SP - Player, NPCs & Troops When released from being a prisoner

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
When all Ai are released they go to a nearby friendly town. When we get released we leave from our current location. o I was in a town dungeon behind enemy lines, I was ransomed and let go, to make a long story short I was captured 3 more times trying to get out of enemy territory back to a friendly town sine we were still at war, and I lost about 25% of my money being captured so many times.
When we are released or ransomed after being captured we should be sent right back to the nearest friendly city so we dont risk being captured over and over behind enemy lines

No!

Getting back into safe areas to rebuilt a party after being captured is one of the few very challenging things in the game. As the character is usually faster than any hostile party (except very small bands of desert raiders or steppe raiders, those are really nasty), it is, in most cases, just running and avoiding until you arrive at first friedly or neutral settlement.

No!

Getting back into safe areas to rebuilt a party after being captured is one of the few very challenging things in the game. As the character is usually faster than any hostile party (except very small bands of desert raiders or steppe raiders, those are really nasty), it is, in most cases, just running and avoiding until you arrive at first friedly or neutral settlement.

Agree.

And another aspect is map teleportation and that it should be avoided, at least for the player!

I think the solution should be something related to Scouting. A single rider in the night should be able pass a larger army quite easely, without outrunning them(even if he is seen, he is no threat to the army and probably not identified as an enemy lord). Yes, I´m talking of a stealth-mode. A party with very few individuals with a s good score in scouting should not be detected by a much larger force with bad scouting. Bandits would probably need a Scouting score if they don't have it. A lonely lord is very juicy for them :razz:

Hmm.. I´ll think of such solution today.... :smile:

Today in my campaign I had 10 different bandit parties demand payment from me, each coming one after the other to demand I pay up or fight them. I was too encumbered to get to a city to unload my cargo so I was stuck moving at a snails pace. When I finally ran out of money to give them, another party fought and defeated me in battle and dragged me around a few days only to drop me off right in the middle of another 10 parties who were more than eager to repeat what they had done to me earlier. Ended up just reloading a different save because I got tired of it.

I personally really like your suggestion of transferring the player to the nearest friendly settlement as a solution to this issue. If my companions get sent there, why can't I?

yes overburden, prisoners, not having horses for infantry all slow you down and the herd penalty makes it that much more vital to monitor your speed, but when i got released it was just me on foot and I couldn't outrun anyone. they need a better system to you don't get caught over and over

Back
Top Bottom