What's your war strategy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

What's your war strategy
mine is so boring, but effective, or is it the ONLY way to play this game???
1. create army and gather at least 1000+ men, declare war
2. capture at least 2-3 town or castles
3. make peace
4. find fiefless lord and convince them to join you
5. repeat step 1-4 several times until you compete destroy a kingdom

Solo clan no kill bully: Build KG party, stay at t4 until rich though, beat up khuzaits (no longer needed) save 200K or so, then either
Old version: Take chakaind, pay for peace, attack again soon beat up more, take fiefs, once I have the perks keen sight and mounted patrols I don't have to make peace ever I just hold them all in prisoners and take everything.
Neo version: Because I'm not khuzait I just stay at war with them and take a town on the other side of the map like vlandia for base and makepeace with vlandia until I can hold prisoners, then take battanian towns and casltes, all of it after taking in all thier lords, khuzait won't attack this far and if they do I can't just hold them too. Eventually have lots of land and make a kingdom and recruit the feifless clans I dragged around as prisoner for years. The get bore because then the game sucks.

Nice normal game: Build KG party, become merc, become vassal for vlandia (because I'm battanian) make dum slow army for leadership, beat up battania and get battanian fiefs, when leadership gets to 150 summon lords via army to my town, then disband them from army, and turn and slaughter them and drag them all to the ransom broker or hold them! Take all thier land make them homeless, then like above at some point become kingdom and recruit most of the clans.... then barely play because the game kind sucks after this, then start over when an update comes out.

Rebel town flipper nice guy happygame: Same as above except no free war, only being a merc until a town rebels then dropping merc and taking rebel town. The just stabilize towns, make good workshops and caravan to have good finances as I only have 1 party it's pretty good. Take more rebel towns as they pop up. Go on this way in a mellow fun game where I do all the village issues. I like this kind of game. Don't make kingdom, don't start any wars. Someday if I wanted, once I have mounted patrols and keen sight I could just take down any faction I wanted out right and hold them all prisoner, but TBH the most I took was Khuzaits and 1/2 of aserai before feeling it was too boring to try to take whole map like that.

Kill em all: Build KG party and kill everyone 1 faction at a time, khuzait aserai, vlandia..... basically in order of who is most annoying to fight to who is baby that is harmless. Get rid of the big dogs first so they can never get bigger. Eventually take 1 town and create kingdom, execute remaining rulers and inherit entire map. This is fun. It's even better now because of keen sight and mounted patrols I can just keep the ruler in my prisoners until I'm ready to execute them.

SO in short: Khan' Guards, Keen sight + mounted patrols, normal game boring, execute everyone fun, rebels only peaceful fun too.
Until there's something to do with vassals they can GTFO

I ride solo for the first 50 or so days.

1. Ride to Askar
2. buy and sell some horses... riding solo will attract looters for upskilling at archery and riding so that when you get to step 3 you can wear the gear you get.
3. Marry Kinteg (I usually play as female characters, and Kinteg comes with a noble bow and a glaive) - leave him in a city you like to gain supporters
4. Recruit 20 Sharpshooters and start a couple of trade caravans to pay for them
5. Rescue brothers and sister - make sure you trigger the quest near a city you like so your companions/family all earn support while you work.
6. Trade my way up to level 200 or so - doing the Askar/Vlandia loop/2 million in cash... which ever
7. Capture any rebel imperial cities you find
8a. If I only manage to gather a couple of cities, join an imperial faction or
8b. If I gather 4 or 5 cities, become a kingdom, recruit fief-less nobles. Take castles for your nobles. Make sure to share the love to keep your nobles happy. You only need to keep a couple of cities for yourself.
9. Once your faction hits 15-20K soldiers... you're hegemonic, then you're playing until you get bored so...
10. Start again.

Side notes - things I like to do in between...
- collect fancy horses - a good scout is handy for this - but the right marriages also help.
- collect fancy armour - I prefer Imperial lamellar, so I try to have all my parties kitted out.
- collect tools, cows, donkeys, grain, looters, and all the things you need for village quests. Keep them in your stashes.
- I'm working on my get married - rescue family speed runs. It's all about riding solo - the constant looters make the first 50 days seem to go on forever.

Last edited:
I ride solo for the first 50 or so days.

