What's your go-to loadout for your player?

Users who are viewing this thread

I tend to go for the same load out every time.

(Noble) Bow
Arrows
2h (Executioner axe)
Polearm (long glaive or other swingable polearm)

Bow and arrows is pretty obvious, it gives a reliable ranged option while fighting from horseback, though I mostly only use it in the early game.
2h Axe for cleaving through lines of recruits at close range, and for the occasional fight on foot where the polearm would be too cumbersome.
Swingy Polearm for taking down other riders in one shot, and for taking down single foot soldiers at a relatively safe distance.

The main weakness with this setup is a lack of a shield. If I had a 5th slot (or if bows came with a free slot for the first quiver of arrows), I'd replace the 2h axe with a 1h and shield, which is probably why we don't get that extra slot, it'd be too easy to just do everything with one loadout.

Yeah I'm kinda the same except I often go all out ranged with
Bow
Arrow
Arrow
Polarm(swingable)

For hard sieges I might go with shield and sword in there, though.

Light armor, 2 handed weapon, and either a shield for large battles or battles where archers are likely present (dang forest bandits) or thrown weapons for smaller battles. on foot and charging in like a madman. It's really fun and great for chopping down low tier troops like grass

I haven't fully settled on it, keep trying different configurations. I really like the 2H swingy polearms, but like you, I like having a shield+1H available.

Field battles: At the moment, I'm going with 1H long sword, Shield, Bow, Arrow, although I also very much like Swing Polearm, Bow, Arrow, Arrow.

With Smithing, I was able to craft a very long 1H falchion with 93dmg and 127reach. It looks and functions pretty much like the old 2H War Cleaver in Warband (when mounted)...except it's classified 1H, so can also use a shield with it. While it's not quite the reach/damage of a Rhomphalia-type polearm, it's still pretty darn good (and as long a reach as any 2H I've seen in a shop); I'm hoping it works as an acceptable compromise to cover the various situations which can come up in field battles. (just made it this morning, so haven't used it much yet).

Siege: 1H Axe, Shield, Bow, Arrow.

For sieges where I know in advance I'll be fighting on foot in close quarters, I made myself a 1H axe with as much damage as possible but pretty short reach. Inspiration was the Dragonspine axe in PoP, which I really liked in that context. Lol haven't had a chance to use that yet either. (once I figured out that the best way to siege is to use trebuchets to break the walls, bringing extra arrows became superfluous...the attack won't last long enough to use them all).

Anyway, that's what I'm trying right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a different answer, lol.

I also tend toward

on Horse

Bow
Arrows
Arrows
Pole-arm or 2-hander

I keep trying other load outs, but it always seems like I'm deliberately handicapping myself.

Holy quacamole I think I'm going to spec into some smithing on my next run
Dont. Just use 2h weapon in one hand. For example 2 handed cleaver

I made only one thing that has no analogs in the shop

Craftet 2 handed polearm:
Lengh 128
Damage 109 blunt

Last edited:
long glaive
shield
bow
arrow

sometimes I'll swap shield for more arrows. Here's a vid of me using that combo to good effect and getting 81 kills

Some shield + 3 x Jereed, prefer to fight on foot. Throwing is fun ☠

(Noble) Bow
Arrows
2h (Executioner axe)

Swingy Polearm for taking down other riders in one shot, and for taking down single foot soldiers at a relatively safe distance.
You don't try this against me :iamamoron:

Last edited:
I like to RP my character abit, but generally bow, arrows, 1h and shield.
Lately i made a sturgian character which i rolled 1h, shield, 2h axe, and javelins. That worked pretty well using the shield for closing and duels and the 2h for carving up peasants.

Different characters of mine have different loadouts based on their culture and the sort of character I want to play. I have a preference toward archery, but not all my characters necessarily use a bow. I also don't like changing my loadout for sieges so I try to make sure each character has a tool for every situation on their person.

My Battanian huntsman uses a bow, two arrow quivers, and a two-handed weapon. He tends to fight on foot more than ride and uses his horse mostly when riding around commanding. He uses his bow until he's out of arrows. Then wades into combat with his big two-hander which in my last game was a falx. Though I often use axes too.

My Sturgian horseman uses a warrazor or other type of glaive weapon, a two-handed axe, and a bow and arrow set. He fights almost exclusively from horseback and mainly has his two-handed axe for sieges where his glaive weapon is almost useless. He mostly uses his bow for skirmishing while the real killing power is his polearm that he uses to hunt and kill enemy heavy cavalry.

Eventually I plan to bring my Nord character from Warband to Bannerlord too. He'll use a spear and shield combo primarily. Then maybe have a two-handed axe for taking castle walls and flanking enemies and a set of javelins for hitting fleeing opponents. He'll be an almost entirely grounded warrior like my Battanian and only really use his horse for transport.

I might make a Vlandian lancer down the line too. I've not planned that far ahead.

bow
2x quiver
heavy executioners axe
horse lol

Once I got used to the length of 2h axes I just stopped using polearms, and focusing on 2h to have a chance at levelingit up lol. Stopped using shield too when I realized I can dodge arrows during sieges. I just use this for everything basically.

Mace, shield, 2 throwables (mostly javelins) in foot. The battanian Starter is very good for this with Low weight snd reasonable Protection. At the Moment i Use a Spikes highland mace. Others maces are to slow

I tend to go for the same load out every time.

(Noble) Bow
Arrows
2h (Executioner axe)

Bow and arrows is pretty obvious, it gives a reliable ranged option while fighting from horseback, though I mostly only use it in the early game.
2h Axe for cleaving through lines of recruits at close range, and for the occasional fight on foot where the polearm would be too cumbersome.

The main weakness with this setup is a lack of a shield. If I had a 5th slot (or if bows came with a free slot for the first quiver of arrows), I'd replace the 2h axe with a 1h and shield, which is probably why we don't get that extra slot, it'd be too easy to just do everything with one loadout.

This is my exact same loadout, down to the specific weapons and with the same usage! I found the heavy executioner's axe early on and found it useful, and then later discovered how good swingable polearms are. One handed weapons are just so much trickier on horseback. I also keep a big strong shield, a cataphract's mace, and a few good one handed swords in my inventory for when I want to use a shield.

Dont. Just use 2h weapon in one hand. For example 2 handed cleaver

I totally did, kind of spawned off of another idea I wanted to try where i played a game with no army just running around slaying looters with a 2 handed weapon. I think it was worth it, at least for that play style. It's at least interesting since I had never crafted before.

That said, I did have to fix one of the config files that placed all of the components for crafting into "multiplayer only" similar to how weapons were in multiplayer only. without that I wasn't able to unlock the good components.

Back
Top Bottom