What's your favorite item post release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Amerlain

Regular
I've been curious lately what items in the game other people really enjoy having in the post release era. Do you really like a certain sword or armor? Is there a luxury item you really like buying up and trading? I suppose this technically could cover a type of mount as well, or even something else not listed so far. For me, even though my character in my current game has a fair amount of things my favorite item is my Thick Knights Kite Shield. It has just enough extra meat on it to deal with those situations where extra hp in a shield is particularly useful, like when clearing bandit hideouts (though maybe there are better ways for me to do this than I have been doing that wouldn't require such a nice shield). So, what's your favorite item?

Funnily enough mine is also a shield lol. The small flat heater shield you get at character creation for "stood guard with the garrisons". I play in first person and it's just got a reasonable level of visibility without sacrificing too much coverage. Its not great durability but perhaps I'll find a lordly one at some point - but I rarely need that much durability anyway.

I also enjoy the sledgehammer. For armor I like more rugged aesthetic so I go for Battanian or Sturgian normally, but this game I'm going with Vlandian so I'm using some Banded Leather Over Mail. I also have a soft spot for Kettle Helmets. Unfortunately I play first person without reticle and that makes trying to use crossbows horrible, though, so I can't quite fully commit to the Vlandian theme.

I'm a fan of Black Heart. It seems like it was buffed recently, making it better than most off-the-shelf axes.

I like the menavlion a lot. Feels good even one handed. My favorite armor is the one that matches the Sturgian plated gloves and boots or the Aserai scale armor. I like throwing javs from horseback as well, probably the most fun I have in combat in this game.

Black heart is okay if you are not a Sturgian Vassal, otherwise they give you an incredible axe. I like the Rhomphaia better than the menavlion you can get it from marrying Corien and they get a bear fur and tier 5 axe in civillian attire lol.

There is a better version of the starter heater shield, I think it is called Wide Heater Shield, it is the shield you get in the Vlandia practice fights if you use a shortspear or the ones swordsmen get later. There is also a crazy one for 100-150k denars too

I like to get the camels for all the companions and jareeds and go looter hunting you can blacksmith some ultra heavy duty javelins and they just ragdoll them looters lol

It seems you nearly all use weapons that I just haven't gotten around to trying yet, lol. My character is usually armed with a one-handed sword (Themaskene Steel Spathion) to go along with the shield I mentioned earlier, and for extra fun I have a two-handed sword (Justicier) slung on the back...the two-hander gets used during large field battles when I want to go after enemy lords and cut them down off their horses.

The sledgehammer intrigues me as a choice. A repurposed tool and readily available early. Seems like it would be satisfying to use...nothing like a big hammer to deal out punishment to troublemakers. Again, never used one (but inspired to try it out), but I do sometimes use a mace (currently, Imperial LIght Mace) of some type when I'm going to be chasing Looters that are running away so that I have a higher chance of taking them alive as prisoners if I can hit them.

Haven't been using any spears or polearms, except in tournaments. Like the idea of maybe using something like the menavlion from horseback as a lance when charging, if that would work well. Did during beta some time back, had fun with watching riders I would hit in it go flying way up in the air after riding headlong into them with a long spear (but maybe they changed it so it is less spectacular-looking now).

Javelins, too, I have only used in tournaments. Some future character may use them more.

While I haven't really gotten into axes recently, I do have a Black Heart in my stash that I won in a tournament awhile back...maybe my character's successor (if I get that far) will use that. As I am not playing as a Sturgian and most likely will not be changing sides, I doubt I will get anything better this game unless I happen to find something nicer for sale in some corner that hasn't been checked yet.

Gear...my current character is with an Imperial faction, so most of the things they wear and use otherwise are Imperial. Have some Legionnaire armor that I bought. Many other items are looted or won and used because they are solid armor, so there are some pieces that don't match the overall look. For civilian clothes they wear a toga and carry a nice spatha. And I have a mount that I'm pretty happy with, a Wadar Hotblood...prized for it's speed, gets me around battlefields pretty quickly when I need to be quick about things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom