What's the end goal?

Users who are viewing this thread

After 1 year and 7 months (not including alpha & beta stage) multiplayer has seen next to nothing improvements contentwise in that period. [...]

Some may not give a ****, but in my eyes it is truly a shame and impotence to see so much development time and feedback totally wasted running in circles one step forward two steps back. If only the master server of Mister out of time had never been closed... now we would have a tailor-made MP if the then hot synergy had been put to good use... everyone wins.

End goal? Taleworlds does it know?

giphy.gif

...now there are no more embers.

Some may not give a ****, but in my eyes it is truly a shame and impotence to see so much development time and feedback totally wasted running in circles one step forward two steps back. If only the master server of Mister out of time had never been closed... now we would have a tailor-made MP if the then hot synergy had been put to good use... everyone wins.

End goal? Taleworlds does it know?

giphy.gif

...now there are no more embers.
Just a spark from modders

I keep on seeing people quote number of players online but I use to play warband a lot and on the severs I'd only see around 300ish or so, most of which would be on 1-2 seige servers or playing napoleonic wars? Am I wrong? People keep acting as if warband had thousands on a day but bannelords "feels" consistently the same but without the battle/deathmatch servers as people queue skirimish/captain with the match maker.

Please tell me if I'm wrong but bannerlord multiplayer seems as consistent as warbands was let me know because I'm doubting my memory at this point.
Well, I'm not quoting other people's number, I can only use the numbers I see when I log in at around... 8-9 pm GMT. At that time there's an average of 90-100 people on the EU servers, some in TD, some in Siege. The NA servers are at around 40-50 players, this number swells to around 150 tops at their prime time (just after dinner, I'd reckon.) At its peak, and for at least 3 years after release, Napoleonic Wars consistently had 800 players between EU and NA, and that was during EU prime time, don't know about NA prime time. Warband had fewer players, but more than three times as much as Bannerlord had in the year after launch.
You can check steamcharts, even if their numbers are slightly inflated due to the single players.

When they showed with the introduction of passive perks(that are only possible with the perk system that they've refused to remove for seemingly no reason) that they've had things planned out for a while, even if they aren't very good plans
You actually bring a really good point regarding to passive perks.
Weren't we supposed to get three perks since new class system was announced? One of them was supposed to be a passive perk and other two weapon/armour perks. Currently perks+passive perks work for some classes fine, but for others they are completely useless or ridiculous. It really looks like they sat down years ago and decided that "implement perks, go". Two years multiplayer had only only two perks (can't remember exactly when second perk slot came in beta) and they tried to balance the game around those two perks without passive perks. In the end basically all the perks were changed back forth without any actual impact. How much time was lost because of this? I personally can't tell.
If only the master server of Mister out of time had never been closed... now we would have a tailor-made MP if the then hot synergy had been put to good use... everyone wins.
Still makes me sick to even think about it.

You actually bring a really good point regarding to passive perks.
Weren't we supposed to get three perks since new class system was announced? One of them was supposed to be a passive perk and other two weapon/armour perks. Currently perks+passive perks work for some classes fine, but for others they are completely useless or ridiculous. It really looks like they sat down years ago and decided that "implement perks, go". Two years multiplayer had only only two perks (can't remember exactly when second perk slot came in beta) and they tried to balance the game around those two perks without passive perks. In the end basically all the perks were changed back forth without any actual impact. How much time was lost because of this? I personally can't tell.
third perk probably coming soon, it's sort-of referenced in the file that contains your perk selections (see Documents/Bannerlord/Configs/MPDefaultPerks<Numbers>.xml - there are 3 possible perks listed per class, with the last always being 0/default - i.e. not used yet)

edit, because I forgot: perks are stupid. passive perks more so. adding more does not make them better.

third perk probably coming soon, it's sort-of referenced in the file that contains your perk selections (see Documents/Bannerlord/Configs/MPDefaultPerks<Numbers>.xml - there are 3 possible perks listed per class, with the last always being 0/default - i.e. not used yet)
Okay that's interesting. But it still makes me think, if third perk is implemented, why it wasn't there when passive perks came out. Or are we getting multiple passive perks? Or is it just the old case of mix up the perks for the sake of it. Gotta wait for that surprise patch!

Yes, perks are dumb.

I think TaleWorlds has a very specific vision in mind for multiplayer that includes a bunch of intentional imbalances in the game's multiplayer. And considering their insistence that archer spam should be overpowered, I'm surprised that they haven't given all light archers the Looter perk yet.

