What's your favorite race/faction so far?

What's your favorite race/faction so far?

• Feron - We are strong, savage, and proud.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Blighted Plague - There is no good or evil - only power.

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Illorian - Our lands have stood beneath the heavens for centuries... and we intend to keep it that w

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Asaleth - Before us awaits a world of opportunity, and, beneath the iron shoes of our mighty charger

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Gladeborn/Planelords - Whatever the breeze will bring us, victorious we will stand.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • None - I will not share my power!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Darkstar707

Sergeant at Arms
So..?

Are you a cold-blooded necromancer? Or a war-like Feron chieftain? Maybe you are a follower of the true path.

You decide!

Hehe, want help changing the descriptions of the races :smile:?

Currently, I honestly don't know. I'm sure when the Illoriaon get their makeover, I'll be all over them.

In a manly, completely holy way.

Tough call.  I'm focused on the Illoriaon right now, so they are becoming a bit more appealing.  I know their current in-game status is kind of, well... blah.  There new activated abilities, new equipment, and quests are going to make them really shine though.  In 3.0 they will most likely be my favorite... until I work on the next faction's quests anyway.

I loved the Feron for a long time, but I've played them for so long in testing and post test that I'm worn on them.  They are still a lot of fun though.  Almost nothing beats seeing someone catch a fast flying axe to the head.  Throwing weapons are one of my favorite, and most underused weapons, in any rpg or action game.  I was glad to be able to make them a signature of the Feron.

So, in answer to the question, I enjoy playing all of them.  Do I think any of them are perfect?  No, certainly not.  I am working on changes and new things to do with them whenever I have time.  I think they all provide a lot of fun though.

Alright, changed.

Interesting, seems like the Blighted Plague are a big hit :smile:.

Elenmmare said:
Alright, changed.

Interesting, seems like the Blighted Plague are a big hit :smile:.

Makes sense so far.  Feron have the most changes/things to do, so they rank high. 

The Plague got a big overhaul in 2.2 giving them a slightly more necromantic feel, plus people love undead factions, so their popularity seems to fit.  I guess my changes in the patch helped them a bit, I've gotten pretty good feedback on it.  More changes are to come in V3 for them.

The Planelords/Gladeborn are ferocious ranged fighters, so I expected them to be popular amongst a lot of people. 

Illoriaon doesn't have a ton of new stuff yet.  That will be changing and I believe their popularity will increase. 

Asaleth I am actually kind of surprised at, as they are a rather fun faction with their heavy lance knights.  I bet the new lances Cookie made will improve their popularity.

Being an infantry guy, I enjoyed the Feron quite a bit.  Then I tried the BP and I must say that I truely enjoy the necro mechanic, cant wait till the quest chain and faction gear is ready!  Yeah the revived corpses are pansy, but having a swarm of them can still do some nice damage to the enemy.  If only there was a way to send them out first and let them take the arrorws and calvary charge, then send in the rest.

Infantry with the new trees is amazing!     

BTW Elenmmare we all know your gay so stop trying to hide it in your posts..

sheesh  :roll:

:grin:

"Manly way" eh>?

*cough*whatkindofmanlyways*cough*

Oh and I just love the necromancers..

BP is the crap man.

Get all those revived corpses with shields in a line and you can own asaleth calavary.. and if any die... just resurrect em!

Who says they aren't dead WOMEN?

Wait.. that still is kinda creepy.. but hey... if they are hot enough.........

:mrgreen:

I think Illorian is going to be great next version, but at the moment I like the Blighted Plague. Oh if ONLY they had a questline with necromantic artifacts and perhaps hunting for Serathar to claim any remenants of power for the Plague?

Sayle said:
I think Illorian is going to be great next version, but at the moment I like the Blighted Plague. Oh if ONLY they had a questline with necromantic artifacts and perhaps hunting for Serathar to claim any remenants of power for the Plague?

I feel ya. I do.

I can't flippin wait for when illorian and blighted plague get quests.

After that happens I will be unheard of for like months.

I played through the Feron questline. Great fun, let me tell ya. Great fun. But still, I gotta say I still like the Blighted Plague better. If only all the units didn't look pretty much the same...There are essentially three models with different equipment, which is a shame. Though I love the necromancy angle on rising troops again. It does give you the feeling of an unstoppable force of meatshields.

Illorian all the way :smile: I have weakness in every game for holy/good armies, and when paladins charge at the feron/BP my heart warms :smile: I'm pretty psyched about their major revamp in the upcoming version of CoT, it will be awesome to see them in these cool new armors that Khandrak and Cookie are doing.

The moment I began playing with the Ferons I realized that they were based on a totally different style of play then mine..

However the moment I joined the blighted plague or the illorians it was like ownage time, I mean... it was so different... I could take on like odds of 3 to 1 versus the 1 to 2 odds that I was getting with the Feron..

Darkstar707 said:
The moment I began playing with the Ferons I realized that they were based on a totally different style of play then mine..

However the moment I joined the blighted plague or the illorians it was like ownage time, I mean... it was so different... I could take on like odds of 3 to 1 versus the 1 to 2 odds that I was getting with the Feron..

meh, i learned, best way to control a feron is to let it loose, since they are practically one of the fastest runners in Talera, they practically can make a nice green wave with the higher tier troops in front.

I still stand by Illoriaon. But woah, look at the Blighted Plague soar.

Yah. I mainly bumped it so people would start voting on it again lol. I wanted to see if BP held its ground.

Soon I will make a new char and drive the asaleths to victory, I may have a new fav by the time I'm done crushing the ferons under my horses iron shoes.

Back
Top Bottom