When will the Viking Nord Faction arrive?

Do you think the Viking Nord Faction will release while early acces or after early acces?

• They will release in early acces!

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • They will release after early acces!

Votes: 44 91.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Oho big boy is talking. Instead of posting non sense things search for an hobby^^

I and others are just trying to point out how silly you look writing things like that. But hey, if you'd rather be blissfully unaware keep doing what you're doing, I don't think it'll make you very popular but you do you.

I and others are just trying to point out how silly you look writing things like that. But hey, if you'd rather be blissfully unaware keep doing what you're doing, I don't think it'll make you very popular but you do you.
I have my opinion and noone can change mine! I just pointed out thats absolute wrong when people say: "Sturgia is Nords, what do you want more?" I gave source for people to read about lore to see that Sturgian Culture is completly another in comparison to Nord Culture! And when people insult me and say i dont know anything about history over vikings then its my good right to say something. But i already noticed here are a lot trolls and people which dont appreciate others people opinion. Iam not an incompetent guy how u called me with "Dunning-Kruger"! I just say i already now the History about Kievan Rus and i did not understand anything wrong in term of Kievan Rus beeing Scandinavian Vikings!

Iam not an incompetent guy how u called me with "Dunning-Kruger"! I just say i already now the History about Kievan Rus and i did not understand anything wrong in term of Kievan Rus beeing Scandinavian Vikings!

And that is the Dunning-Kruger part about it. If you really were an expert on the topic you would not say that "you do not understand anything wrong". If you were to talk to someone who studies their history for a living, they would not say that, because they would be very aware that there's many things that they still don't know about the subject.

And that is the Dunning-Kruger part about it. If you really were an expert on the topic you would not say that "you do not understand anything wrong". If you were to talk to someone who studies their history for a living, they would not say that, because they would be very aware that there's many things that they still don't know about the subject.
Ofc! In life you will always learn something new, it will never stop thats my opinion. But in term of that iam not knowing what iam saying in case of the sturgians are nords iam 100% in the right to say that i dont understand anything wrong about that because i just say what TaleWorlds say... So there is nothing wrong i have said and i dont care what other people say because TaleWorlds are the founder of the Mount and Blade Lore and when they say Sturgians are Kievan Rus and Nords are scandinavian vikings then should the people just be silent ^^

I gave source for people to read about lore to see that Sturgian Culture is completly another in comparison to Nord Culture!

The lore is just flavour text, it's not the Qur'an. Most of the lore doesn't match what's in the game. You're basically arguing that because of some lore text, you can ignore everything about the Sturgians in the actual game.

Almost every youtuber and casual player calls them "the Vikings" the same way they jokingly call Battania "the Irish". Everyone except Viking fanboy purists acknowledges this, and it seems like you're using lore text from years ago to justify why we need even more boring-ass cartoon Vikings in the game.

The lore is just flavour text, it's not the Qur'an. Most of the lore doesn't match what's in the game. You're basically arguing that because of some lore text, you can ignore everything about the Sturgians in the actual game.

Almost every youtuber and casual player calls them "the Vikings" the same way they jokingly call Battania "the Irish". Everyone except Viking fanboy purists acknowledges this, and it seems like you're using lore text from years ago to justify why we need even more boring-ass cartoon Vikings in the game.
I will not start to discuss with you because it would be a waste of time! I see u hate vikings and have a problem with the faction. And you also ignore the Lore of Mount and Blade so its basically wrong to say from the youtubers to call the sturgians vikings since the vikings have their own nordlands on the map. ^^

Last edited:
I don't hate the Vikings. I just hate their oversaturation in popular culture. But that's beside the point, and so is the "lore".

The question you're asking is "Is Sturgia intended by the developers to depict the Vikings?" and there are two ways we can answer this:

1. Look at the 3d models and compare them to historical sources (or pop culture depictions) on the Vikings. (Yes)
2. Ask the developers if the Sturgians are supposed to be Viking. (Yes)

Reading the lore is just a less effective version of 2. They could write anything in there. There are tons of inconsistencies in the writing, not just between Bannerlord and Warband but within the game itself. It's not the focus of the game, and the developers have rightly concluded that it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day there is no real answer. It's just a video game created by a poorly-communicating team of interns, not a religious revalation. This is why it's so ridiculous that you're saying the flavour text is the end-all and be-all of developer intention, when I could find quotes from said developers that contradict everything you're saying.

Why would anybody want a faction that it going to look at least 70% like other existing factions instead of something else? At this point I would even take a samurai themed faction rather than another history-channel-looking viking faction.

If they ever make a dlc with naval voyage/combat as a theme, they should add a faction based on peoples from southeast asia.

Why would anybody want a faction that it going to look at least 70% like other existing factions instead of something else? At this point I would even take a samurai themed faction rather than another history-channel-looking viking faction.

If they ever make a dlc with naval voyage/combat as a theme, they should add a faction based on peoples from southeast asia.
Yes tbh i would more like to see an Samurai faction in bannerlord instead of another infantry focused faction like the vikings but i think more factions are good and nord vikings could have an unique playstyle compared to Sturgians.

I don't hate the Vikings. I just hate their oversaturation in popular culture. But that's beside the point, and so is the "lore".

The question you're asking is "Is Sturgia intended by the developers to depict the Vikings?" and there are two ways we can answer this:

1. Look at the 3d models and compare them to historical sources (or pop culture depictions) on the Vikings. (Yes)
2. Ask the developers if the Sturgians are supposed to be Viking. (Yes)

Reading the lore is just a less effective version of 2. They could write anything in there. There are tons of inconsistencies in the writing, not just between Bannerlord and Warband but within the game itself. It's not the focus of the game, and the developers have rightly concluded that it doesn't matter.

At the end of the day there is no real answer. It's just a video game created by a poorly-communicating team of interns, not a religious revalation. This is why it's so ridiculous that you're saying the flavour text is the end-all and be-all of developer intention, when I could find quotes from said developers that contradict everything you're saying.
The funny part about this whole thing is that the very dev blog post that he uses as the basis for his argument goes right against what he says, and points out that Sturgia is part Nord, with strong "viking" influence, and that if anyone wants their viking fix, that's the faction to go to.
To which he then promptly moves the goalpost to say "But they're not PURE vikings" whatever the hell that would even mean...

Inappropriate language
I'd like more Nord stuff but a whole separate faction is unnecessary. Nobody wants the same carbon copy faction of all the factions we already have. TW would probably introduce a Nord faction as DLC which of course nobody with half a brain wants and I'd rather not pay for.

Edit: -snipped insults-

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like more Nord stuff but a whole separate faction is unnecessary. Nobody wants the same carbon copy faction of all the factions we already have. TW would probably introduce a Nord faction as DLC which of course nobody with half a brain wants and I'd rather not pay for.

If you really are desperate for "pure" Norwegian ****, you can use mine if you pay well.

It might be against the forum rules (and illegal in some countries) to try to solicit/prostitute yourself out, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom