When will content be added to the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

zMasterofPie

Recruit
It's been 6 months. 80% or more of the playerbase has left the game at least temporarily. Almost nothing new has been added. I heard that out of all their 100+ employees, Taleworlds only has 8 coders working on the campaign. What gives?

I also heard about an "unannounced project" in the works. You're telling me that after having released essentially a tech demo, and not giving said tech demo any major updates in 6 months, Taleworlds are already starting something new?

Did they abandon Bannerlord? Did they just leave it to a team of 8 people to slowly chip away at? Or do they expect the modders to finish it? God this game makes me sad. When it was released, so many Warband players left for Bannerlord, realized the game was ****, and then just left Mount & Blade all together. What a shame. I would love for someone to change my mind, but I can't help but feel Bannerlord was kind of left for dead by Taleworlds.

If they would keep communicating with us properly and show us they actually cared about the game, myself and others wouldn't be writing these kinds of threads. But it seems like Bannerlord was just a cash grab. If the game does see any real improvements, at the current pace it will take yet another 8 years to be the kind of game we the fans had envisioned.

You don't know? All of them escaped to Hawaii. Sometimes they posting pictures with some nice beaches and some nice bottle of champagnes. Just for mocking us. Last time i heard they selling all the MB rights to the EA. Can you believe this **** !!!! And what EA do with this rights ? Guess what ! A medieval battle royal card game with Nvidia tech. You can do a poker face pretty effectively with this new tech they say. My god..

This corporate people.. I mean ewwwww. ?

i must say it worries me aswell
i understand u need to get the basics right
make sure there are no more chrashes and the game runs smoothly
but leaving items out of the game for so long or not fixing siege ladders is taking a lil long
some content drops would be marvelous

It's been 6 months. 80% or more of the playerbase has left the game at least temporarily. Almost nothing new has been added.
Nothing big in 6 months? Are you even talking about Bannerlord? I mean they fixed a big number of bugs, added new armor sets for Battania and Sturgia. Added late game horse harnesses, improved ai diplomacy, multiple new quests, added cheering, added multiple perks, added multiple females to avoid clan destruction, with hooked spears you can take off people, they added modding tools and much more. If that's not enough for you, then I am very confident that with even their biggest update or full release you still would be unhappy.

Nothing big in 6 months? Are you even talking about Bannerlord? I mean they fixed a big number of bugs, added new armor sets for Battania and Sturgia. Added late game horse harnesses, improved ai diplomacy, multiple new quests, added cheering, added multiple perks, added multiple females to avoid clan destruction, with hooked spears you can take off people, they added modding tools and much more. If that's not enough for you, then I am very confident that with even their biggest update or full release you still would be unhappy.

Are You even serious right now? Added harnesses? Cheering? Multiple perks?
Dude, they added perks to a few skills and some of them still have coding errors in them. Harnesses and other items are nice and all but that's a drop in the ocean, many items are completely unbalanced and we have tons of redundant scarp. If anything many items became unavailable to buy in game right now and You need mods to acquire them. Adding females with working character creation kit is nothing more than generating some numbers, from what they were saying they have specific ranges for numbers in character properties to represent every nation's look, so that's nothing more than generating some numbers in these ranges and than just making sure that they don't look ugly. Modding tools are the same tools they are using to create their content so it's not like they worked on them from the scratch in the last few months. What else - cheering, half-assed selection menu where You can blindly choose animation that You want your character to play (animations were already in game of course).

I could go on for hours. Today I gave the game another go after 4 months and I'm so disappointed. Not only did I found that not much has changed, some of the things that have changed did so for the worse. Healing is abysmal now, only few perks have been reworked and some of them have bugs, missing items, brain dead siege ai, etc.

Tell me again about new horse harnesses, maybe in a few months we'll get another saddle

Last edited:
Are You even serious right now? Added harnesses? Cheering? Multiple perks?
Dude, they added perks to a few skills and some of them still have coding errors in them. Harnesses and other items are nice and all but that's a drop in the ocean, many items are completely unbalanced and we have tons of redundant scarp. If anything many items became unavailable to buy in game right now and You need mods to acquire them. Adding females with working character creation kit is nothing more than generating some numbers, from what they were saying they have specific ranges for numbers in character properties to represent every nation's look, so that's nothing more than generating some numbers in these ranges and than just making sure that they don't look ugly. Modding tools are the same tools they are using to create their content so it's not like they worked on them from the scratch in the last few months. What else - cheering, half-assed selection menu where You can blindly choose animation that You want your character to play (animations were already in game of course).

