished that we don't have the ability to even mod in our own images to use, or edit existing ones, with our own images. That was something we could do in Warband, if we so wished. Yea, we have the code pasting banner creator, but it is heavily limited and nothing like a completely custom made banner.
you can check my thread about upcoming changes, some facts etc. the devs talked in ESO stream. I'll just copy paste the banner part

-Adding banners (battle banners) is something they are interested in. They will test some features about banners having effects on nearby troops but there is a high chance it will just be a visual effect

They don't say anything about the date though

-Adding banners (battle banners) is something they are interested in. They will test some features about banners having effects on nearby troops but there is a high chance it will just be a visual effect

Not having banners linked to moral or something is a huge missed opportunity.

VC had troops similar to banner men and trumpeteers who would raise the moral of the army (or nearby troops in battle?)

Back
Top Bottom