when will traits be a thing

Users who are viewing this thread

hey so we all know how messed up the trait/speech check system is
i want to know when will they fix it and make traits useful and make us gain those traits thro choices we make in quests and battles .
i use the glitch in the 75 athletics perk because of how broken the system is .
i dont like using glitches but trying to do it now with no cheating is confusing and bad, 80% could fail and sometimes they only give u 14% speeches (with 100 charm)
and your traits do nothing to help, i want them to make traits an integral part of the game in recruiting lords governing settlements and more

i only seem to lose traits tho how do u gain them ? i do honorable things and do helping missions all the time they never add to traits

Completing quests (honor, sometimes mercy or generosity), winning even battles (valor), having high morale (generosity), etc.

But you need 1000 trait score to gain a new trait and quests give at most 50 per. So it takes awhile and you get no feedback, which makes it take even longer.

Completing quests (honor, sometimes mercy or generosity), winning even battles (valor), having high morale (generosity), etc.

But you need 1000 trait score to gain a new trait and quests give at most 50 per. So it takes awhile and you get no feedback, which makes it take even longer.
but sending soliders into battle without ur char effects negative to valor, id doesnt make sense , so hard to keep it

Traits changes your relations with NPC - after a while my character gained Honor trait and it immediatelly changed my relationship with NPC's all over the map. In many cases to -2 - preventing me from being able to recruit in some towns/villages. So I guess its implemented but not fully working I think...

hey so we all know how messed up the trait/speech check system is
i want to know when will they fix it and make traits useful and make us gain those traits thro choices we make in quests and battles .
i use the glitch in the 75 athletics perk because of how broken the system is .
i dont like using glitches but trying to do it now with no cheating is confusing and bad, 80% could fail and sometimes they only give u 14% speeches (with 100 charm)
and your traits do nothing to help, i want them to make traits an integral part of the game in recruiting lords governing settlements and more
I have begun an investigation on traits. Shown here:

Valor is weird though...

Traits changes your relations with NPC - after a while my character gained Honor trait and it immediatelly changed my relationship with NPC's all over the map. In many cases to -2 - preventing me from being able to recruit in some towns/villages. So I guess its implemented but not fully working I think...

WAD - when you gain trait, you loose relation with all with the opposite. If you gain Honor +1, you lose 2 relation with all that have Honor-1
Exactly how it works wit characters that has other values in honor I don't know.

@Tryvenyal
I agree with your statement, how it should work, but what I meant is there are no clear rules what makes you loose or gain trait (I started with Valor and lost after first won battle and now gained Honor I never had).

Well I actually did that, got a better horse and vlandian lance. And after 1 battle, I lost the valortrait

In 1.5.7?

It was bugged previously. You were given the trait without the corresponding trait score, so when the game checked, it would see under 1000 trait score and strip it from you.

But that was fixed in 1.5.6 or 1.5.7, AFAIK.

Fixed is relative I think. It is better? Maybe, but there is a lot of confusion around the mechanic and it doesn't seem to be working fully or it is just a not very fleshed out mechanic.

In 1.5.7?

It was bugged previously. You were given the trait without the corresponding trait score, so when the game checked, it would see under 1000 trait score and strip it from you.

But that was fixed in 1.5.6 or 1.5.7, AFAIK.
Hm, do you know what numberthe Trait gain from character creation is set as?

Back
Top Bottom