What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Either a complete AI overhaul or sieges that fight through the town all the way to the keep (As promised in dev blogs)
They are working on that and you can see it changing slowly on each patch. To what extent though we just have to see, But i have no doubt it will go in to the castle like last one if they can make it in time ^^

They aren't able to take a castle with a single party. I don't consider that to be very difficult either, but some people do.
seems so, but its all about finding a castle that is there for the plucking. Defending it however can be something but its doable for sure. Easiest was to buy it because then you didnt have to worry about enemies in the beginning seeking revenge but thats changed now though unfortunately ^^

Removal of smithing and family-RPG stuff? Ok, never will happen. So, what else?

Perhaps, in no special order:
- working political system with reasonable wars and peacetime tasks
- better economy (a fief should be more important than a looted armor)
- better sieges
- more variety of armors/clothing beyond tunic-pants-boots style (I want skirts for example)
- battlefields with enemies in your face later than 10 seconds from start

But in the end it's: interesting mods.

(disclaimer, for clarity: I have interest in the game also in it's current state, just not as much as possibly possible)

They aren't able to take a castle with a single party. I don't consider that to be very difficult either, but some people do.

Other than spamming horse archers (retreat rinse and repeat on the sally out) or another exploit combined with luck that there's a recently defeated castle there's little way to do this. If the AI decides to send 2 armies your way, you are not even getting a chance to even attempt a siege. The game is not set up for the player to do this. Your expertise lol, give me a break. What are you gonna do when you get the castle anyway if you are not a level four clan? Hope for the best lol.... Or just gift some javelins......

I bet you and the doctor are both masters lol.....

Last edited:
Other than spamming horse archers (retreat rinse and repeat on the sally out) or another exploit combined with luck that there's a recently defeated castle there's little way to do this. If the AI decides to send 2 armies your way, you are not even getting a chance to even attempt a siege. The game is not set up for the player to do this. Your expertise lol, give me a break. What are you gonna do when you get the castle anyway if you are not a level four clan? Hope for the best lol.... Or just gift some javelins......

Pfff i took an castle as an Aserai bandit once. Ali Baba and his 40 men. Well we where 110 then + the 40 :wink: but we where 40 doing naughty stuff all the time while the others defended our little bandit hidy hole. And no i didnt do archery then

Pfff i took an castle as an Aserai bandit once. Ali Baba and his 40 men. Well we where 110 then + the 40 :wink: but we where 40 doing naughty stuff all the time while the others defended our little bandit hidy hole. And no i didnt do archery then

Plus the 40 prisoners you recruited right before attacking ...... ? :iamamoron: As I said, the game does not intend the player to be able to do this.

Plus the 40 prisoners you recruited right before beginning the siege...... ? :iamamoron:
no not really.... i dont need to cheese to achieve something ^^ But i do like to recruit bandits for a bandit gang for sure :wink: Also you dont want to carry to much being a bandit since youre at war with everyone...well almost except one so you can easily sell and dont have to risk prison just because you didnt hit that 80% checkpoint and loose it all (not sure if they changed that yet though)

Last edited:
Other than spamming horse archers (retreat rinse and repeat on the sally out) or another exploit combined with luck that there's a recently defeated castle there's little way to do this.

I just attack with archers, clear the walls and walk in. Doesn't require horse archers.

I guess you can consider it an exploit because the AI is too dumb to abandon the wall, but that's the universal method.

It doesn't require mastery of anything.

How to get a Castle, or a Town:

Start with a highest possible steward perk you can get and max it out. easy
Made a trader live in the meantime and rumble around to get some money on your hand. easy
Search for nobles in villages and try to improve relation. easy but annoying
train and hold battanian fians. medium (because at that point you wont want auto resolve and lose some. also you need passion)
Once trading works out for you, you should have a good eye on the map and see some week spots like huzn fulq (gesundheit), or tyal. Target should have equal or less troops in it, you have. easy
Wait for an open attack window and make some hostile action on the faction, that hold the city. medium

attack that city! But do not waste time to try to break some walls. if you feel comfortable you can try to build a ramm, but i will suggest it is not worth it.

If you play an archer (because why not? You have fians!) you can snipe a lot of troops from the wall. run foward and grab a ladder. troops will come and help you and then make an charge. sometimes the enemy troops open the door herself and run out to you.
If you play a infantri: LOL Why not, go ahead. :grin:

So now the hard part, creating a kingdom.

If you do the mainquest leave almost all troops in your new home because it buys you time. The enemy hate you now a little and try to get that back. if you lucky there try to get you first. but you should be faster now. if you are not lucky you have to run faster to the questgiver you choose.

