What's your favourite weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm, surprised at the responses here. I value swing speed and cut damage way above reach. Seems like reach is king to many others....heh to each their own
Because there's no real downside to reach in this oversimplified game. A bardiche/glaive with a long shaft and heavy weight entirely at the end is difficult to swing on horseback and even more difficult to recover from and prepare for next swing. It's not even all that easy on foot.

There are reasons cavalry in the middle ages didn't go around swinging heavy 2-hand axes, glaives or other long, very heavy weapons. But since this is the world of Mount and Blade there are no downsides. Swing away!

I love charging full speed at enemies and launching javelins from horseback
Gets my **** hard.
A fellow man of culture. You are right, there is nothing more satisfying than yeeting a javelin so hard it sends a guy flying 20+ meters.
Also the impale perk is amazing since it completely negates shields.

Hmmm, surprised at the responses here. I value swing speed and cut damage way above reach. Seems like reach is king to many others....heh to each their own
there's no point in swing speed for cavalry combat unless you are in a mass of men just swinging away you make contact like once every 5-15 seconds if you are lucky.
and with the amount of speed bonus i'm basically one shot killing everyone with any 2h swing. so damage is even less important

but reach is the determining factor between who hits who first aka who actually dies. so it's the KING stat.

Back
Top Bottom