What's the best arrows? Bodkin or Khergit

Users who are viewing this thread

X Myth

Recruit
Khergit Arrow +3 seems to cost more than the Bodkin, what's the diffrence between the two or is there one?

Arrow
Barbed
Bodkin
Khergit

Does one travel faster?
Does one do more armor penetration?
Does one have a better chance of doing critical dmg?

Or is it all cosmetic, heh.

Thanks a bunch!

The piercing stat says it all, whichever is higher does the most dmg. Bodkin arrows for example were speicial arrow heads designed to penetrate armor.

As far as I can tell, it's all cosmetic.  The damage stats certainly aren't different.

The more expensive one obviously. The more expensive things are the better the quality it is. If you use that logic like me you'll never go wrong.

/sarcasm

Mercenary88 said:
The piercing stat says it all, whichever is higher does the most dmg. Bodkin arrows for example were speicial arrow heads designed to penetrate armor.

I don't know anything about arrows in real life, and I don't see any stats in game explaining the diffrence between equipment.

Khergit Arrow +3
Bodkin Arrow +3
Barbed Arrow +2
Arrow +1

I just assumed it was cosmetic but I thought there had to be more to it than just that... So if Bodkin does extra armor dmg, what does Khergit do and how come it's more expensive?

TheBlackPrince said:
The more expensive one obviously. The more expensive things are the better the quality it is. If you use that logic like me you'll never go wrong.

/sarcasm

Like buying a Mac over PC!

EDIT: OP, theres no difference but cosmetic. The stats tell you everything about the item, this applies to all weapons & armor. There are no "hidden" factors. But as a basic rule of thumb, blunt damage ignores the most armor with an overall lower damage, piercing ignores almost as much armor as blunt but does far more damage, so it generally is more effective than blunt versus armor, and slashing does the most damage but ignores the least armor.

Just noticed there is a weight diffrence between Khergit 3.5 and Bodkin 3.0..... Hmmmmm Maybe the weight of Khergit increases Velocity?

X Myth said:
Just noticed there is a weight diffrence between Khergit 3.5 and Bodkin 3.0..... Hmmmmm Maybe the weight of Khergit increases Velocity?
What does weight have to do with velocity? If it weighs more, it will fall to the ground faster. (so you would have to aim it slightly higher than usual maybe?)

Nope, velocity, projectile speed, the arc of the projectile, how far the projectile flies are all influenced by the weapon launching them, NOT the actual projectile.

Regarding X Myths' (removed) post about throwing a feather/pebble:

That's due to air resistance and shape of object being thrown, not mass/weight.
By the way I was wrong about something heavier falling faster anyway  :roll: . It just affects force required to fire it, and force it applies on impact.

WookieWarlord said:
Regarding X Myths' (removed) post about throwing a feather/pebble:

That's due to air resistance and shape of object being thrown, not mass/weight.
By the way I was wrong about something heavier falling faster anyway  :roll: . It just affects force required to fire it, and force it applies on impact.

I prematurely posted that. I deleted it so fast didnt think anyone had a chance to see it  :oops:.
Anyway, I really just wanted to see the diffrence between the 2.. Actually i want there to be one  :neutral:

WookieWarlord said:
Yea, Did you see Archonsod's post?

Nope lol, but that would make a lot of sense ;0

I was hoping for:
+Armor Penetration
+Velocity (Cause of a better shaped aerodynamic arrow! har!)

Back
Top Bottom