When is TWs actually going to add a major feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

As to the question of "adding a major feature", I refer to the current status post from February: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine-iii.439421/

If we look at this post point by point, we notice that a majority of the points refer to "improvements" to features that are already in the game, such as "Improvements to Kingdom Decisions" or "Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles". This tells me that the majority of the work they're doing is not on new features, but refining what's already in the game. The points in there that I can reasonably call "new features" are:

1. Sandbox mode
2. Abdication
3. Adding new quests
4. Sally out mission implementation
5. Lord's Hall Fight
6. Prison Break

If I recall correctly, they've added Sandbox mode, Abdication, Prison Break, and another new quest or two since that post (If I'm wrong on that feel free to correct me). That leaves us with Sally out, Lord's Hall fights, and new quests. With how small of a proportion that list is compared to the rest of the list, which as I said is mostly improvements to current features, I wouldn't expect ground-breaking new features for a long while.

Your arguments are "Caaasuals are ruining my gaaaaaames" and vacillations to justify hating the 'casuals' (whoever they are). They aren't serious enough to engage. I have more chance to squeeze blood from a stone then I am to get actual arguments out of you. You are doing the equivalent of an old person complaining that the state of the world is due to young people being lazy.
So uhm wanting a battle slider and being aware that that might decrease performance is considered hardcore now? Did you miss the post from a dev that he linked?

As to the question of "adding a major feature", I refer to the current status post from February: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine-iii.439421/

If we look at this post point by point, we notice that a majority of the points refer to "improvements" to features that are already in the game, such as "Improvements to Kingdom Decisions" or "Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles". This tells me that the majority of the work they're doing is not on new features, but refining what's already in the game. The points in there that I can reasonably call "new features" are:

1. Sandbox mode
2. Abdication
3. Adding new quests
4. Sally out mission implementation
5. Lord's Hall Fight
6. Prison Break

If I recall correctly, they've added Sandbox mode, Abdication, Prison Break, and another new quest or two since that post (If I'm wrong on that feel free to correct me). That leaves us with Sally out, Lord's Hall fights, and new quests. With how small of a proportion that list is compared to the rest of the list, which as I said is mostly improvements to current features, I wouldn't expect ground-breaking new features for a long while.
Sandbox mode is not a feature in my view, it's just deletion of a few lines of code lol. But I agree with you on the other points.

Ya know what's funny if you go back a few months after launch you can see all the people pushing the idea that 9 months from now you're gunna be sorry after they release all the new features and you look dumb!

Now those same people are relegated to "Well people can make up their own mind whether they want to support the game! Stop complaining!"

*shrug*

When something falls below even your own generously low expectations and you can't even be like "haha hey yeah, guess I was wrong" I think you've thoroughly earned the "shill" title.

But yeah, like I said months ago I'm pretty sure they what we have is pretty damn close to what the final product is going to be. Certainly not many "major features" are going to be added like so many were... um.. speculating.

The use of EA inherently implies users are supposed to complain about things they don't like, especially when you advertise an intent to thoroughly engage with said users over the course of the EA.

This might be something they can actually add. It doesn't seem like a major feature like some of what people are demanding (Not that they demand anything specific, just that the features be 'major'. And feature that does get added doesn't count though, for it is not major).

Sense of accomplishment is in the eye of the beholder, and like, neither you nor steveyboi will ever find it because you are already predisposed to hating the game. Tis already too late for you, move on to other games, the fun will never be there for you.

When can we expect your next thread complaining about women in the game?

You sound like someone Jim sterling mocks in his commentocracy bits. You are a meme sir, and it is tragic that you are also a real person.

"Caaaasuals are ruuuuuuining video gaaaaames"

You sound like someone incapable of critical thinking. I'm just embarrassed for you.

There is one more major feature - executions!

Oh, wait, only player is able to execute someone... And no lord will execute AI lord whatsoever... And there is no point in execution, since all Calradia will instantly become hating you for killing a stupid merc from the Wolfskins (why would anyone even care about the death of some savage??).

Don't forget about death in battle which works ONLY in player's battles.
Funny that lords never use option to surrender or try to escape or gib me money so i let you go even when heavily outnumbered. What are they thinking? Even caravas, serfs and hobos have more common sense sometimes. I still don't know what makes them surrender, sometimes 10 hobos surrender, sometimes 1 hobo fight to death, sometimes 1 caravan guard fight to death, sometimes 3 caravan guards surrender. I think they should rework that system so it makes more sense. Why would 10 hobos or peasants fight against even 20 man war party?

I think after the new battle terrains and keep battles we won't be getting many more new "features" if you can even call them that. At best we'll maybe get feasts and you can bet TW will make it sound like all their 130 employees had to work day and night to create this amazing and complicated feature.

Back
Top Bottom