If you choose to be Clan tier 4 and create without help, you will find yourself in the very hard spot. because you need at least 100 influence to declare peace and that can be a little tricky to reach.

(tl;dr) I´m old, english is hard!

Best way to get a castle is to attack a Sturgian one. They are usually at war on 3 fronts so you are pretty safe. Even if they do try re-siege your castle, probably another faction will engage their tiny army before it reaches you. Then, you just have to hold it for a month or so until they are all wiped out.

BUT... back on topic:

I would like to see more politicking. Mid to late game is boring. I would like to see less wars, but have a little more content to keep it interesting. Once you become fairly powerful, you should be able to use your kingdom's influence to broker peace between two foreign factions. Then have a system of alliances and peace treaties that give you a little breathing space. Currently I never do quests since my army needs to be ready at a moment's notice.

With less wars, more quests would have to be added; and add things like feasts and hunting parties. And to be multigenerational, perhaps a 'super' fast forward button that automatically turns off if there is a diplomatic emergency like a border skirmish or a new, less friendly leader in another faction which needs to be dealt with militarily or diplomatically.

All in all, the game is too fast and repetitive.

Like others, for me it's no one thing.

Better stability
Battle AI that isn't brain-dead, on the individual and tactical levels
The ability to give commands in battle after death, and/or the ability to take control of companions/troops still in the battle
Infantry collision boxes being expanded so you don't have troops literally inside one another
Turn-rate and movement slow-down when readying an attack
Rebalanced damage types that don't have arrows ignore armour to such a huge degree, and armour that doesn't render the wearer impervious to anything but stabbing attacks
Face hitbox for open helmets
Weapon damage boxes being adjusted such that hafts aren't treated as though they're blades, with targets hit at the start of a swing taking much less damage.
Customisable player-faction troop-tree

MP being un****ed - Weapon & class balance, mitigation of ranged-spam, the inclusion of the Warband progression/loadout system as an option for server hosts or simply replacing the current class system.

Those are the major ones for me, but there are plenty of other mod (and WB mod) features that have spoiled me for the base game.

Biggest thing for me though is an Major Bandit overhaul and mechanics with taking over streets and such. Along with the return of the original Ulfhednars

Don´t know where to start....

-For sure late game content
-A new attack/defend option instead of "chamber blocked", where,when you cross swords, a new animation starts and you have to click like an Beserker on your mouse, to overcome the Defense of your opponent and kill him. Or you can just kick him in this situation to get out of it(at least than the kick has potential).
-AI overhaul, because I can´t take it anymore when Infantry looking at Horse Archers while the enemy infantry cut them into pieces....e.g.
-Maybe more battle commands
-Everything else that is listed or will be listed in this thread...to lazy to write :wink:

What I do about day 300-400 is to attack a castle with my elite army with tons of legionaries and palatine guard. You can get 140-150 men at clan tier 4 so just take a castle with 60-110 defenders, create your kingdom and take policies which allow you to have a bigger party and then try to make peace with the faction you have attacked.

If the faction refuses to make peace, just abandon the fief and come later with +600 men (player party + clan member parties). Once you have funded your kingdom, it doesn’t matter if you lose your first fief and you will be able to form armies, convince other clans to join your kingdom, etc.

What I do about day 300-400 is to attack a castle with my elite army with tons of legionaries and palatine guard. You can get 140-150 men at clan tier 4 so just take a castle with 60-110 defenders, create your kingdom and take policies which allow you to have a bigger party and then try to make peace with the faction you have attacked.

If the faction refuses to make peace, just abandon the fiefs and come later with +600 men (player party + clan member parties). Once you have funded your kingdom, it doesn’t matter if you lose your first fief and you will be able to form armies, convince other clans to join your kingdom, etc.

I don't want to wait until clan tier 4 before trying to create my own kingdom. The idea of having parties you can't control is nonsensical, it should be based on whether you can afford to pay for them or not. The whole game is off in this way.

I don't want to wait until clan tier 4 before trying to create my own kingdom. The idea of having parties you can't control is nonsensical, it should be based on whether you can afford to pay for them or not. The whole game is off in this way.

Well, this is something with I do agree. I specially hate when my clan members start raiding close villages which I would like to conquer later. Good thing is that this is planned to be in game but yes, the waiting for nice stuff is killing us.

more options on policies and negotiations with other kingdoms so it is more social of a game where you can form alliances, and with policies alot more of them and actually make it so you can recind a policy so you have to choose which ones you want depending on your kingdom's situation

Back
Top Bottom