When are Steam achievements deactivated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Just a simple question, I've been playing Warband for some time, but some things are not fully clear to me as they are not written anywhere.

When are achievements deactivated?

I understand that they are deactivated if you enable cheats, but do they disable Achievements for all your save games if you enable cheats and use it on 1 of your save games? How about mods? I have never received an achievement while playing a mod, but how does that work if you make adjustments in the module.ini of native? And Character import and export edits? How do they affect if you have achievements enabled or not?

I have 2 saves, 1 with a god character with cheats enabled and everything that is unholy so I can mess around with. and 1 legit character, but I have not been getting any achievement on the legit character, I disabled cheats whenever I switch over to this character.

But lets say I have accidentally forgot to disable cheats and I switch over to the legit character, I do not use cheats because I do not know they are active, will this disable the achievements for this character entirely? Did I goofed and do I need to make a new character again?

Please give me your feedback.

I had that issue long ago* and unfortunatelly that was the only way to remove "Cheatmenu" flag- delete old save and make a new one. It's possible (not very likely tho) that this  changed . If it didn't, you probably can export character and import it to new save to keep at least something  from that game.

*Since then I don't change banners, even if I missclik the most ugly one  :lol:

Also...uh...there are achievements in Warband? :shock:
You mean not-steam related?

edit:
It's cool, I was just suprised that I might miss something like this for few years.

As long as the mod you are playing has the achievement code, you have cheats disabled and you're playing through steam you should be unlocking achievements. It doesn't matter if you used cheats before.

Back
Top Bottom