What's the point of beating the sh*te of gangs in towns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Well, the question is in the topic name... What's the point of beating them? I've tried to erase one of the gangs from my town, so I kept beating them over and over. They always return in time, beating them down doesn't change their influence (the gang leader remained "Influential" even afer I've beaten him down for about 10 times, maybe even more). It raises your relation a bit with the town's owner, but what's the point of that if I am the town's owner?

Right now i feel also there is like no point messing with them. It does not offer anything, either positive or negative.
Maybe in the future will be a reason to beat them or ally with them.....hopefully.

The fact that gang leaders are "notables" is rather vexing. Why should a town's criminals control access to a town's recruits?

The whole criminal subplot is poorly developed at best. I see no point to interacting with the criminal leaders. As the OP pointed out, you gain nothing from fighting with them and it's not possible to wipe them out.

What I would like to see is the ability to defeat them and run them out of the town. They could then be replaced by a non-criminal notable. I would finally have a reason to fight them.

Well, the question is in the topic name... What's the point of beating them? I've tried to erase one of the gangs from my town, so I kept beating them over and over. They always return in time, beating them down doesn't change their influence (the gang leader remained "Influential" even afer I've beaten him down for about 10 times, maybe even more). It raises your relation a bit with the town's owner, but what's the point of that if I am the town's owner?

It also raises relations with the rival gang. At last it should. If there is one.

Beating them increase relation with all other notables in town. Two gang leader is ok but three is more ideal. Beat them in turn could farm relation with them.
You can increase relation with normal notables in your town passively (through a perk I think?), but this and running their errands are the only ways to improve relation with gang leaders.
I normally do it when I'm smithing in one town. Smith when strength is full and fight gang when health is full.
But yeah, this system is not fully implemented and has limited importance.

I guess we will be able to replace them with our companions that have high roguery skill once we take out one of gang leaders and gain some passive income out of it but apparently it is not implemented yet.

Back
Top Bottom