I could go on for hours. Today I give the game another go after 4 months and I'm so disappointed. Not only did I found that not much has changed, some of the things that have changed did so for the worse. Healing is abysmal now, only a few perks have been reworked and some of them have bugs, missing items, brain dead siege ai, etc.

Tell me again about new horse harnesses, maybe in a few months we'll get another saddle
Sorry but if you're too impatient to wait 1-2 years (or more) for to game to be complete. I'm ****ing surprised you lasted the 8 years waiting for EA release. If you put 1000+ h into the game already, that's your own fault, you knew what you were getting into. Don't know what items are you talking about, only items that are unavailable are some of the noble ones and there's an easy fix for it. I just use cheats to get and then turn them off. You're acting like it's a big deal. If modding tools are not a big thing why people wanted them so much? As for the rest, they are just minor things. If you have something huge that really is a problem then maybe we can talk. You're just nitpicking on every single small error. You should at least focus on big errors and talk about them if you want to impress me or whatever.

Sorry but if you're too impatient to wait 1-2 years (or more) for to game to be complete. I'm ****ing surprised you lasted the 8 years waiting for EA release. If you put 1000+ h into the game already, that's your own fault, you knew what you were getting into. Don't know what items are you talking about, only items that are unavailable are some of the noble ones and there's an easy fix for it. I just use cheats to get and then turn them off. You're acting like it's a big deal. If modding tools are not a big thing why people wanted them so much? As for the rest, they are just minor things. If you have something huge that really is a problem then maybe we can talk. You're just nitpicking on every single small error. You should at least focus on big errors and talk about them if you want to impress me or whatever.

These were your own examples, I just showed you how these things bring next to nothing to the experience and took way less effort than it may look, but yeah, this is pointless. Enjoy your game in a nursing home I guess. Watch out, I heard there's big content update coming and they're going to fix cow texture this time

These were your own examples, I just showed you how these things bring next to nothing to the experience and took way less effort than it may look, but yeah, this is pointless. Enjoy your game in a nursing home I guess. Watch out, I heard there's big content update coming and they're going to fix cow texture this time
You're just spoiled, when you get a decent meal, you're pissed that you didn't get a big feast. Lol you're kinda bad at insults and bad at being sarcastic. Thanks for making my day, have a nice day <3

They haven't hinted of any more actual content coming, despite 6 months... The only substantial change is the combat parameters, which should have been fixed before EA release anyway, since we basically gave TW clear advice on it one year prior to it, go figure, nobody has any idea what their intentions are, these "statement" posts by TW might as well not exist. Don't expect anything substantial at all from their side from now on.

I'm having a lot of fun playing the game in the current state + few mods.
That said the rate of development is disappointing at best. Week by week all we get is bugfixes mostly, makes me think the code behind is terrible and their dev team is too small. Management most likely sucks too, given years of development they threw away.
Get 12 students or junior devs cracking on bugs just peer test, and review them diligently. Leave senior staff working on new/promised features and maybe in 2 years we get out of early access. They have the money for it.
Yes, it's not that easy, but it should not be that hard...

I for one am not worried. All taleworld has to do is clear out the major bugs and issues, and then the modding community will take care of the rest.

Added harnesses?
Lol and it's impossible to get, why did they even bother adding these if you can't even buy them, much less try them on. LOL!! what a joke.

Some of the guys here just amazes me. If you admit to using cheat to get the harnesses, then you're proving the point that the game is broken and badly designed. Wow.

Bannerlord Abandoned??? lol I doubt it... However... If you're looking for new content/features... You'll probably have to wait a little while longer than you initially expected my friend.

Check out this video link: Armagan interview. At around 1:40 in the video Armagan Yavuz himself says (justifying the early access price) that the game is a "very, very featured game where you have so many different features." I also remember it being said that the main purpose of EA was to identify "Obscure bugs" that can only really be found by a bunch of people playing the game...

I bought this game the moment it was available and the amount of features that were in there... Well, I wouldn't call it "very featured"... And the bugs I ran into weren't obscure at all. In fact, I ran into dozens of bugs that any person would've identified within the first hour or two of playing the game... Some even game breaking.

Taking into account what has been said by higher-ups in TW, and seeing the state of the game when it launched (in EA), AND seeing what it is now (more than 6 months later)... I'm personally beginning to think that the base game will essentially be what we currently have.

Now this is all conjecture of course as I am not a part of the company, but regardless of what will be, modulating your expectations would probably be best for your mood.

Unless it's intended by the developers as a result of a deep, emotional and enthralling narrative, no game should ever do this:
God this game makes me sad.

Don't worry though... All will be well... All will be as it should... Eventually...
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom