When will there be a Siege Overhaul?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aside form the fact that the AI is really really lacking during sieges (Most AI don't even fight back on both sides???). I'm wondering when the "full picture" will come into play. On all of these castle and town maps, there's VERY CLEARLY certain points in the map that are there for defending against anyone who made it past the first wall. I'm talking about the second gate that's left open, multiple towers for archers near the keep, or just barricades for archers to shoot through at certain choke points that can be held. I know they're planning SOMETHING to happen ( It was also mentioned in the dev blogs leading up to release, I believe it was a 3 part series). It's just the "when" is where I'm concerned. I can't really see much else at this point taking priority over getting sieges to work properly and to the fullest extent.

TL;DR: I know they're adding keep battles but they've made no mention of this other mysterious 2nd phase in sieges.

Been thinking the same thing since I got the game. Leaving aside the buggy siege towers etc. it feels like a waste of the maps that the fighting only takes place by the gate and on the walls. You'd think they'd only have to change the spots on which the 'reinforcements' spawn so that after the walls and gatehouse are taken you'd have to fight your way through the city to reach the keep.

Its really just serving as a background to make the scene feel bigger

Standard take the most outer wall and spawnkill the defenders is what I feel its gonna stay as

Aside form the fact that the AI is really really lacking during sieges (Most AI don't even fight back on both sides???). I'm wondering when the "full picture" will come into play. On all of these castle and town maps, there's VERY CLEARLY certain points in the map that are there for defending against anyone who made it past the first wall. I'm talking about the second gate that's left open, multiple towers for archers near the keep, or just barricades for archers to shoot through at certain choke points that can be held. I know they're planning SOMETHING to happen ( It was also mentioned in the dev blogs leading up to release, I believe it was a 3 part series). It's just the "when" is where I'm concerned. I can't really see much else at this point taking priority over getting sieges to work properly and to the fullest extent.

TL;DR: I know they're adding keep battles but they've made no mention of this other mysterious 2nd phase in sieges.
Maybe you are speaking about the lord's hall battle?
It is confirmed being implemented, but nothing about "when" it will be available.
Hopefully next beta, with the new terrain system.

This does make me wonder if we need/will need some siege-specific commands for troops when defending. Like “hold the walls/gate,” “fall back to secondary barricades,” “fall back to the keep” (when the battle scene is implemented at least). That could at least let the devs set some pre-determined AI gathering spots that they’ve clearly put some design work into. Right now the AI sometimes does a really interesting job of reinforcing places where the walls are breached, dropping rocks, and lining up archers for defense. But as commander I don’t think any of the standard battle commands would really help right now? This was a glaring problem in warband with using the battlefield commands in sieges.

Back
Top Bottom