SP - World Map When are NPC parties going to take refuge inside Castles?

Users who are viewing this thread

So back in warband, castles were important. They basically allowed parties to escape from enemy forces which were larger, staging raid and conquest operations from there.

Castles in Bannerlord aren't important. NPCs won't take refuge inside them and will continue running from a larger force until they are caught or they flee. They will go right by a castle or settlement entrance in the meantime. Lords enter towns to replenish their resources, but not to escape an enemy. As a result, Lords don't fight defensive sieges unless they were caught inside a town while replenishing.

From my obvious ignorance as to BL's AI programming, I initially thought this would be natural fix that would come up soon after release. At this point however I wonder if the devs forgot about it, as I also wonder why no one else seems to be bothered by it.

Anyway, there goes. Treat this as a friendly reminder.

Love the game BTW. And thanks for the effort in making it.

+1, it would be good if fleeing parties hide in towns and castles, and sit there some time replenishing the garrisons in same time.
@mexxico, please answer if there are any plans to add this, if possible.

+1, it would be good if fleeing parties hide in towns and castles, and sit there some time replenishing the garrisons in same time.
@mexxico, please answer if there are any plans to add this, if possible.

Today added, here is :
zKMdB.png

It will be at game in 1.5.11 not 1.5.10 (because new added, if it breaks something it can be removed (for a time) but currently working without problem, it will go to tests)

Today added, here is :
zKMdB.png

It will be at game in 1.5.11 not 1.5.10 (because new added, if it breaks something it can be removed (for a time) but currently working without problem, it will go to tests)
Thank you very much for this change and informing us about it. Now the game will make more sense and parties won't get killed easily thus snowballing may be even lower.

Today added, here is :
zKMdB.png

Well that’s a responsiveness that’s hard to find generally in life. Cool to see this come back. I see this is a town example, does it work for castles as well?

Today added, here is :
zKMdB.png

This is great! thank you for reply and your hard work,
I always felt that this is missing.

So back in warband, castles were important. They basically allowed parties to escape from enemy forces which were larger, staging raid and conquest operations from there.

Castles in Bannerlord aren't important. NPCs won't take refuge inside them and will continue running from a larger force until they are caught or they flee. They will go right by a castle or settlement entrance in the meantime. Lords enter towns to replenish their resources, but not to escape an enemy. As a result, Lords don't fight defensive sieges unless they were caught inside a town while replenishing.

From my obvious ignorance as to BL's AI programming, I initially thought this would be natural fix that would come up soon after release. At this point however I wonder if the devs forgot about it, as I also wonder why no one else seems to be bothered by it.

Anyway, there goes. Treat this as a friendly reminder.

Love the game BTW. And thanks for the effort in making it.
well you finaly said it congrats.

I wil give you a HINT why this LOGICAL and obvious thing that shouldve been from beggining isnt there.Well there are certain YOUTUBERS who after spending 1000+ hours in Warband and playing many mods wanted some kid of features wich prevented or limited lords retreating to settlments/castles cbs THEY wanted just quicly to kill them off and quicly to take the castle cbs if many lords retreated to the castle due to having one entrance in Warband it would take 30+ mins or more and Youtubers dont have time for that bcs they want due to agoritm to get every Warband/Bannerlord video as fast as possible and get to so to say gud stuff.

Same thing was done with reqruitment many youtubers b*tched about how its way to slow and hence why they cant produce more videos of Warband on daily basis so some youtubers FOR EXAMPLE Reformist in one of his playthrous of Last Days said how he would like for Bannerlord to have requritment where you would right from the start have higher lvl/high tier soldiers wich you cna reqruit from any village simply cbs he wanted to put daily warband videos and do it as quicly as pssible he even himself sorta addmited that the ONLY reason and main reason why he wants villages to have high tier troops instead of having just low and build them up is due to time needing for making a video and not caring if it woudl break the immerison or break the balance or make the game way wya to easy early on and so on.

This is juts one obvious reason why BUT there is also propably Devs forgeting OR due toi many more way bigger and important issues they just decided to postpone it or shelve it/low priority for the time until they fix some more daring issues.

Back
Top Bottom