When not in a kingdom or as mercenary, why can't create an army with my parties?

Users who are viewing this thread

So when I am not in a kingdom, and not serve as mercenary, I create 4 parties through companions, but I can't create an army

I can only create an army after I create a kingdom

So here's the problem, even though I have create 4 parties, but I can't use them to conquer the first castle/town to create a kingdom
I can only rely on my own party with 250+ men, which is not enough.......

It is enough, it much much more then enough. But for your question, it can't be answered because any answer would imply there was any thought put into any design regarding this and there certainly wasn't.

So when I am not in a kingdom, and not serve as mercenary, I create 4 parties through companions, but I can't create an army

So here's the problem, even though I have create 4 parties, but I can't use them to conquer the first castle/town to create a kingdom
My assumption is that Taleworlds is concerned about players becoming too OP too quickly. I can't see any other reason for the clan tier system and all the restrictions that go with it. A company that's claiming to have an open world game should be emphasizing freedom not restrictions.

It's actually pretty simple

Just rush the gate with all your troops and have them start chipping away at it; don't waste time building siege equipment. Takes awhile (few minutes) to break gate, and you lose some men, but once you're in gatehouse you'll be to storm entire Castle/Town with relative ease since A.I. is too dumb to even bother repositioning troops at the gatehouse. You can easily take most Castles with a good 100 man party. Towns you might need a little more, but 250 is plenty. (Just practice in Custom Battle with Siege Maps, though some Castle/Towns will be more difficult than others.)

Honestly "sniping" Castles/Towns this way is rather broken IMO. Might almost be best way to conquer map without suffering through terrible Kingdom mechanics in the late game.

I think if you take a Town as is you must be forced to declare yourself as a Kingdom or give it back. Or A.I. Kingdoms could be programmed to attack you, but they don't so you can take all the fiefs you want this way. Saw someone on reddit with a post on this very matter being too easy.

Basically real point of Kingdoms is being able to form Armies more than anything else. Now my opinion on this would change if the A.I. Kingdoms could attack you as an Independent, but they don't (unless you got criminal rating).

you don't need them... yet
all you need is rebel town to take with ladders only - fastes way into town (no need a lot of archers even) and then create a partys - still can not call for an army*, but they have town and villages to secure, so they will be usefull at last

*the reson behind this is simple - kingdoms can daclare war against other kingdoms, but not independent clans (exept rebel ones) and if you have an army of 500+, you can easilly take any rebel town without declaretion of war to main factions... end game

Castles and cities that have recently changed hands may not have militia, or if the owner isn't great the militia wont join the fight. A party of 250 is more than enough to take one of them. If it is a rebel city, you can also starve them out by emptying their market of food first. Weak militia and starved garrison leaves them essentially defenceless.

You have to be a feudal lord to be able to call vassals and other feudal subjects to an army, either in your own name, or the name of your lord (king or queen).

If you think about it... if you're not a kingdom, you are living as an armed group, in someone else's kingdom, not under their authority. If you called an army while living in someone else's kingdom, you'd be doing so with no legitimate authority to do so, and thus declaring war on that kingdom. We should probably have that choice, but I can see why TW decided to make it part of the game levelling-up process.

Clan parties can now support other parties in your clan, when they attack/raid/siege something, so there is no need for armies.

A simple fix for this would be to allow factionless heroes/players to earn influence. That would also allow them to create armies with their own parties.
You already get influence, even you are not part of a kingdom.

I always stay independent until the year 1090 and at this time, my clan has more than over 100K influence(with a daily 200 influence income), thanks to the "Immortal Charm" Perk, the most broken perk in the game for influence.

You already get influence, even you are not part of a kingdom.

I always stay independent until the year 1090 and at this time, my clan has more than over 100K influence(with a daily 200 influence income), thanks to the "Immortal Charm" Perk, the most broken perk in the game for influence.
even you have influence while indenpence, once you create your own kingom, the influence goes to 0, then you have to start earning again......

I hate it very much because it takes 50 influence to make peace, every day you got like 3-6, so you need to survive a week to make peace with your first enemy.

even you have influence while indenpence, once you create your own kingom, the influence goes to 0, then you have to start earning again......

I hate it very much because it takes 50 influence to make peace, every day you got like 3-6, so you need to survive a week to make peace with your first enemy.
No, this is not the case, I always keep my influence.
And by the way, when I create my kingdoms, I have a income from over 100 - 200 per day.
The Devs really need to rework influence gain, it is way to much, at least if you have the immortal charm perk.

Are you playing with some mods?

No, this is not the case, I always keep my influence.
And by the way, when I create my kingdoms, I have a income from over 100 - 200 per day.
The Devs really need to rework influence gain, it is way to much, at least if you have the immortal charm perk.

Are you playing with some mods?
Even before Immortal charm, you can have a suffocating amount. But with it, it's just silly. I'm milling over a Skill rework mod, and chopping that in half (while giving you .1 per skill point versus a lump sum every 5) is toward the top of the list in the least. I would really like to see equal allure to all skill trees, and the Melee skills all giving essentially double the base bonus with higher skill points is not intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom