What's up with mass renown?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Amagic

Baron
Okay, you get 20 renown for winning a tournament, hard stuff and fairily good renown reward.

But, i went and defeated a party of 14 sea riders ALONE and i got 23 renown wtf!?

okay next i wen't and tried to bring down a Rhodok lord alone. 50 renown. If comparing to sea riders then the party ow 51 should give more renown than 50. Is 50 the max renown from a battle?

Anyway post your toughts about renown here!

I somehow double posted this thread i have no idea how or why. Sorry about that, i'm hoping that a moderator will delete the other one

You can lock threads you create. I suggest you do so to one of the duplicates. (I'm not sure about deleting, though look to see if you can.)

Somebody in the other thread said you can't get more than 50 renown per battle. That's only partly true, you can get up to 50 renown per engagement, but a battle can take multiple engagements. There's an exploit in this, by lowering the troop limit you increase the number of engagements in any given battle and therefore the total amount of renown you get. Soloing huge parties in this way is relatively safe and gets you huge amounts of renown.

I've never had an issue with it. I like it better the way it is right now then in previous version. It used to be really hard to get decent renown.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Somebody in the other thread said you can't get more than 50 renown per battle. That's only partly true, you can get up to 50 renown per engagement, but a battle can take multiple engagements. There's an exploit in this, by lowering the troop limit you increase the number of engagements in any given battle and therefore the total amount of renown you get. Soloing huge parties in this way is relatively safe and gets you huge amounts of renown.
Isn't renown based off the number of troops fighting? So if there's less, you'll get less.

I'm pretty sure it's based on how many reinforcements come and how big are the odds are stacked at you in the beginning, not actually how many people come on all at once. It's more like how many engagements before the "intermission" screen comes on after you've killed enough waves.

Actually it's more than that. How much renown you get is also affected by the quality of troops you're fighting against. Soloing a Loter party will give you much less renown than soloing a Sea raider group of the same size.

Sorry to go a little OT here but, what exactly does renown do besides make people like you and increase your troop capacity? Or is that all it does?

Chaoskilla said:
Sorry to go a little OT here but, what exactly does renown do besides make people like you and increase your troop capacity? Or is that all it does?
I don't think a high amount of renown make lords like you, you do however need at least 150 to become a vassal in a faction. Some say it will make it more likely that you are given a castle after you've taken it but I don't think it has been confirmed.

Dankor said:
I don't think a high amount of renown make lords like you, you do however need at least 150 to become a vassal in a faction. Some say it will make it more likely that you are given a castle after you've taken it but I don't think it has been confirmed.

Very easily testable. Get a memory hack like Cheat Engine, give yourself fifty thousand renown, and get the whole map for yourself. Worked fine for me. :razz:

Dankor said:
Chaoskilla said:

It does affect the chance of getting new castles. If your renown is lower than than that of other lords it will be very difficult to get a new feif. Its works like a ˝fief limiter˝ in that it limits the amount of feif you can own (if you are a rebel the system is different since you decide who owns what).
Also lords with higher renown are less likely to follow you since you're ˝less important˝ than they are.

Here.

Orion said:
The entire renown acquisition system:

if (Enemy killed by player)
Enemy casualties + 1
X = (Enemy Level - Player level) * [0.1 * (Battle Advantage * -1)]
if (X > 0)
Renown rewarded = Renown rewarded + X

else if (Enemy killed by player troops)
Enemy casualties + 1
X = (Enemy level - Player level) * [.075 * (Battle advantage * -1)]
if (X > 0)

if (Player troop killed)
Player casualties + 1
Renown penalty = Renown penalty + (Soldier level - Leadership skill)

if (Player victory)
Renown rewarded = (Renown rewarded - Renown penalty) / 10
else if (player defeat)
Renown rewarded = (Renown rewarded - Renown penalty) / 20

if (Battle advantage < 0 && Faction involved = true)
Renown rewarded = Renown rewarded + Battle Advantage * -1

if (Player troop number > 1 && non-NPC troops = true && Faction involved = true)
if ((Player casualties * 1.25) <= Enemy casualties)
Renown rewarded = Renown rewarded + 5
if ((Player casualties * 1.5) <= Enemy casualties)
Renown rewarded = Renown rewarded + 10
if ((Player casualties * 2) <= Enemy casualties)
Renown rewarded = Renown rewarded + 20

Player renown = Player renown + Renown rewarded

My previous suggestion regarding renown acquisition.

Wait, what? So the amount of renown you get depends on whether you kill the enemies yourself or your guys do it? :shock: That's news to me, I always assumed I just get the renown the game announces at the start of each engagement. :???:

Ringwraith #5 said:
Wait, what? So the amount of renown you get depends on whether you kill the enemies yourself or your guys do it? :shock: That's news to me, I always assumed I just get the renown the game announces at the start of each engagement. :???:
I thought it depended on how many people you have in your party vs. the enemy. It always appeared that I got rennown taken away for having 5 people vs. 16 sea raiders. :???:

Orion said:
The entire renown acquisition system:

if (Enemy killed by player)
Enemy casualties + 1
X = (Enemy Level - Player level) * [0.1 * (Battle Advantage * -1)]
if (X > 0)

else if (Enemy killed by player troops)
Enemy casualties + 1
X = (Enemy level - Player level) * [.075 * (Battle advantage * -1)]
if (X > 0)

*snip*

Forgive my lack of knowledge in programming, but would this mean that if a player character kills an enemy with a lower level than his, he won't get any renown? Is my math head failing me?

Back
Top Bottom