When was the first time you ever played mount&blade

Users who are viewing this thread

First played Mount and Blade demo in or around '07 or '08. Quickly bought the game. The sandbox map was unimpressive, but the combat was fun and grind addictive. Signed up on forum around time Warband was announced and dived into the beta ASAP. So I first played about 12-13 years ago. Some say that's not possible, because my forum account isn't that old and I was a mere 3 years old at the time. But it was for my love of Bannerlord that I learned to use a keyboard and started gaming shortly after I aged out of diapers. Many hours of fun, great MP and SP mods. I've only played M&B, and Warband, and of course this latest rubbish Mount and Blade: Warband the Second Remaking.

Saw a video on youtube in 2008, thought "this kinda looks like boring trash" and never thought about it again until 2010 when i was really bored and saw a demo. I played the hell out of it and immediately bought it, then realised how bad native was and made an entire overhaul mod.

I was browsing videos of mods for Medieval 2 Total War on youtube around 2008. Suddenly I got a video of a large battle that was very different and had a weird title. At first I had thought it's some mod for Medieval 2 that changes camera and animations, but when I realised that it's actually a whole game... oh boy.

Must have been around 2009 when I spotted the dvd on a store shelf. I read the description on the package and it was everything I ever wanted from a game. Sounds too good to be true I thought but lets give it a try. Went home, installed, played and was instantly hooked.

4-5 years ago... I found out about this game when return my exchange program in Portugal and just typed 10 best startegy games on youtube Warband was on the list of this guy i saw

In 2005 when I was 8 years old, I was living in a village in Romania with no internet and one of our neighbors downloaded the demo from an Internet café in the nearby town. I remember playing over and over again until level 7 and than one day he got a key and the rest is history.

In 2012 when I were a wee lad at the ripe age of 14, I was playing on a different game when a mate said "come play this game, it's fun!", I started on NW and then gradually came to 'competitive' Native Warband in 2015.

I played the first demo when it came with a magazine on a demo-DVD (or maybe it was even a CD back then?). Must have been 2004.

When black knights were still roaming the lands and I remember there was this one "salt mine" or something, that was just a hole in the ground with one dude in it that would buy your prisoners.

Now I'm 32 and Bannerlord reminds me a lot of that first demo :razz: It will be alright people, just give them time.

Heh, I remember I had a few months break from M2TW/CK, but the urge to play something medieval came again, as usual...and I googled "medieval games 2010". They had just released Warband!
Never lost the habit ever since...fond memories xD

Like 2012 I think, I remember looking for medieval RPGS as I was obsessed to them, I first played the original mount and blade and found out Warband, and then I found the multiplayer, damn so much time of my life wasted lmao

2005, and I was blown away by the gameplay, open world, everything about it felt 10 years ahead of it's time

Really surreal experience, anyone remember the black knights?

Back
Top Bottom