Please tell me if I'm wrong but bannerlord multiplayer seems as consistent as warbands was let me know because I'm doubting my memory at this point.
You're wrong. NA is completely dead to the point not a single skirmish team has fought another skirmish team in somewhere approaching 6 months. There have been no skirmish team tournaments (besides two unsuccessful draft tournaments) in about a year. The entire community consists of less than 30 active individuals. Warband always had something going on in NA, several hundred competitive players being active. In fact, there are probably more active Warband competitive players now in NA than active competitive Bannerlord players. At any given time during the day, Warband multiplayer has more people playing native than Bannerlord multiplayer. If you count multiplayer mods, it's not even close.

I keep on seeing people quote number of players online but I use to play warband a lot and on the severs I'd only see around 300ish or so, most of which would be on 1-2 seige servers or playing napoleonic wars? Am I wrong? People keep acting as if warband had thousands on a day but bannelords "feels" consistently the same but without the battle/deathmatch servers as people queue skirimish/captain with the match maker.

Well, I don't know if you're wrong or not, to be honest. I don't have much more than anectodal evidence - I can only tell you what I've seen while playing during my usual gaming time (which is between 8 and 10pm GMT. It's far from being 100% accurate, I'm sure.
Still, while right now Warband and Napoleonic Wars have slightly more online players than Bannerlord when combined, you have to keep in mind they're ancient games at this point. Most players have moved on, me included. Bannerlord hasn't even been released yet and still its population is terribly low considering the amount of people who actually bought the thing - it's struggling to get more online players than a ten years old game plus its DLC. That's what worries me, I would expect at least 5-6 FULL siege servers at this point, not (maybe) one or half.

Why play mp when it is just a husk.
Some people prefer the challenge of taking on an opponent that actually thinks, unfortunately there aren't many people who can do much in the way of thinking in Multiplayer but its still better than nothing, even with the few dozen repeat-offender cheaters running rampant and being repeatedly ignored by Taleworlds "anticheat" system.

many people whine so hard, truth is MP is lacking but is YEARS ahead of the other medieval CODs

mordhau is dead, their horses are a joke, most their servers are First person supremaciest, the siege engines move like GTA shopping carts

chivalry 1 and 2, most their servers are First person supremaciest, they have no horses and no real endgame

Bannerlord endgame is to cope with the updates and unlock the armour and items you like for the classes you use, to show them off with your clan friends, if you have any.

BUT, servers crash like crazy, need to fix that ASAP

if developers like money, they should listen to our feedback

make helmets and hats optional.

fix helmet cliping

enable body build and age in MP

add more sigils

add more armour

add more badges

release custom servers

guys being the medieval combat enthusiast that I am, Im telling you, MBBL is THE game, no other holds any ground

many people whine so hard, truth is MP is lacking but is YEARS ahead of the other medieval CODs

mordhau is dead, their horses are a joke, most their servers are First person supremaciest, the siege engines move like GTA shopping carts

chivalry 1 and 2, most their servers are First person supremaciest, they have no horses and no real endgame

Bannerlord endgame is to cope with the updates and unlock the armour and items you like for the classes you use, to show them off with your clan friends, if you have any.

fix helmet cliping

add more sigils

add more armour

add more badges

release custom servers

guys being the medieval combat enthusiast that I am, Im telling you, MBBL is THE game, no other holds any ground
Mount&Blade combat is obviously way better than **** games like Mordhau and Chivalry. People complain because Bannerlord is worse than its 10 years old predecessor. Bannerlord has so much potential but the devs keep being devs...

That's the thing with the m&b series, its uniqueness. Compared to games like chivalry and mordhau, they are similar. This is where bannerlord should take advantage of, but keep the uniqueness and not compare to other games and try to make it similar to them, this is where the game would be heading in the wrong direction.

fix helmet cliping

add more sigils

add more armour

add more badges

release custom servers

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but this game has officially been renamed to 'ride &cut 2: flag baron'

I'd be so happy at this point if Bannerlord just got to a point where it had all of Warbands MP features plus the quality of life changes (scene editor etc) that are already in. At least comp teams (if for some insane reason you wanted to play BL comp) and other communities could run their own events. That is, assuming the player maximum is increased - we had more people at our Warband event Saturday than can fit in a BL server :neutral:

I've been grappling with giving up on anything more since alpha

fix helmet cliping

add more sigils

add more armour

add more badges

release custom servers

You are talking about Warband, right? Ya its years ahead of all other medieval CODs bound together including Bannerlord MP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom