What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson said:
We have this "uncle" and "aunt" thing in Portuguese higher society and I've hated it since I was a kid. Feels so phony and wrong to call that to non-relative parents of friends and such. I much prefer Mr. / Dr. / Professor followed by their name. Respectful and no bull****.
sounds a bit morose tbh.

but i struggled a lot when professors in my uni asked us to address them with their bare names.

The single best thing in Uni is having a class with a professor you sometimes go to a pub with and addressing him as "John" while using the informal tu-thing when everyone else needs to use "Mr Professor" and the formal vous-thing. So awkward and yet so funny. Especially because even the professor changes the tu and vous depending on what student he talks to.

tfw senpai-PhD adresses me with the vous form :S
in peninsular Spanish, uncle means dude/m8, I can therefore conclude that the Spanish are the most anti-formal people

tumblr_inline_p2l11lt60F1qcvvit_250.gif

I didn't expect this from you...We peninsular Spaniards have feelings... Just so you know.

Count Delinard said:
Everyone knows peninsular spanish is the worst type of spanish anyway. Regardless of them inventing it in the first place.

Especially for inventing it in the first place.

Bring back Mozarabic you reconquista-ing sons a *****es

Almalexia said:
Count Delinard said:
Everyone knows peninsular spanish is the worst type of spanish anyway. Regardless of them inventing it in the first place.

Aristotle once said: you can't untie a knot without knowing how it's made.
I love your provocative style anyway.

@célibataire volontaire macroniste
Je ne crois pas que nous ayons été présentés  :iamamoron:

Almalexia said:
Count Delinard said:

¡Aseguramos nuestra independencia contra el metrópolis comemierda!

BenKenobi said:
The single best thing in Uni is having a class with a professor you sometimes go to a pub with and addressing him as "John" while using the informal tu-thing when everyone else needs to use "Mr Professor" and the formal vous-thing. So awkward and yet so funny. Especially because even the professor changes the tu and vous depending on what student he talks to.
people call professors by their title and second names? Ours also introduced themselves on a first name basis.

Also, 100% of your classmates probably find you insufferable.  :razz:

:grin:

Beny said:
BenKenobi said:
people call professors by their title and second names? Ours also introduced themselves on a first name basis.

Also, 100% of your classmates probably find you insufferable.  :razz:
The latter part is probably true, although I would not agree on 100 percent :grin:

And no, people don't call professors by their titles and second names, only by their titles.

Now I explain to myself the complaints of foreigners for their difficulties with our meanings. An example of the richness of the Castilian language (CASTELLANO) is the number and meanings of a simple word, such as the well-known and frequently used reference to masculine attributes, COJONES.

If it is accompanied by a numeral, it has different meanings depending on the number used. Thus, "one" means "expensive" (valía un cojón), "two" means "courage" (tenía dos cojones), "three" means "contempt" (me importa tres cojones), a very large number plus "pair" means "difficulty" (lograrlo me costo mil pares de cojones).

The verb changes the meaning. "To have" indicates "courage" (aquella persona tiene cojones), although with exclamative signs it can mean "surprise" (¡tiene cojones!); "to put" expresses a challenge, especially if they are put in some places (puso los cojones encima de la mesa).

They are also used for gambling (me corto los cojones - me juego los cojones), or for threatening (te corto los cojones). The time of the verb used changes the meaning of the phrase. Thus, the present indicates "annoyance or boredom" (me toca los cojones), the reflective means "sloth" (se tocaba los cojones), but the imperative means "surprise" (¡tócate los cojones!). The prefixes and suffixes modulate their meaning: "a-" expresses "fear" (acojonado), "des-" means "tiredness or laughter" (descojonado), "-udo" indicates "perfection" (cojonudo), and "-azo" refers to "indolence or abulia" (cojonazo).

The prepositions qualify the expression. "De" means "success" (me salió de cojones)" or "quantity" (hacía un frío de cojones), "by/por" it expresses "voluntariness" (lo haré por cojones), "up to" it expresses "endurance limit" (estoy hasta los cojones), "with" it indicates "courage" (era un hombre con cojones) and "without", "cowardice" (era un hombre sin cojones).

The colour, the shape, the simple smoothness or the size are different. The violet color expresses "cold" (se me quedaron los cojones morados), the form, "tiredness" (tenía los cojones cuadrados), but the wear and tear implies "experience" (tenía los cojones pelados de tanto repetirlo).

It is important the size and the position (tiene dos cojones grandes y bien plantados); however there is a maximum size (tiene los cojones como los del caballo de Espartero) that cannot be surpassed, because then it indicates "clumsiness or sloth" (le cuelgan, se los pisa, se sienta sobre ellos, e incluso necesita una carretilla para llevarlos).

The interjection "cojones!" means "surprise", and when you are perplexed you ask for them (manda cojones). In that place resides the will and from there arise the orders (ime sale de los cojones).

And after that great example that is the word cojones, we can continue with another great word of our beloved language: MIERDA.

