Resolved When finding a wife for my Brother, I receive Males as his bride?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
I'm married no problem, even have a kid. Went to offer my brother's hand in marriage to a clan, but the "bride" they pick is their eldest non-married MALE. I checked to see if maybe they had zero non-married females available, but they do have a daughter that is not married and therefore I believe is eligible to be married. The kicker is, I have offered his hand in marriage to a previous clan when I was too poor to be able to afford the dowry and they offered me a female. So not sure if this a particular glitch for certain clans or an overall glitch.

Specifically, the clan was Banu Qild of Aserai. The leader is Tais. The male their offering is Usair as a "bride." Manan is Tais' daughter and is not married. The clan also has Azina, daughter of Karith, that is not married as well.

If you need more info just let me know. As I continue searching for a fitting wife and clan for my brother to in-law too, I can give some more updates if needed. Just wanted to put this potential glitch on your guys radar.

No mods, version is 1.5.7.2, I play through steam.

Summary:
I'm married no problem, even have a kid. Went to offer my brother's hand in marriage to a clan, but the "bride" they pick is their eldest non-married MALE. I checked to see if maybe they had zero non-married females available, but they do have a daughter that is not married and therefore I believe is eligible to be married. The kicker is, I have offered his hand in marriage to a previous clan when I was too poor to be able to afford the dowry and they offered me a female. So not sure if this a particular glitch for certain clans or an overall glitch.

I ran into something like this. Check this: When the offer is made, is the target on YOUR side the one you offered?

In this picture, I offered my brother Jatu for marriage to Gyphor's family. (I as a king was trying to start a new branch in my kingdom, and with the male of the couple being mine, I assumed they would be in MY kingdom.) The game instead set up a deal for my daughter Wesnel. I at first wondered why Jatu was being offered a male, because what caught my eye was Southerys, who I knew to be male. But a closer inspection showed that Jatu wasn't even part of the conversation anymore. Well, after Gyphor said that we could agree on marrying one of his kin to Jatu, he completely changed the deal.

Check to see if that is what is happening to you.

BTW- Ignoring the offering and setting up a deal you didn't intend is still a bug, in my estimation!

tzr6C6D.jpg

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom