What's spawning in your neighbourhood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Man, I just love all those different lesser factions spawns, they add so much to the game as opposed to plain and boring bandits of the native. Upon the first run with this mod (currently day 750, own faction, not doing so badly thank you very much) you cannot do anything else than marvel at the diversity of the different war parties and the units themselves. At the beginning it's all exciting and all, but doing that very own first run I've noticed that I've missed almost all the fun with those unique encounters. The lords of this realm have made almost all of them disappear before I was strong enough to take them on, or knew where to look. All that I can play with are Jatu and Snake armies, spawning every other week, with occasional Dread Legion now and then. Gone are the inquisitors of Barclay and The Mettenheim company, I can't seem to encounter any adventuring personalities, except Oswald the fleur, which I've killed (based on his wiki he's a real bastard, and why the hell did I loose honor for making the world a better place without him?) Anyways, are you guys having the same thing in your mid-late game, having no one fun to chase around? What's happening in your worlds?

Just a hint: don't kill minor faction spawn leaders, but ransom them for a qualis gem. Qualis gems are impossible to obtain otherwise, with the exception of a few placed as easter eggs. And Demonic magnuses(tiny chance) and "secret" tournaments.

I know I shouldn't kill the leaders, I've already ransomed Maltise for a gem, but really couldn't help myself but to kill Oswald. I'm really curious about the Barclay and Mettenheim spawns, since I haven't got a chance to fight them, is there a chance they'd reappear? Do the other spawns have a timeframe or a condition for their spawns, or is it totally random, because all I'm getting lately are snake and jatu armies.

I was under the impression that Barclay, Mettenheim and Veccavians are all on friendly terms with the AI lords? They aren't the most common spawns to be sure, but in my games I usually see them running around for a good time before they are mopped up by the minor faction armies.

My latest game also featured Wolfbode terrorizing Ravenstern with up to 3000 troops. He spawned very early in the game and went around picking off lords and the occasional Jatu army, becoming so big the AI never had enough numbers to fight him. Finally becoming marshal and taking him out was one of the most epic battles I've had in the game.

Thanks for the tip, got the Three Seers yesterday ^^ I just loved steamrolling around their seers initiates/favourites once they ran out of arrows. The favourites were so unique I menaged to recruit some of them into my own army. They don't seem to return my enthusiasm though, running away at night, what's that all about? And after I got them well drunk in the tavern

Back
Top Bottom