What's Happening with Taverns ?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I was hoping that every tavern would be unique.

Different town... different tavern. Different lay out .

Bannerlord is partially a RPG or at least has RPG elements. And in any rpg , taverns are important places, for talking to people, picking up quests, drinking and gambling, hearing gossip etc...

Almost a year into EA we have one tavern scene per culture. One.

Please tell me TW aren't planning on letting it stay this way? I really hope this isn't another thing being left to the modders to add?

Last edited:
Isn't there still only one Vlandian castle too(not counting each level)?

I've been hoping that once they've added more village and battle scenes we'll get more taverns and keeps and eventually unique scenes for each city.

I've been hoping that once they've added more village and battle scenes we'll get more taverns and keeps and eventually unique scenes for each city.
Castles/Towns are harder to make and I don't think they're just gonna hit auto this time for navmeshes so they might actually work

I think they will add them eventually along with unique Arena's but it will take a while. Probably last priority. After all that's how it was in Warband so its pretty much a staple.
I would be very surprised if they decide to keep it how it is now

Oh dag -thats quite abit -must feel alot better
Idk haven't played more then 2 hours on the newest beta and I don't remember hiw many new ones I have encountered they certainly feel different enough for me to forget them unless they're a part of the original maps

I think for castles and towns they need to do ground up rework to figure out how the nav meshes must be constrained to suite an AI that they can create. So that sieges can be functional.

At the same time in seige simulations (the batlles we as a player fight in) the fortifcation defender doesnt actually have much of an advantage when the fight plays out, the defensive elements of a fortifcation are struggling to be replicated in the game. So they need to design that too.

This is a seperate issue to taverns which can be far less functional but you can see where the above might be consuming some deal of their time.

Never notice the tavern sameness as I can use all of its functionality from the world map or am I missing something. Tbh I don't think having a unique tavern layout for every town is a good use of developer resources.

Never notice the tavern sameness as I can use all of its functionality from the world map or am I missing something. Tbh I don't think having a unique tavern layout for every town is a good use of developer resources.
It's about immersion not just pure functionality. It's about enjoying the atmosphere of the game and it's locations...Of course you could just skip it all from the world map. But that just reduces the game even further.

The game is meant to be much, much more than a back and forth between the world map and the occasional battle.

As for resources, well previous mount and blade games had different taverns - So it's not a lot to ask.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom