SP - General When upgrading cavalry, no horse/warhorse is required; instead, let the horse's "fixed market value" be added to the ascent cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a situation that I have been wondering for a long time and at the same time pissing me off:

In Bannerlord, unlike Warband, when raising "mountain troops", horses/war horses are required according to their level. We also know from the encyclopedia that each nation normally uses the horse of its own culture (Catafract, imperial war horse; Khagan Guard, steppe war horse; Banner knight, vlandian war horse, etc.)

What makes me doubt here (which I also find very illogical) is that any culture war horse is valid during the upgrade regardless of the soldier's culture. So when you upgrade the khagan guard, you can upgrade with a vlandian war horse, not a steppe war horse. (Applicable to all cultures and other cavalry units)

I wonder if that soldier is using the horse used during the upgrade, or is this a completely "show" situation, and does he use the horse of the culture in the same way it belongs to.

Whichever is valid, I see it as an unreasonable and unnecessary hassle.

(If he's using the horse during the upgrade, it's ridiculous because of the culture incompatibility. If the culture's horse is using the standard, it's ridiculous to be able to upgrade with the horses of other cultures. It's ridiculous anyway.)

I'm on version 1.5.9, after 100 days it's pretty hard to find a "war horse". I'm past the price fold, there are officially no war horses in the markets. I have to go around the map.

My suggestion would be: when raising units, it should be automatically added to the cost of the upgrade based on the default "fixed price" of the respective horse in the game data, that is, only the price of the horse should be added to the upgrade price, without the horse/war horse itself being required. The player should also not need a horse/war horse. Moreover, it is as if we are supplying other equipment!!!

I like your reasoning but not the suggestion.

Ofcourse the current solution is a compromice. The ideal solution would be to require the correct horse/warhorse.
That however would be a very big hassle!

What is the "marketprice" for a warhorse when you are in the middle of a campaign deep into enemy land?

Your solution is applied already, when recruiting a mounted unit(Even though you only pay for a horse even if it´s unit using a war horse). In these cases, you are in cultural land of the unit

I like your reasoning but not the suggestion.

Ofcourse the current solution is a compromice. The ideal solution would be to require the correct horse/warhorse.
That however would be a very big hassle!

What is the "marketprice" for a warhorse when you are in the middle of a campaign deep into enemy land?

Your solution is applied already, when recruiting a mounted unit(Even though you only pay for a horse even if it´s unit using a war horse). In these cases, you are in cultural land of the unit
''What is the "marketprice" for a warhorse when you are in the middle of a campaign deep into enemy land?''

In other units, bow, arrow, armor, shield, weapon, etc. when you don't want any equipment; I don't understand why it is defended in cavalry units.

Warbant did not have this system; Who ever dreamed of and wanted the present? I don't think anyone was complaining that day.

I think the tier system in the game is extremely sufficient; In other words, as the tier rises, the daily salary already increases, and you also pay a certain fee for the first upgrade. If around 500-1k dinars are added to this upgrade price, I think it will not cause any imbalance. If you don't accept this, for example, you should expect "quality 6th tier armor+other equipment...etc." in imperial legionary promotion!

If you don't accept this, for example, you should expect "quality 6th tier armor+other equipment...etc." in imperial legionary promotion!

Believe me, I think you should. Not the redicolous prices today thought... Its a question of remaking the entire economy in the game.

Make fiefs, caravans and workshops alot more profitable and make soldiers expensive and war-loot alot less profitable.

The costs nothing to hire or upgrade. A legionarie costs you 20 + 25 +50 + 100 + 200 + maintenance, if you upgrade from a recruited recruit 395 denars for argueable the best soldier in the game! Thats less than you gain from killing 20 looters....!

But this is a wargame, I understund the war-aspects needs to be accessible and profitable!

PS, see my suggestion Increase troop recruit and upgrade cost and abstract trade goods for their gear if you want to see what I want and would expect :smile:

PS, see my suggestion

That's exactly what I told your man :smile:)

I guess I'm the only one who thinks so. Matter of taste. I will not prolong it any further. Still, I hope there will be some progress on this. At least, it is very difficult to find war horses in the markets, some have 3-4. I hope it attracts attention and my request will be met, even in one way.

Back
Top Bottom