When is TWs actually going to add a major feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Then again, how an allegedly console port has to do with the shallowness in that game ?
Ignoring the recent downgrade to the Ui with the action wheel and the removal of the troop count slider which both are ruined for console accessibility just take a look at the most SHALLOW ****ING FEATURE in MP which is preset classes, and more specifically the removal of customisation.

Please tell me which target audience these basic boring lifeless preset classes were designed around? It's quite obvious they were introduced for easier accessibility to console players and new players overall. So just bring in preset classes along side custom classes you say, nope because clearly taleworlds thinks this might just be a little too complicated and unfair for their precious new audienceincome stream.

You can see this business model applied through the rest of both SP and MP, all you have to do is look.

You're mostly talking about the UI and I get that, I agree with you.
About the classes system, how can you be so sure this HAS to be because of an allegedly console port ?
Mordhau has class system if I'm not mistaken, Chivalry too, it's a poor design for some of you guys and I get and understand the rant about this.
Pointing this because this HAS to be the console port seems biased.

New players are overwhelmed enough about the lack of UX, game mecanics explained, lisibility itself on the game content, let's not talk about this here as it has been mentioned hundreds of times already on this very forum, Bannerlord is nowhere near UX friendly and fails clearly to explain the real purpose of the game if there is any.
Don't you think that console players would want an actual finished main quest after 1 year of us waiting ? Of course you didn't mention that.

If anything I don't think a console port would make a huge impact on their income stream, we are on a premise of a new gen of consoles, people couldn't care less about what Bannerlod offers as a whole on console, once true next game games will come out, I believe they would be more busy spending their time and money elsewhere.

Wait and see I guess ?

Yesterday I was programming a very simple GUI for a homework and realized that I could create an very simple online game like Travian without any graphics and images in a day or something. Just make everything consist of numbers, even the world map, and we are ready to go. This stash thing reminded me that. Lol
Wait, are we playing Travian all over again? Except both better and worse?

Am I missing something or did DennyWiseau's apparent sarcasm completely go over a bunch of people's heads?

Wow. That's just incredible. That is so profound, it reads like a piece of satire. According to TW, their customers and community are so dumb, that they need to simplify everything as much as humanly possible and hold your hand throughout the entire experience. They really think there is such a thing as "too much customization=unhappy players". This alone tells you the entire problem with TW's development of Bannerlord. Dumb down the game as much as possible to streamline it for a wider audience. This is exactly what caused the Total War games to decline.

Can't have more diplomacy and kingdom management, it's too complex for the players!
Can't have more complex battle controls and AI, it's just too complex for the players!
Can't have more nuanced and detailed character interactions and dynamics, waayy too difficult for the beloved players to understand!

Just let us take care of all the complexities, trust us, our vision is the only vision, no exceptions.

Yeah agree, but what makes it even worse is it seems like it needs an in-depth internal approval to add an option for 800 units... Like why? It would legit take 10 seconds to just add it!

Yeah agree, but what makes it even worse is it seems like it needs an in-depth internal approval to add an option for 800 units... Like why? It would legit take 10 seconds to just add it!
Bureaucracy, it would seem. The whole company is likely barely scraping by on the work organization front. TW is basically just a greedy corporation at this point. They are far from a humble, small, passionate team anymore. Combine that with Bureaucracy, poor vision, thinking your player base is stupid/trying to appeal to console players, and you got a mess called Bannerlord.

Bureaucracy, it would seem. The whole company is likely barely scraping by on the work organization front. TW is basically just a greedy corporation at this point. They are far from a humble, small, passionate team anymore. Combine that with Bureaucracy, poor vision, thinking your player base is stupid/trying to appeal to console players, and you got a mess called Bannerlord.
It's just a lack of direction. Whether thats because the big boys don't have a passion for the project anymore (if they ever did), or as you say, things are so bogged down in layers of bureaucracy, that nothing can get done.

Mordhau has class system if I'm not mistaken, Chivalry too, it's a poor design for some of you guys and I get and understand the rant about this.
Mordhau has customization, but it is pretty simple; armor is light/medium/heavy with the only differences being cosmetic. You can take a combination of weapons/perks but they a limited points-buy system upon creaion. You can't upgrade over the course of a match.

Mordhau has customization, but it is pretty simple; armor is light/medium/heavy with the only differences being cosmetic. You can take a combination of weapons/perks but they a limited points-buy system upon creaion. You can't upgrade over the course of a match.
True, but you can be a naked midget with rocks and a bad attitude which is quite entertaining.

It's just a lack of direction. Whether thats because the big boys don't have a passion for the project anymore (if they ever did), or as you say, things are so bogged down in layers of bureaucracy, that nothing can get done.
That's very likely what's happening for some time now. There's lack of serious game design changes that would address problems reported by players. The TW devs that show up on the forum all give the impression of caring only about their limited area and try to patch up things, when bigger overhauls of game systems are needed.
It's easy to imagine why, senior people that could do this are not interested anymore. Anyone coming out from years of development hell is likely to hate the project and feel unmotivated to work on it, especially when there's a fresh new space game to design. At best, Armagan and similar people are sitting on commitees to shoot down proposed small-time changes by underlings. They are not delegating responsibility for major changes (possibly for good reasons, some of the TW dev ideas are terrible) and they are also not going to make those changes themselves, which is what they really should do.
I could easily imagine that someone armed with tons of player feedback and good game design judgment could do this work in a few weeks.

Then I stand corrected thanks, I hope my point still remains the same for you.
It actually enhances it, because the points-buy system is so incredibly restrictive in workable combinations that it all boils down to meta anyway (past the sub-20 starter levels, anyway). It wasnt a huge selection of gear you could tqilor to your fighting style; it was take an executioner's sword versus get styled-on by someone who did. Or at least that was the state of the game when I stopped playing, over a year ago.

FWIW, I think the TW basically wasted their time (and ours) by devoting resources and a months long MP beta period towards being a worse ****ing Mordhau. They half-assed cosplaying Mordhau and ****ed it up, quarter-assed things towards being Conqueror's Blade/Tiger Knight and ****ed it up too. For all they kept talking about Warband 's MP was a failure because it had ****ty on-boarding rates of SP players, they never once seemed to think, "Gee, our biggest chunk of players can barely block and spend most of their time commanding big-ass armies... Maybe our MP should be less about the former and more about the latter?"

They are not delegating responsibility for major changes (possibly for good reasons, some of the TW dev ideas are terrible) and they are also not going to make those changes themselves, which is what they really should do.
I could easily imagine that someone armed with tons of player feedback and good game design judgment could do this work in a few weeks.

So much this. I won't be surprised that they don't even play the game.

Rebellion is poorly thought out. The player can capture a town without forming a kingdom. This then gives complete immunity from encroachment. Taken to the extreme, a player could slowly capture the whole of Calradia without ever having to defend.

A more complete version would include more consequences. For e.g on capturing a town, the player could be confronted by representatives from the neighbouring kingdoms along the lines of "Hey that's a nice town you have there. A pity if someone were to ransack it".Or "Thanks for liberating MY town. I'd like to have it back."

And refusal will naturally lead to war. That'd force the player to either sell the town, give it up, join them or go to war.
This might be something they can actually add. It doesn't seem like a major feature like some of what people are demanding (Not that they demand anything specific, just that the features be 'major'. And feature that does get added doesn't count though, for it is not major).
Right! None of the mechanics are layered. Its just one shallow mechanic after another. There is no payoff for anything the player does, no sense of accomplishment. Its a remarkable achievement in complete and total failure.
Sense of accomplishment is in the eye of the beholder, and like, neither you nor steveyboi will ever find it because you are already predisposed to hating the game. Tis already too late for you, move on to other games, the fun will never be there for you.

I will post whatever I want, not interested in your feedback thanks.

When can we expect your next thread complaining about women in the game?
@guiskj You are wrong about the motivation for taking control from the player, this is not some kind of weird tech/UX experiment. The Taleworlds intent is to make the game simpler and more accessible for wider audience and sometimes they achieve this by simplifying features and removing complex player actions, because casuals may be confused by complex things.
It's definitely a wrong way to go about making the game accessible. You can keep the depth and complexity, but still make the game casual-friendly if the complex features are not necessary to play the game, but add to the experience. Taleworlds are stupid and don't care about their core fans.
Edit: Just look at this TW dev thinking about the battle size slider and it will become clear why they do stupid things.

You sound like someone Jim sterling mocks in his commentocracy bits. You are a meme sir, and it is tragic that you are also a real person.

"Caaaasuals are ruuuuuuining video gaaaaames"

You sound like someone Jim sterling mocks in his commentocracy bits. You are a meme sir, and it is tragic that you are also a real person.

"Caaaasuals are ruuuuuuining video gaaaaames"
If you had actual arguments, you would have argued something instead of trying to impress with edginess and silly personal attacks.

If you had actual arguments, you would have argued something instead of trying to impress with edginess and silly personal attacks.

Your arguments are "Caaasuals are ruining my gaaaaaames" and vacillations to justify hating the 'casuals' (whoever they are). They aren't serious enough to engage. I have more chance to squeeze blood from a stone then I am to get actual arguments out of you. You are doing the equivalent of an old person complaining that the state of the world is due to young people being lazy.

Your arguments are "Caaasuals are ruining my gaaaaaames" and vacillations to justify hating the 'casuals' (whoever they are). They aren't serious enough to engage. I have more chance to squeeze blood from a stone then I am to get actual arguments out of you. You are doing the equivalent of an old person complaining that the state of the world is due to young people being lazy.
My main argument is about game design philosophy, but you can't see past your trigger word because then you'll have to think instead of being offensive to strangers.

If that's what you got out of it you need to work on reading comprehension.

When can we expect your next thread complaining about women in the gam e?
I have never "made a thread" about this topic for the record. I chime in when people start trying to make a mockery of history with 21 first century diversity and inclusion, I do not care in the least what is in Bannerlord, it's not remotely historical.

I have never "made a thread" about this topic for the record. I chime in when people start trying to make a mockery of history with 21 first century diversity and inclusion, I do not care in the least what is in Bannerlord, it's not remotely historical.
The sneaky implication that you're alt-right coming from the guy should be your cue that he's not a serious person and that you should not engage with him.

Back
Top Bottom