What's your favourite weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread

On horseback in open battle I have the Menavlion, 2 H axe + Bow. In sieges I go with 1 H ridged sword and shield + bow.

I tried the Rhomphalia and Warrazor but I find they are just too long and unwieldy especially when in you've got limited space.

The best sword I've made so far and the best polearm:

fg4tVu3.png

4TQ4Iv4.png

Arguable whether the polearm is better than Rhomphalia but the fact that it's couchable might put it over the edge.

Nice, you basically made the first halberd for the game. I've been working on a pike and halberd formation mod (foiled of course, by the awful AI polearm use and formation mechanics), and that's inspiring!
What method are you using in doing pike formation? I would like to help if i can understand your process.

What method are you using in doing pike formation? I would like to help if i can understand your process.

I was basically trying to use the square formation as a basis for an early Swiss style pike formation. I was using volgues as a stand in for halberdiers and I modded the Vlandian pike to have a longer shaft, making it about 18 feet long. The problem is that in shield wall, circle, or square, they are too close to each other and keep interrupting each others attacks. Very much unlike real life, they work best in game when you put them in a loose formation!

I was basically trying to use the square formation as a basis for an early Swiss style pike formation. I was using volgues as a stand in for halberdiers and I modded the Vlandian pike to have a longer shaft, making it about 18 feet long. The problem is that in shield wall, circle, or square, they are too close to each other and keep interrupting each others attacks. Very much unlike real life, they work best in game when you put them in a loose formation!
In "managed core parameters" mess with the "BipedalRadius".

Noble bows for sniping all the things.

Don't really have a preference for melee weapons but the Rhomphaia is pretty neat. Problem with weapons with long length though is they're almost useless during sieges as they constantly hit nearby terrain and get caught on your own troops.
Not so useless if you manage to sneak behind the shield wall in front of the gate and slice them up from a safe distance (avoiding fresh spawns to surround you)

Crafted Glaive with max length tip and shortest handle. When it's crafted with stat buff it's better than the Romphalia, but due to a bug the stat buffs get reset after a while and it becomes kind of slow, but still effective at mass murder

The Rhompaia is freaking *amazing* as a cavalry weapon. I've seriously considered giving up lances for it.

Its got great reach, and it does enough damage to kill most cavalry units in the game with one solid hit. I've killed something like 25 horse archers in a single battle using it. All you have to do is come up along-side, set up a good side-swing, and then bring it home. The target's done.

The only real problem with the thing is that friendly cav have a bad tendency to get in the way and block your swings.

Last edited:
Mine is the Battanian Rhomphaia. You can really slice and dice people from horseback with that thing. In the e1.1.0 patch they raised the price to 81K though.

I guess you can't have people getting too much joy out of early access...
How Is multi opponent hit? If Is good as Axe then no reason to use axes because better reach of two handed swords?

The Rhompaia is freaking *amazing* as a cavalry weapon. I've seriously considered giving up lances for it.

Its got great reach, and it does enough damage to kill most cavalry units in the game with one solid hit. I've killed something like 25 horse archers in a single battle using it. All you have to do is come up along-side, then set up a good side-swing, and bring it home. The target's done.

The only real problem with the thing is that friendly cav have a bad tendency to get in the way and block your swings.
I deliberately avoud the Rhompaia because I think it's OP. The only weapon of that class I'll use now is the ones you can use with a shield as straight thrusting weaons.

I actually love slicing polearms with my main trade/smith save, i use them on horseback and switch to bow sometimes. In my secondary raider/rogue save I am trying one handed blunt damage with shield by foot, but I still have to find a good mace.

Back
Top Bottom