What's the difference between the mod difficulties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Windyplains said:
anoddhermit said:
At the start there's an option to choose easy, normal, hard, or very hard but I've got no idea what the settings do or if I can change them later.
Version History: v0.13

Hmm, thanks but it seems like it's influencing attack/parry/block speed for the AI as well. Maybe I've messed with some other setting but looters and bandits are master duelists in my very hard game right now.

Windyplains said:
Did you up the combat AI in the game settings?  The mod doesn't change them at all in v0.141.

I have it set to "Good" like I always do, with speed on normal though for some mods I use fast/fastest. I guess I will try a new game on normal difficulty to see if enemies seem slower than on very hard or not to see if I can narrow it down to some other setting.

Edit: Yeah seems the same on normal. Maybe the mod in general makes NPC combat AI a bit better/faster? Melee seems more difficult than both Floris and Pendor which are the other mods I play. Or I'm imagining things, or maybe enemies just have higher proficiencies at lower tiers since there aren't as many steps between bottom and top tier relative to Floris expanded and Pendor?

I am noticing there doesn't seem to be a difference in city garrison size between my normal and very hard game though, nor does it seem to be increasing the number of bandits/deserters on the map - at least not noticeably yet. I guess it says "maximum number" though so maybe that kicks in later in the game.

Odd. I actually find the combat a lot easier than floris. I'm actually so comfortable with it that I have set the damage difficulties to standard damage, something I didn't do even on native before I started using mods. I have my mod difficulty set to hard. Most bandit parties are still small (less than 40) but I have seen some deserter parties running around with 100+ members. I think the size may scale to your level and/or warband size.

What I have noticed is it does increase is quality of faction ai opponents. I attacked a caravan once without looking at what was in it and my khergit skirmishers got rocked by veteran rhodok spearmen and crossbowmen, when caravans used to be just raw recruits and a few caravan guards in other mods and native. Had to run away with my warband down 20 men and the caravan hardly scratched. Also when looking at opponenst armies they have much more top tier or just under top tier troops than they used too, indeed usually the majority of their army is composed of veterans or higher, again looking at rhodoks because that's who I'm at war at the moment with but most other countries seem to be similarly upgraded.

Yeah it is actually easier, I believe I have figured out the problem. I was just a little the night I was having this problem, which I didn't really consider. Playing today having no problems.

Back
Top Bottom