whats with napoleonic wars2 (bcof)

Users who are viewing this thread

dolphin1999

Recruit
i asked it on their forums and the thread got deleted!
6  years ago fse who made nw made plans for bcof which was to be their second game
they got something like 20k in donations, and there hasnt been an update or anything for years

any threads asking what is going on is deleted

was it a scam or what?

remember they announced it in 2012 thats 6 years ago!

Not a scam, development is just going really slowly, sort of like Bannerlord. But Bannerlord is probably progressing quicker than BCoF.

Check out Holdfast: Nations at War if you want to play a successor to NW. It's made by some of the same developers who were on the FSE team before.

http://holdfastgame.com

Last blog on their site is from January going over patch 1.2 for Napoleonic Wars. The game they are working on is Battle Cry of Freedom which is set during the American Civil War, not a sequel to Napoleonic Wars. Per their About Us page the team only consists of four people so I can't imagine they will be making a lot of progress on this game, it seems pretty ambitious for only four people.

One thing that does not sit well with me is the donations page though, they even have a special incentive bonus for people who give 1 million Euros or more...I get that is more of a joke but the the fact they are hungry for donations seems like this is a game going to be developed in spare time unless a lot of money is donated. I could be entirely wrong and hope I am because the game interests me.

They are working on it. But probably on a very slow pace. Don't wait on this game and try to put your hopes on other games you have seen that you like. Time will pass and maybe in a while we'll hear about something new.

The last dev blog concerning BCOF was three years ago.

I personally don't think they work on it anymore. Looks like an abandoned project, or at least they took a (long) break from it.

Ra'Jiska said:
The last dev blog concerning BCOF was three years ago.

I personally don't think they work on it anymore. Looks like an abandoned project, or at least they took a (long) break from it.

A few months ago I had a talk with Olafson, and he said he was working on the grass props and he had a bit of trouble with it. I guess they are just taking their time. I don't want to defend anyone. Just laying my two cents here.

Back
Top Bottom