When is TW going to fix blatant cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cant you create the small characters in singleplayer and then use them in mp? This stuff is around for half a year already shouldve been fixed ages ago or started banning people doing it. Since you cant really aim with your weapon vertically.
I am not sure on this one, what I know is that you could make the character in the beta smaller than the minimum height right now and the game didn't automatically adjust it, i.e. if you dont touch that small character by editing it, the size stays the same.

Some people don't give a damn about that, they configure their character once and decided back then, "I go small" and now just don't bother to fix it.
So I'd be careful with throwing the cheater accusation about this and knowing that ppl in all chat go quickly into combat mode when it comes down to stuff like that I can see why some people just not even bother to read. Heck, I've been called Autoblocker for winning against a swo/bo inf while having no shield.

OP might not be like this, not saying they are, but others might be and therefore people shut down.

This is something the devs need to fix and it's not warranting a ban.

I am not sure on this one, what I know is that you could make the character in the beta smaller than the minimum height right now and the game didn't automatically adjust it, i.e. if you dont touch that small character by editing it, the size stays the same.

Some people don't give a damn about that, they configure their character once and decided back then, "I go small" and now just don't bother to fix it.
So I'd be careful with throwing the cheater accusation about this and knowing that ppl in all chat go quickly into combat mode when it comes down to stuff like that I can see why some people just not even bother to read. Heck, I've been called Autoblocker for winning against a swo/bo inf while having no shield.

OP might not be like this, not saying they are, but others might be and therefore people shut down.

this is like thinking in the supermarket the stuff is free, and you shouldnt be punished cuz u thought it was free. The players need to fix it themselfs

In the end its just a different number in a xml, but you can change a lot. If the devs didnt pay attention to detail. For example in mordhau they changed the hitboxes of the playerbubble, allowing them to get closer to the enemy and thus do quicker attacks.

50% of the active people here have been accused of autoblock aimbot or speed hacks. Just like most games, nothing special about that.

Forsee knows he is smaller than what is currently possible and if you don't believe that you are just ignorant. He doesn't change it because he abuses it and prefers the advantage over playing fair.

There shouldn't be a ban just a damn fix for it, I want to know what TW opinion is on this and if they plan to fix it relatively soon.

I don't really see it as cheating, more as a glitch or exploit. He's not getting dishonest if he's not changing his character since Beta.
I do agree that it could be fixed though.
He's being dishonest if he's asked to change it and does not change it

Using a bug to your advantage that other players do not have access to is gaining an unfair advantage over other players.

Let's take a look at the definition of cheating:
"act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage"

How does this case not fit the definition of cheating to you? @TheBard @Frostic
The thing is, it's a bug and so the game alows for it, I'm not saying the abuser should be proud of this, but to label it as cheating is a whole different level. Therefore I just wanted to state my belief which is that this should just be a bug report and will probably be fixed soon TM.

this is like thinking in the supermarket the stuff is free, and you shouldnt be punished cuz u thought it was free. The players need to fix it themselfs

In the end its just a different number in a xml, but you can change a lot. If the devs didnt pay attention to detail. For example in mordhau they changed the hitboxes of the playerbubble, allowing them to get closer to the enemy and thus do quicker attacks.
It's not just a simple XML edit. Like i have stated before, the player data is stored server side. Including the key for the characters. It's up to the devs to fix this BUG.

What most likely happened:

The devs put the measure in order not to become smaller, but some players just haven't changed their character model since the beta. And they didn't take this into consideration. Done. That's it

It's not just a simple XML edit. Like i have stated before, the player data is stored server side. Including the key for the characters. It's up to the devs to fix this BUG.

What most likely happened:

The devs put the measure in order not to become smaller, but some players just haven't changed their character model since the beta. And they didn't take this into consideration. Done. That's it
If someone is wondering why he defends the small character users: He is one of them.

So you just "didn't take it into consideration" after you wrote on the forums over 4 months ago:
Hey that's me, from what i've seen i'm the only person to still have this model though. I have never met anyone else with the old character model anymore.
I would stop playing with the character if i had a choice to make another character profile just to keep this for history sake we could say. But here we are ?‍♂️

If someone is wondering why he defends the small character users: He is one of them.

So you just "didn't take it into consideration" after you wrote on the forums over 4 months ago:
Check my previous post honey
The only reason he has this is because the fix was to change your height slider in order to reset the height. I didn't do the same either.

Nothing to take into consideration here babe. You pretend like im somehow hiding the fact i have a small character, when i clearly don't.
? ? ? ?

It perfectly matches the definition of cheating so good luck telling yourself the story that you play fair lol.

That it is something which needs to be fixed by the devs doesn't mean it isn't cheating.

It perfectly matches the definition of cheating so good luck telling yourself the story that you play fair lol.

That it is something which needs to be fixed by the devs doesn't mean it isn't cheating.

Yes because it's not like you can't change the height of your character in the character editor. I guess anyone using the smallest possible height in the editor is cheating since it gives them an unfair advantage?

Get real

Last edited:
Yes because it's not like you can't change the height of your character in the character editor. I guess anyone using the smallest possible height in the editor is cheating since it gives them an unfair advantage?

Get real
Yes they are if they use a smaller character than currently possible with the current slider.

I'm not saying every cheat is as bad as the other cheat, I'm just saying it is cheating as you gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Yes they are if they use a smaller character than currently possible with the current slider.

I'm not saying every cheat is as bad as the other cheat, I'm just saying it is cheating as you gain an unfair advantage over other players.
there should be a zero tolerance for cheats doesnt matter what they do

there should be a zero tolerance for cheats doesnt matter what they do

Cheating != devs not fixing a simple bug

I'm keeping my character for the simple fact TW will fix a bug when it becomes a problem. Because this is what it is.

Not like i will be playing this bugged/bad multiplayer anyway. AVRC also said they were looking into it.

In the meantime you can cry all you want about it ?

Also, surprised how this only became an issue after you got completely wrecked by one of those people. Looks like OP wasn't originally reporting this because of how unfair it was, but because he got salty

The bug is in Taleworlds server. It is up to them to fix it, the player should not be forced to do anything. No one modified any file, or otherwise did anything malicious.

You should be asking Taleworlds to fix it so no one can stay small, ever, instead of witch-hunting every single player who has not bothered to touch the slider.

I suppose it is a very simple fix for them, It all comes down to iterating over all the players in the database and if their height is smaller than allowed, then set it to allowed min.
I wonder whether height-limits are fixed at their server-side, or is it something that mods could change.
I can already imagine 'David and Goliath' kind of mods in the future, as long as they fix multiplayer.

The bug is in Taleworlds server. It is up to them to fix it, the player should not be forced to do anything. No one modified any file, or otherwise did anything malicious.

You should be asking Taleworlds to fix it so no one can stay small, ever, instead of witch-hunting every single player who has not bothered to touch the slider.
What do you think this post is? It is a request to TW to fix it and not a damn ban appeal.

I only said that Forsee is playing unfair by abusing a bug which is in my eyes cheating. He is playing unfair by using his old beta character and a abusing a bug, that's all.

Cheating != devs not fixing a simple bug

I'm keeping my character for the simple fact TW will fix a bug when it becomes a problem. Because this is what it is.

Not like i will be playing this bugged/bad multiplayer anyway. AVRC also said they were looking into it.

In the meantime you can cry all you want about it ?

Also, surprised how this only became an issue after you got completely wrecked by one of those people. Looks like OP wasn't originally reporting this because of how unfair it was, but because he got salty
Yes in every of those duels I get completely rekt by him.
I'm amazed by the new technologies that allow blind people to read forums.

I indeed was annoyed that after reporting it quite a few times it was still not fixed and TW let people play with an unfair advantage. I'm so mad I don't even ask for a ban or warning, so outrageous to ask for a fix.

Have fun abusing a bug in the game and playing unfair, probably scared that you will be ****e without it.

Yes in every of those duels I get completely rekt by him.
I'm amazed by the new technologies that allow blind people to read forums.

I indeed was annoyed that after reporting it quite a few times it was still not fixed and TW let people play with an unfair advantage. I'm so mad I don't even ask for a ban or warning, so outrageous to ask for a fix.

Have fun abusing a bug in the game and playing unfair, probably scared that you will be ****e without it.
You're angry in the sense you believe this is cheating. When it isn't cheating.

Also there is nothing fun about this bug. If you think this somehow gives you the edge in a duel like you just mentioned, then you're completely blind. Because i completely suck in the game and still get destroyed

Keep being mad tryhard

If you want a different insight into this, since you so clearly need it:

Height changes are done by scaling down the overall character, meaning the smaller you are the less reach you have. You can outreach such characters, but i guess you didn't put that into the equation.

You're angry in the sense you believe this is cheating. When it isn't cheating.

Also there is nothing fun about this bug. If you think this somehow gives you the edge in a duel like you just mentioned, then you're completely blind. Because i completely suck in the game and still get destroyed

Keep being mad tryhard

If you want a different insight into this, since you so clearly need it:

Height changes are done by scaling down the overall character, meaning the smaller you are the less reach you have. You can outreach such characters, but i guess you didn't put that into the equation.
I literally quoted the definition of cheating in the topic and say by that standard it is cheating. You somehow refer that to my anger for checking if this situation complies with this.
I just check if it is cheating by the definition and it is. So factually it is cheating, that you don't see it that way idgaf. Not that it even matters.

Never said it gives an edge in a duel, I think it does give an edge in team fighting but the biggest advantage is in archery.

Nor said I fhat it would be the difference between a **** player and a good player.

Like do you work for the assumption department? Sure looks like it.

I'm such a try hard that I play in TeamSpeak with my mates while blasting music and joking around.

I know fairly well what height changes do to the game but thank you for enlighting me with your very valuable knowledge sir, I will take it into account. Do I pay you by blowing or rimming?

Back
Top Bottom