What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I'm ready to get another dog. I feel like after the horrible outcome with my last dog that the best thing for me to do is rescue a dog from the pound.

I have actually started playing the Doki Doki LC thing. It has surpassed my expectations.
I expected it to be just a bad horror game. And, well, it actually turned out to be a bad horror game. But there is in fact more to it. It has a message. Sure it's full of exaggerations and silly parts, but it conveys in a matter-of-factly and relatable manner the realisation that girls are not just love interests but also very mentally fragile and often heavily traumatised human beings. I only managed to fully understand this and develop a more compassionate approach to dating in my twenties. I would say it is a decent emotional education game for teenage boys.

I been considering getting a work visa to migrate either to the UK or Canada, that is after I finish school and if things doesn't really change around here, this was suggested by my dad, but I am not sure about it

Weaver said:
I have actually started playing the Doki Doki LC thing. It has surpassed my expectations.
I expected it to be just a bad horror game. And, well, it actually turned out to be a bad horror game. But there is in fact more to it. It has a message. Sure it's full of exaggerations and silly parts, but it conveys in a matter-of-factly and relatable manner the realisation that girls are not just love interests but also very mentally fragile and often heavily traumatised human beings. I only managed to fully understand this and develop a more compassionate approach to dating in my twenties. I would say it is a decent emotional education game for teenage boys.
Yeah, visual novels are not games, but as far as visual novels go, this one is top shelf. I have to say, I never imagined poetry fitting into a game and even adding into the replayability. Some pretty heavy themes going on with this as well.

I think "horror" is a bad way to put it, I feel like the meat of the game is in the story itself. There's maybe one or two proper jump scares, and even those depend on the circumstances. I think "unnerving" would fit better.

I'm hoping the success of this game inspires more games to focus on themes like these, not that there's a shortage of mature games out there, especially if you look into the visual novel scene.

Weaver said:
it conveys in a matter-of-factly and relatable manner the realisation that girls are not just love interests but also very mentally fragile and often heavily traumatised human beings.

As opposed to MEN who are immune to depression and anxiety and are much more rational and logical beings overall. #mgtow #roastie #riyadh

The point of the extreme behaviour by the characters in the lategame is to poke fun at the tropes of your average visual novel by taking them to their logical conclusions. The main antagonist even says so, multiple times in fact. "Wouldn't it be weird if real people behaved like this" and so on. If what you took away from it is that real women behave like that then #IdunnoWhatToTellYa

Yes, Jacob. My worldview is mostly shaped by anime visual novels. I do believe that men are not psychologically vulnerable at all. And I believe the writers constructed absolutely realistic situations and characters in their game. You've got everything right, good job.

I don't mind talking to fools. But smug fools are just irritating.

Cordor said:
I been considering getting a work visa to migrate either to the UK or Canada, that is after I finish school and if things doesn't really change around here, this was suggested by my dad, but I am not sure about it
If you come to England I will buy you a welcome beer. Us English are extremely welcoming of foreign economic migrants.

Beny said:
Cordor said:
If you come to England I will buy you a welcome beer. Us English are extremely welcoming of foreign economic migrants.
We only accept them to complain about them, it's not like we actually prevent anyone from entering.  :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom