What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

^ What he said. If you have done your research and saw 10, 20, 100 houses by now, compare their prices, sizes, aesthetics, functionality, potential neccessary day 1 investments, yard size etc, it would come to you almost instinctively by now to know if price to quality ratio of that particular house is something you are looking for.
This is the 7th (I think) house I've viewed in person, and by far the nicest one I've visited recently. I've also seen a bunch more online that either didn't appeal to me or looked so nice that I suspected they'd sell for more than I could afford. The price won't be a bargain but the house doesn't appear to need anything on day 1 except an AC system. The others I've visited all needed significantly more work. I'm doing what research I can think of in this limited amount of time I have left, but I'm going to have to do what feels right and hope for the best.

@NPC99 I believe a title search should be done by my lawyer as part of the purchase process. A surveyor shouldn't be necessary in this case.

@Count Delinard I know, I've been thinking about that. Still, finances are scary ****.

Sounds like you have 'buyer's remorse' even befeore buying. Just know it's common and few people buy houses without hesitation.
There are so many things to consider that even if you've spent months researching, you might never feel ready.
That's good to know. I'm glad it's not just me.
It's good to listen to experienced people but the arguments "you can do better" and "hates the style" are weak and can be ignored.
(Doesn't ound like your father is very supportive, but that's a whole other issue.).
I'm inclined to agree. And no, my father isn't being very supportive on this, which is unfortunate and makes these decisions extra difficult when I know he doesn't approve. We're usually quite close and can talk about a lot of things, but for some reason he's not comfortable with me looking for somewhere else to live.
Your friend might be right about overpriced houses, but is he just annoyed he can't afford anything? **** or too overpriced in the same area doesn't sound too logical.
My friend is in his 40s, he built a beautiful house in the country a number of years ago, he has a beautiful (if annoying) wife and three teenage daughters. :lol: They're good people.

It seems that a lot of the houses in my area are being sold through a process the realtors call "delayed negotiations", where a house is listed for sale for a week or less. The sellers post an "asking price" which gives you an idea of what they're looking for. The people who want to buy it make bids, which can be higher or lower than the asking price and can include stipulations. For instance, a bidder could say that buying the house would depend on them being able to sell their current house, or they could ask that the seller make improvements to the property, etc. At the end of the week, the sellers select the best bid and the purchase process begins. It's not uncommon for houses to sell for significantly more than the asking price because people are competing to have the highest bid. The houses that don't get sold this way seem to be the ones that wouldn't be desirable to most buyers or presumably didn't attract the kind of bids the sellers were hoping for. So, the nice houses aren't on the market very long and the ones you see listed week after week, month after month are the ones nobody's buying. So, **** or overpriced.

Live streaming your trauma for money.
Ridiculous. Zero self-respect. There's nothing wrong with private therapy, but turning it into a money-making media circus is pathetic. As long as Royalty keep their mouths shut and wave politely we can pretend that they're not stupid, but this doesn't help any Constitutional Monarchy.

Harry naval gazing.

Prince-Harry-stands-and-s-016.jpg

Certain members of the British royal family have become akin to reality TV stars, creating drama for the sake of gaining publicity and public sympathy. The monarchy is completely obsolete: it might be time to start thinking of dissolving it, if only so that maybe then then the royal family won't be given so much endless media attention.

What?? No, that won't do at all. The monarchy brings political stability and many jobs for the tabloids, not only in the UK, but around the world too.
If anything, they should have more scandals involving sex and secret immoral behavior. The problem with Harry and Meghan is that they don't bring much to the table except some casual tabloid racism and outrage over commoners marrying into noble houses.

Certain members of the British royal family have become akin to reality TV stars, creating drama for the sake of gaining publicity and public sympathy. The monarchy is completely obsolete: it might be time to start thinking of dissolving it, if only so that maybe then then the royal family won't be given so much endless media attention.

The British monarchy has been mostly media spectacle since 1688 when parliament invited captured joe's great uncle to rule the country, on the condition that he just sat in Windsor and didn't do anything. Their only real "purpose" now is to legitimise parliament to its own members. There is actually a lot of infighting within the upper echelons of government and the civil service about who gets to invoke the Queen's name and for what reason. When she died, every other MP came up with a different spiel about her and mentioned going to her tea parties or whatever. Nobody is allowed to talk smack about the monarch above a certain level in parliament, so the chance that it gets abolished by the existing parliamentary system is basically nil.

A part of me actually likes having the royals around because the dichotomy between their exaggerated pomp on one hand, and the average bald pie-eating anglo on the other, is very amusing to me. Every time I see drunk, toothless saxons brawling outside the pub and calling each other ****S extremely loudly I just think about how this is technically a high-prestige fairytale monarchy that rich libtard asians and hitlerite indians furiously masturbate to, and it makes me chuckle. That alone is worth the several billion pounds they sponge off the taxpayer just for being the genetic runoff of some random polder dwellers from 1600 who happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom