When is TW going to fix blatant cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

I literally quoted the definition of cheating in the topic and say by that standard it is cheating. You somehow refer that to my anger for checking if this situation complies with this.
I just check if it is cheating by the definition and it is. So factually it is cheating, that you don't see it that way idgaf. Not that it even matters.

Never said it gives an edge in a duel, I think it does give an edge in team fighting but the biggest advantage is in archery.

Nor said I fhat it would be the difference between a **** player and a good player.

Like do you work for the assumption department? Sure looks like it.

I'm such a try hard that I play in TeamSpeak with my mates while blasting music and joking around.

I know fairly well what height changes do to the game but thank you for enlighting me with your very valuable knowledge sir, I will take it into account. Do I pay you by blowing or rimming?
Quiet literally talking to a clown.

? ? ? ?

Can't wait for you to respond just for me to ignore it and you smashing your keyboard
???

Doesnt matter if its a bug or cheat just tw should fix it, in my eyes he knows he is in the wrong when we ask him about it he ignores us, tw should just simply reset his height or fix it simple stop with this refest xd

Uhh how is this cheating? As previous guy said, data is stored server side. Players don't have any obligation to change their configurations and developers should take that into account

It's really just a simple update query for the devs.

The short characters don't involve messing with files, as Younes pointed out. People with very small or large characters either have them from beta or created the character in singleplayer and copy/pasted the facecode into multiplayer. I'm assuming it still works, but I can't verify because I haven't played in a couple months. Singleplayer height sliders are not as restricted as multiplayer ones so all you had to do was copy the facecode and paste it into multiplayer.

Height lends advantages and disadvantages. If you are the size of an ant then you have the reach of an ant. If you are the size of a giant, your head sticks out over your shield...

In my personal experience from the tournaments I have played in so far, it does not lend such a significant advantage by being so small that I would consider it a "cheat".

Height lends advantages and disadvantages. If you are the size of an ant then you have the reach of an ant. If you are the size of a giant, your head sticks out over your shield...

In my personal experience from the tournaments I have played in so far, it does not lend such a significant advantage by being so small that I would consider it a "cheat".
A bad aimbot isnt cheating aswell?
Well I cannot really predict the range/hitbox of the child models especially because I almost never see them.

A bad aimbot isnt cheating aswell?
Well I cannot really predict the range/hitbox of the child models especially because I almost never see them.
An aimbot is a third party program acting upon the game. Changing height and having a different height is a game mechanic. This would be akin to claiming that people who use the "vertical aim correction" are cheating (I do not use it because it destroys the feel of archery although this is certainly disadvantageous to me).

Now, you may argue that this individual's specific height is creating a problem but frankly I see no evidence for this... In all of the clips presented here all I see is a player who seemingly is constantly out of position and dies quickly in a manner just as swift as would befall anyone facing multiple opponents without a shield.

Also, it is worth to note that the miffed individual who created this thread to begin with admits themselves that they have the "smallest character possible by the current height sliders". Is he cheating? He is almost certainly trying to glean an advantage by making his character as small as possible. Is it really a "game-breaking" bug/mechanic for the accused individual to be about "a head" smaller than the currently smallest creatable character?

No. As data from the concluded tournaments suggests, there is not a real correlation between character height and inf/archer performance -- and in fact in the "block delay" patch (1.4) for which most of NABB was played, having a smaller character made it more difficult to successfully perform kicks on people as your character would have shorter legs (and kicking was incredibly abusable in that patch so this had a measurable impact). I believe all of the top performing players made characters that were somewhat in the middle of the height sliders, as having an excessively tall or excessively small character is a detriment.

There was an individual in the NA duel tournament who had the smallest allowable beta test height, and this did not make said individual an unhittable killing machine. In fact it did not seem to have much of an effect at all on his performance as he advanced one round (against a quite skilled duelist from Warband) and then lost in the subsequent round (although with a relatively close score) against an individual that while skilled, did not end up in the top 5 finishes for the tournament. Nobody claimed or even offhandedly suggested this individual was cheating at any point.

Having the tallest allowable character is the biggest detriment you can force upon yourself because you are trading slightly extra reach for the inability to defend yourself from archers effectively with a shield. Your head pokes out on certain shields and it becomes remarkably easy to shoot the feet.

If there is an impact from different character heights, it is marginal at best, and not worthy of an witch hunty overreaction on an individual just trying to enjoy the game.

Sad!

I just tested character height today, you can definitely go above or below the max/min height from the sliders by just changing the key.

This is for TW to fix. Also this is something they definitely missed because if you change other parameters from the key it will say it is an invalid character.

This would be akin to claiming that people who use the "vertical aim correction" are cheating
Well this comparison is weak because everyone can access this option.
If you want to refer to the height topic it would be people using aim correction due to old settings while everyone else cannot use it anymore.

AGAIN doesnt matter if its a cheat or not just for TW to fix it, as it does effect fights as they become very hard to hit meaning they can deal alot more damage cos they are so small

Well this comparison is weak because everyone can access this option.
If you want to refer to the height topic it would be people using aim correction due to old settings while everyone else cannot use it anymore.
You are right, vertical aim correction has a much more significant impact on the game compared to height, which has little impact, if any at all on the game.

Stop writing in in-game chat about this, every single game with TCV member I have in past 2 months always include some kind of trashtalk, even though I have muted you. Why in fact I am ignoring you, is simply because you insulted me and my dog several times, so I dont want to have any kind of conversation with such persons. What about my character size, why should I change something only because some agressive group of people I dont even know dont approve my character size selection? That wasn't a bug abuse, I noticed that im a bit smaller than other characters only after you pointed that out, and I dont think I have any advantages only because im like 3% shorter. Like it or not, just dont write in chat anything adressed to me, you've already shown yourselves.Waiting for TW to fix that bug.

Stop writing in in-game chat about this, every single game with TCV member I have in past 2 months always include some kind of trashtalk, even though I have muted you. Why in fact I am ignoring you, is simply because you insulted me and my dog several times, so I dont want to have any kind of conversation with such persons. What about my character size, why should I change something only because some agressive group of people I dont even know dont approve my character size selection? That wasn't a bug abuse, I noticed that im a bit smaller than other characters only after you pointed that out, and I dont think I have any advantages only because im like 3% shorter. Like it or not, just dont write in chat anything adressed to me, you've already shown yourselves.Waiting for TW to fix that bug.
This discrimination against people under 5ft11 is getting quiet annoying.

Why would people in their sick mind insult a dog.

PEOPLE UNDER 5FT11 RISE UP

one i have never insulted u in game, ik some of my clan mates have cos u ignore them and alot get fustrated that you know and abuse it, so let me get this straight u know the height is bugged yet instead of responding to me, like i said yesterday i asked if u was gonna fix your height in game and i got no response, u decide to keep your height so u can abuse the mechanic, it does effect alot as u are close the the size of a child, it leads to people missing hits on your character. u could have solved this a long time ago by changing your height but u do not.

So you guys are okey with a dude using an advantage no one else has access to? That may not be "cheating" in an editing files and using external programs but it is cheating when we're talking of using unfair advantages over the other players.

And, by dictionary definiton
Cheating
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
"she always cheats at cards"

Found this definition for cheating in games (source: wikipedia obv)
"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier. Cheats may be activated from within the game itself (a cheat code implemented by the original game developers), or created by third-party software (a game trainer or debugger) or hardware (a cheat cartridge). They can also be realized by exploiting software bugs; this may or may not be considered cheating based on whether the bug is considered common knowledge. "

So, you can argue that this bug abuse is not considered cheating because the bug is common knowledge, because it's been posted here. Report the bug, let the devs do the work and hug your friends and foes :smile:

Back
Top Bottom