What's Score?

Users who are viewing this thread

@MArdA TaleWorlds , @NIN3 ,@AVRC
Hey Devs,
I am currently working on a new player stats spreedsheet for the EU Skirmish Tournament.

And I ended in wondering what the Score actually is or how it's calculated.

It's clear to me that score is depending atleast to some extend, which unit you are fighting against.
Also Kills give more points than Assists.

So here are some things I am not sure about:

I think I have seen players awarded points for dealing damage only. So they didn't score a kill or assist but had a small amount of points anyway.
Does that happen?

Is score related to the amount of gold a unit costs in Skirmish?
So a cathaprakt would give twice as much points as a Empire Recruit.

Is the score related to your own class aswell?

I also have a couple of questions about assists:

How mich damage do I have to deal to be awarded an assist?

Also do I have to deal for example 50% damage of the maximum life, or do I just have to deal 50 points of damage to be awarded.
I am basically asking because few classes like the Voulgier have more than 100 HP. And 50 damage wouldn't be equal to 50% of damage here.

Anyway, it would be really great if you could tell us about these stats a little bit.

Looking forward to next patch :wink:

Don't know where I read it, but I think you will get awarded an assist for ~35 damage unless somebody else deals more damage while not getting the last hit.

Some insights by the devs would be great.

You get killed player's troop cost as a score if you are the one who killed. Negative if friendly kill.
You get half for assist. Negative if friendly kill.

Edit: Assist is given to player (other than killer) who dealt most damage if the total damage is at least 35.

You get killed player's troop cost as a score if you are the one who killed. Negative if friendly kill.
You get half for assist. Negative if friendly kill.

Edit: Assist is given to player (other than killer) who dealt most damage if the total damage is at least 35.

@Aprikosenmann
So to sum it up: a Cathaprakt can give up to 300 points from a single life.
200 for the Killer and 100 for the player with most damage.
Interesting.

Thanks for the reply @azakhi

That makes assist kind of useless in statistics though.
Basically for people looking to get a high score that means, that they shouldn't participate in a 3 vs 1 fight.

@Aprikosenmann
That makes assist kind of useless in statistics though.
That's a false assumption. An assist indicates dealt damage which indicates a good performance. Just like kills do. And most of the kills you only did 1-2 hits and most of the assist you only did 1-2 hits. And remember you can get kills by dealing 5dmg but assists only from 35 dmg. Assists should be as telling as kills are referring the players performance.

Ofc the best way to get score is to only lasthit every enemy. But no one tries to farm score in a tournament. And you have to imagine that everything evens out anyways. You will get kills where you did 1dmg and some where you did 100dmg. On average that should end up between 30-50dmg. And assists should be between 40-50dmg.

Hey @azakhi Thanks again for your reply.

But I kept thinking about it, and I don't see a reason, why you can get only one assist. There was surely a reason why you put 35 as the mark for the damage. Why shouldn't it be possible to get two assists per kill?

The K/D/A at the end is not relative to number of players anyway since kills often happen without any assists.

Finally the score: why don't you make the score relative to the damage dealt in comparison to the classes gold consumtion

So dealing 20 Dmg to a recruit would give you 20 points, while doing 90 Dmg to a cathaprakt would give you 180 points.

Right now, you can potentially lose an assist even though you made as much as 49 dmg (so almost half the work)

Or you can get you kill "stealed" eben though you did 99% of the damage.

If the score was relating to the damage, a players impact would be a little bit netter displayed.

But I kept thinking about it, and I don't see a reason, why you can get only one assist. There was surely a reason why you put 35 as the mark for the damage. Why shouldn't it be possible to get two assists per kill?

The K/D/A at the end is not relative to number of players anyway since kills often happen without any assists.

Finally the score: why don't you make the score relative to the damage dealt in comparison to the classes gold consumtion

So dealing 20 Dmg to a recruit would give you 20 points, while doing 90 Dmg to a cathaprakt would give you 180 points.

Right now, you can potentially lose an assist even though you made as much as 49 dmg (so almost half the work)

If the score was relating to the damage, a players impact would be a little bit netter displayed.

Completely agree! I see no downsides to directly display the damage multiplied with the cost!

You could think this even further: Right now you only get points if the person really dies. So you could deal 6x 99 Dmg but receive 0 Points at the end of the round if all of them survive. That effect makes it really hard to analyze the best player of hard loosing teams.
On the other hand you could argue that your 6x99dmg had no effect on the game, but I would say that dealt damage should be rewarded in the form of score no matter what.
4 random Inf vs 4 DM Inf. They wont get a single kill the whole match even if they have 1 good player who lands 7 hits per round. He will have 0 score.

I believe you should ask AVRC or NIN3

Alright,

Dear Mr @AVRC and dear Mr. @NIN3

Mr Azakhi recommended me to inquire you with my suggestion.

Please take a look at the proposal by Aprikosenmann and myself.

Kindest Regards,

Ikea

Honestly, I'd love to know if you like the idea or do you think of it to be just something that's not important enough./ too much work. Or even plain bad.

Honestly, I'd love to know if you like the idea or do you think of it to be just something that's not important enough./ too much work. Or even plain bad.

Well without going too much into detail, when I first learned the calculation, I thought that it doesn't make sense to reward last hits so much more while limiting assists to only one and only if above 35 damage (however this is actually for registering something as assist i think, probably score calculation came after that, not the other way around). But I didn't think much about a better way.

Any thoughts on displaying damage done, perhaps as a separate column on the scoreboard? Since healing isn't an option, it seems like it might be really valuable information to have in-game, sort of like how being able to see team/opponent gold can be useful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom