when will the imperial basic cavalries come?

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't stand it.It's unbelivable that a BIG,LARGE (though it's been divided)EMPIRE on the plain have no BASIC cavalry troops(Bucellarii is not).Wow, are you even thinking about it TW? because it's funny that Battania —— the kingdom in the forest have much more BASIC cavalry troops than empire.
I've been saying such things few months ago.Well,it seems TW don't really want to overhaul troops these months,It's alright for it's not their main purpose now. They have much more problems and bugs to fix.
I won't stop saying this until they add the cavalry.Hope the game get better by the way.

I'm under the impression that the Empire, is mostly based on the real world Eastern Roman Empire, if so we must note that in the real world, the Bucellarii seemed to be cavalry of the Romans during their time (besides auxiliaries), and were a good fit for the situation they were in. Besides, I would say that the bucellarii in game are fairly decent as regular cavalry, it's not as if they don't possess a good melee weapon.

it's not as if they don't possess a good melee weapon
They don't posses a good (mounted)melee weapon. The only good Cavalry melee type of weapon are the glaives and other horizontal swinging pole arms.... so yeah only Khans guard family have a 'good' mounted weapon. Just watch some Cav (other then kg line) more closely, they have a hard time landing a hit, a small amount of Cav on Cav will durp around whiffing at each other for a very long time.

Also, I hope for SOWRD SISTER to solve the Cav crisis.... for the player anyways.

That's true. I take back my previous statement. Cavalry in Bannerlord can be a tad bit wack at times, or rather the vast majority of the time.
I guess I should say though that I agree with you about bucellarii being the best substitute for more Cav, their arrows make them more useful then melee Cav and they're the only imperial archer with 2 quivers of arrows. Aside from needing a warhorse they're pretty much the best troop out of imperials.

Give them a lance, like the real unit they are based on. so they carry a lance, bow, arrows and sword. that will allow them to be decent multi use cav, but will still have the weakness of armor compared to cataphracts

As others have pointed out. The Buccelarii are meant to be the more basic cavalry which reflects the Eastern Roman emphasis on more tactically flexible units. It's just that they are pushed more heavily into the horse archer role and do lack something like a lance to flesh them out a bit more.

That said, they do perform quite well as cavalry in a pinch and get enough of them and well.. You can just shoot the enemy to bits anyways. So at best you could argue that you want an earlier stepping stone into them so it's not just a single unit out of an entire tree.

So those are really the main takeaways there i think. Depends on what taleworlds wants to do with them i suppose.

If I remember correctly at the beginning the empire had a light cavalry branch that were the menavliaton, but then they decide to put them on foot.
Once again if my memories are correct, in that case the empire was lacking an anti cav unit on foot

well seems no one turly understands what i mean.maybe ONE cavalry in the basic troop tree is enough for everyone
Well it's not like you leave a lot of room for discussion in your original post.

You could for example articulate better as to WHY it needs more cavalry rather than just stating it's supposed to have it.

For example you could point out that the Average Imperial Parties and armies are in comparison very short on cavalry to other parties/armies due to a higher reliance on Noble troops and that the Buccellarii are in Tier 5 with nothing else leaving little room for any cavalry to develop.

You could then try and be a bit more flexible on the Buccellarii rather than just outright dismiss them as a way to broach the topic for a solution on the matter. For example suggesting they lose a quiver of arrows for a lance to make them more flexible but also open up for a T4 Horse cavalry unit that just uses Horses to create rather than Warhorses. If you were extra bold you could even suggest the tree to start at T3.

Key here is. Rather than just framing it as "Empire needs Cavalry because i think so" you could set it up as a more open topic into the state of Imperial Armies and then offer up potential solutions that make your end desire : IE cavalry of some sort, a possible solution and perhaps the more appealing solution to this potential issue.

Because there is i think an issue with Imperial Army compositions vis a vis cavalry at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom