When Does Ship Combat Become Available?

Users who are viewing this thread

It may be premature to ask, but when will ship vs. ship combat and amphibious assaults become part of the Bannerlord experience? Having just shy of 6,000 hours logged in Warband, possibly the most memorable battles of all time for me were those naval assault battles in Viking Conquest Reforged. Ship to ship combat in Floris mod was fun--but not as fun or immersive as that in VConquest; but I did like how rampant naval piracy tended to squelch seaborne trade, and liked to use shipborne movement in the early game for trade & recruiting (though without a VCR lair for stashing said recruits, it was of little use).

Adding naval mechanics would completely revitalize the cachet of playing Sturgia, which is currently pretty meh. It could also make use of all those currently uninhabited islands in the Southern Sea north of Aserai; Barbary Pirate faction, anyone?

I'm thinking the Devs already have something like this planned--probably for an expansion DLC that players just cannot resist purchasing. 75% of current coastal cities already have waterfronts, apparently anticipating the carnage to come.

Am I out to lunch on this, or does a Bannerlord naval mechanic sound like a blast?

The way the map is made doesnt leave much room for ships. The map is simply dissapointing. There should be way more water and ships should be in the aim of TW. I do agree that it was part of the experience and it was fun.

The way the map is made doesnt leave much room for ships. The map is simply dissapointing. There should be way more water and ships should be in the aim of TW. I do agree that it was part of the experience and it was fun.
I think with a few alterations that there could be more room for ships. Not every settlement would be able to be reach by ship but as long as say 70% or so could I'd be fine with that.

Viking Conquest had (has!) pretty effective animations, controls, maps, etc. for shipborne and amphibious combat. The proprietary code for which is presumably 100% owned by TW. Which might mean it would port easily to Bannerlord.

On the other hand, if Devs have to code from scratch it might come late. Or never. Or until it's modded.

Viking Conquest had (has!) pretty effective animations, controls, maps, etc. for shipborne and amphibious combat. The proprietary code for which is presumably 100% owned by TW. Which might mean it would port easily to Bannerlord.

On the other hand, if Devs have to code from scratch it might come late. Or never. Or until it's modded.

Bannerlord is running on different engine, so yes. They would have to code it from scratch. Just wait for DLC, but its gonna take a rly long time. Or mods...

The only other MB game I played was Viking Conquest and I loved the navy combat although it was very buggy.

VC spoiled me. Forming a kingdom was much easier since I could build a hideout, fill it with troops and then use those troops to capture my first settlement.

Hopefully they'll add naval combat and hideouts since both add so much to the game.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't VK made by Brytenwalda on the warband engine and just published by TW as a DLC?

Viking Conquest was officially sanctioned by Taleworld thereby they should hold themselves to at least that same standard. Conquest opened the game up with basically a new mechanic (ship to ship combat) which was pretty exciting for its time. Bannerlord - which should be the flagship for next Gen Warband starts off with a lame 'buy some bread/talk village elder/ go raid a hideout' - something we've already done 10,000 times before. this reeks of accessibility -that being -they care far more for the Console newcomer than the fanbase that got them to where they are. Very lame.

It's all about the Benjamins, eh?

But what TW has come up with so far with Bannerlord is way frisking impressive, imo. I've got ~6k hours in Warband--all mods (mainly Floris & PoP & Brytenwalda/VC)--and it's just awesome. Because 1.5.3 was totally crash-happy on me, I fired up new VCR & PoP campaigns to re-wallow in the familiar...and to savor the contrast.

1.5.4 crashed today--after two whole day without ctd. The sun is shining.

But what TW has come up with so far with Bannerlord is way frisking impressive, imo. I've got ~6k hours in Warband--all mods (mainly Floris & PoP & Brytenwalda/VC)--and it's just awesome. Because 1.5.3 was totally crash-happy on me, I fired up new VCR & PoP campaigns to re-wallow in the familiar...and to savor the contrast.

1.5.4 crashed today--after two whole day without ctd. The sun is shining.
What have they come up with ? The epic feature where what your wearing shows on the campaign map? Or the broken child system or maybe the money cheating smithing feature? Indeed they promised cool things, like the gang mechanics, but I have not seen this actually implemented.

Fact is they skipped 50% of warbands features and tried to add new ones which dont even work

True and true. I particularly like how fortification levels I-III play out in combat, dramatically affecting outcomes.

But it's still in ER. And my experience is limited to 1.5.3--and now a few days of 1.5.4 So I wasn't traumatized like folks who started in the Spring were.

But my prediction is that this game--if they get polished; which isn't 100% certain--is going to be a breakout hit. They've slowly been implementing features since release, and the vastly improved stability from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 is very encouraging.

With 5.955.5 hours logged in Warband, I really appreciate the stability new engine provides (so far) with 700+ man battles. Once they get sieges properly implemented, that's gonna be another huge improvement. In two years--after the modding community has gone to town--this game'll be a real gem. You'll be able to tell your grandkids that you played Bannerlord when it still ER.

But my prediction is that this game--if they get polished; which isn't 100% certain--is going to be a breakout hit. They've slowly been implementing features since release, and the vastly improved stability from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 is very encouraging.

With 5.955.5 hours logged in Warband, I really appreciate the stability new engine provides (so far) with 700+ man battles. Once they get sieges properly implemented, that's gonna be another huge improvement. In two years--after the modding community has gone to town--this game'll be a real gem. You'll be able to tell your grandkids that you played Bannerlord when it still ER.

Such pure and beautifull words. Hope it will be true :grin:

Back
Top Bottom