1. Ride to Askar
2. buy and sell some horses... riding solo will attract looters for upskilling at archery and riding so that when you get to step 3 you can wear the gear you get.
3. Marry Kinteg (I usually play as female characters, and Kinteg comes with a noble bow and a glaive) - leave him in a city you like to gain supporters
4. Recruit 20 Sharpshooters and start a couple of trade caravans to pay for them
5. Rescue brothers and sister - make sure you trigger the quest near a city you like so your companions/family all earn support while you work.
6. Trade my way up to level 200 or so - doing the Askar/Vlandia loop/2 million in cash... which ever
7. Capture any rebel imperial cities you find
8a. If I only manage to gather a couple of cities, join an imperial faction or
8b. If I gather 4 or 5 cities, become a kingdom, recruit fief-less nobles. Take castles for your nobles. Make sure to share the love to keep your nobles happy. You only need to keep a couple of cities for yourself.
9. Once your faction hits 15-20K soldiers... you're hegemonic, then you're playing until you get bored so...
10. Start again.

Side notes - things I like to do in between...
- collect fancy horses - a good scout is handy for this - but the right marriages also help.
- collect fancy armour - I prefer Imperial lamellar, so I try to have all my parties kitted out.
- collect tools, cows, donkeys, grain, looters, and all the things you need for village quests. Keep them in your stashes.
- I'm working on my get married - rescue family speed runs. It's all about riding solo - the constant looters make the first 50 days seem to go on forever.
I feel so bored, now I am playing with CA Eagle Raising mod with Roman style
but I still can't play siege battle, it really sucks

so once become ruler, my job become so boring, declare war - attack fief- make peace - recruit fiefless lords, repeat again and again

there's no other fun good way to play any more??

Bannerlord is so realistic and addictive, I can easily be dragged into the world and lose time..(yes, I'm a dim-brain old fart)

wont you feel tired? the level up is so slow, you can play the games 1000+ days, but your companion and lords only level up 2-3 levels max, soooooo slow.
the seige battle doesn't works, so the later stage in the game is very slow, since its' all auto-battle slove

Now I start as Vlandian culture, immediately merc up and attach the armies to snipe loot and easy XP + killing looters. I do trading loops throughout Vlandia, Battania, Empire and Aserai flipping horses and trade goods - try to get to ~0.5-1M denars and get trading and steward up to above 150.

Get wool workshops in Empire cities and complete their issues so I have high relationship to get more heavy cav, same in Vlandia for enhanced lance-cav spam. All the while stashing Tools, Cows, and capturing / recruiting bandits for related Issues. Killing all bandit hideouts in my Trade loop so I can setup Caravans. I also try to marry any Daughter of a ruling clan for the +70 relationship with them.

If I am good to go with +30 relationship with multiple Notables, have my money up, and a party of HAs and heavy cav I'll usually join a Kingdom. If there is a rebel settlement close to where I am at I will attempt to take it first. Once I get my first settlement I'll just sit around (since I cannot merc up anymore) and max out the buildings, dump trade goods, work on smithing, kill bandits, resolve Issues and war-dec on a few Minors so I can farm them for XP, troops, prisoners and loot.

Once my prosperity is high, provide I didn't lose a ton of money to workshops or caravans, I'll start grinding tourneys and bigger minor faction fights to farm renown to Tier 4. Hopefully I'll get another rebel settlement, I usually try to take Northern Empire territories as they rebel a lot due to Khuzait and Sturgians taking them - or grabbing W. Empire due to Battania taking them. Provided both are maxed out and close and I have a ton of free cash, I will convert all Caravans to combat parties and set them to defensive and declare myself a Kingdom.

It's easy to cheese the AI - usually at least one will declare on me - and if I'm unlucky it'll be 3 at a time. Best time to declare is when other factions are at war - so their doom stacks wipe each other out on their way to you. I'll take defensive sieges, kill people attempting to raid my villages, and convincing clans to join me. My previous method was to get Trade to max levels but now it's so hard I cannot trade fiefs anymore. As long as you snipe two large armies you have about a week to form your own and take their property. Partner that with raiding deep (away from places you want) you can peace out decently quick with tribute to pay for mercs.

Just keep doing it like that and solving Issues + killing bandits and Minors during peace and smithing up to build relationship + extra cash to pay for your parties and you'll be good.

I am *really* looking forward to Peerage so I can create my own Lords with companions - hopefully they'll get families to so I can double up on my manpower. Really I find I struggle to setup unless I can snipe a Rebel town, since without a stash and a dedicated safe zone to build out from it's really hard to get resources together if wars don't go right for me.

Back
Top Bottom