- Geographical location: ¡Vete a la mierda! -Go to hell!
- Qualifying adjective: ¡Eres un mierda!- You are a ****!
- Egocentrism: ¡Se cree la gran mierda! -You think you're the big ****!
- Skepticism:¡No te creo una mierda!- I don't believe you!
- Vengeance: ¡Hagámoslo mierda!- Let's smash it!
- Visual effect: ¡No se ve una mierda!- I don't see a ****!
- Sense of smell: ¡Huele a mierda! -Smells like ****!
- As farewell: ¡Vamonos a la mierda! -Let's go to the ****!
- Metamorphosis: ¡Chocó y se hizo mierda!- He crashed and became a ****!
- Speculation: ¿Qué será esa mierda? -What will that **** be?
- Superlative: ¡Purísisima mierda!- Very pure ****!
- Sexual dissatisfaction: ¡Esa tipa es una mierda! -That **** is a ****!
- Expression of joy: ¡Que mierda tan buena! -What a good ****!
- Surprise: ¿Que mierda es esa?- What kind of **** is that?
- Major surprise: ¡¡¡¡Mierda!!!! -What a ****!
- Selfishness: ¡No me regalo ni una mierda! -She did not give to me a ****!
- Sense of taste: ¡Esto sabe a mierda! -This tastes like ****!
- Conformity: ¡Seguimos comiendo mierda! -We still eat ****!
- Imperfect past: ¡Fue una mierda! -It was a ****!
- As an action: ¡Vamos a hacer esa mierda! -Let's do that ****!
- Cheer up: ¡Apúrate con esa mierda! -Hurry up with that ****!
- Disorder: ¡Qué mierdero! -What a piece of ****!
- Eating Habits: ¡Es un Comemierda! -It's a **** Eater!
- Dismissive: ¡No se que se cree el mierda ese! -I don't know what the **** that is!
- Alchemist: Todo lo que toca lo vuelve mierda.-Everything he touches becomes ****.
- Great advice: ¡Mándalo todo a la mierda! -Send everything to the ****!
- Luck: ¡Mucha mierda! -Lots of ****!
- Disorder: Esto está hecho una mierda -This is a mess!

Since this word has been used throughout history, here are some examples:

¿Cuándo va a parar esta lluvia de mierda?- When is this rain of **** going to stop? (Noah, year 4314 BC)

¿Cómo mierda se te ocurrió eso ?- How the **** did you come up with that? (Pythagoras' mother to her son, 126 BC)

¿Cuándo mierda vamos a llegar ?-
When the hell are we gonna get there? (Christopher Columbus, year 1492)

¿Cómo mierda quieren que pinte el techo?- How the **** do you want me to paint the ceiling? (MiguelAngel, year 1566)

Esta mierda se parece tanto a ella-
This **** looks so much like her... (Pablo Picasso, 1926)

Cualquier idiota puede entender esta mierda- Any idiot can understand this **** (Einstein, year 193:cool:

¿Los Beatles? Qué banda de mierda...- The Beatles? What a **** band... (The Artistic Director of Decca Records, before rejecting them, in 1961)

Vamos, Mónica, ¿qué te pasa! ¿Quién mierda se va a dar cuenta? - Come on, Monica, what's wrong with you! Who the ****'s gonna know? (Bill Clinton, year 1997)

RepentantCooperativeDeermouse-size_restricted.gif

Aficionados...

---

I hope not to have problems with the moderators or with the censor as my intention was always to inform and instruct.  :iamamoron:

I liked the part where you told us all the different interpretations of "playing with balls".

Also, is that the dude who laughs about the end of the world? Good mierda my friend.

Roccoflipside said:
I liked the part where you told us all the different interpretations of "playing with balls".

Also, is that the dude who laughs about the end of the world? Good mierda my friend.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Indeed, the only one, the incomparable one, is the very "El risitas". (Chuckles).

You've seen Snoop work his culinary magic on VH1's Emmy-nominated Martha
and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party, and now, Tha Dogg's up in your
kitchen...with his first cookbook.

Delivering 50 recipes straight
from his own collection, Snoop's cookbook features OG staples like
Baked Mac & Cheese and Fried Bologna Sandwiches with Chips, and new
takes on classic weeknight faves like Soft Flour Tacos and Easy Orange
Chicken. And it don't stop...Snoop's giving a taste of the high life
with remixes on upper echelon fare such as Lobster Thermidor and Filet
Mignon. But we gotta keep it G with those favorite munchies too, ya
know? From chewy Starbursts to those glorious Frito BBQ Twists, you
should have an arsenal of snacks that'll satisfy. And of course, no
party is complete without that Gin and Juice and other platinum ways to
entertain.

The Doggfather's got you covered - complete with epic stories and behind-the-scenes photos that brings this masterpiece to life.

To me, that car is ugly. Some of its lines I actually find appealing- I think it is just from the bottom of the windows upward that I like. Other than that though it is chunky and angular in bad ways, like many modern cars. The steering wheel and interior looks impressively fancy, though it still doesn't appeal to me. The view @00:21 is odd. It looks as though they can see the road through the floor of the car or something.

Back
Top Bottom