Whats cooking in the kitchen? What about .8 stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
New week and less than a week till Halloween.
  Weekends nothing gets done around here.
  Did try different skeletons from Elven path and many tries stretching the human model for giants; generally I have to stick with human skeletons or the
armors don't fit, at all.  I can shrink the skeleton but any other skeleton and armors cover the head or have huge gaps, and white blotches and phantom uncolored eyes sit on the faces.  The races now I can live with. This is something different than undead; skeletons concern the placement of textures for arms, legs, face, hands and how far from the center to place each of these.  Not sure about adding more; skins 0-11 are in use now, giving 5 races for Phosphor v21 / Perisno 0.8:
  Human, Elf, Dwarf, Giant, Undead, and Drow for Phosphor.    I suppose there exists capability for 0-15,
but this is the most I've had success with, SO FAR.  I'm also out of time for adding races this release, unless I push back to Thanksgiving.

Right now the option to change races for premade characters appears for normal characters; characters choosing vassal etc are presented with a second page of destinations even when they have chosen a valid combination of race and kingdom.  So this needs straightening out and testing.

Scouts and auto-created patrols for each kingdom were disabled in Perisno 75, but actually should come back, if the original problem can be solved.
I have a complex scheme on paper to solve it, but it needs time, many hours perhaps, to implement and test, on a day when I am not interrupted every few minutes as is my fate on weekends.

Drow troops were quickly adapted from some other minor troops and need their gear set to "drow" gear.
  It would be nice to liberate a warg or spider from TLD as well...
  Drow and Giants need troop tree upgrades.

Added a drow city, added merchants, enterprise masters, guildmasters, mayors, tavern persons for cities 28 and 29.
  There are 18 factions now instead of 11.
  Phosphor: players may start as:
      Kings/Queens of the first 6 (native) factions and get the capital (and its garrison) as their city.  This option is limited in race choice.
      Prince/Princess  starts with a castle (and its garrison)  with a wider selection of races allowed - some factions are very racist.                                     
        Vassal  and get a fief on day 1.  This option has the loosest restrictions for race but racism  still limits some player races in some kingdoms.  I still need to adjust the simple_triggers offer of vassalage by race to filter out some offers.  the hardest race is Bakhal flavor giant, next is Drow, third is regular giant, with elf and dwarf about equal, in terms of who does not like them very much.  It's all quite a bit more opinionated than it used to be; elves dislike dwarves; dwarves dislike both redwood and bluewoods; bluewoods hate just about everybody; tolranians are quite intolerant of elves especially and nonhumans in general (to a lesser extent than elves); Maccavia doesn't like drow but tolerates Sut flavor giants; valhir enjoy giants and dwarves, but are also friends to drow; Drahara and Hakkon tolerate drow well, and Hakkon is eager to trade with the slavers of Bakhal giants; while the outlaw castle held by Cretas is favorable to outlaws and rebels everywhere, and the drow, who they seek to trade with for magic in order to gain an upper hand over other factions.  Quite a few minor factions look favorably on the Zann as their chance to suppress those that suppress them, and are quick to attempt to ally themselves to the Zann.  The factions to the south are generally wary of the zann but at first offer trade with them.  Amazons trade with the bluewood elves for more than just shoes; although elf shoes are magic and boost pathfinding...  Pretty much every named minor faction has an updated list of who it will and will not fight or flee from;
don't assume the same behavior as in Perisno .7x or any prior Phosphor.                                         

There are balanced caravan trade routes connecting ALL 29 cities, TO and FROM, with every city spawning at least five and at most 10 caravans each,
meaning that in times of peace and assuming you protect caravans both arriving and departing from each city that city will become more prosperous, unlike before.  I went over every script line in the first 10,000 lines where all these are initialized.

This found cities above 25 did not have arena teams defined; did so for dwarf, aruolo, and drow cities.
  Moved the cities that in .8 were impossible to get to into the large open area at the south-east corner of the map, and reverted to a base Perisno .7 map as Robin's map assumed sea travel coding, but none such was supplied, and I detest implicit presumption as to what I have to do next.  This also isn't a suggestions thread; its just saying what HAS been done.  Suggestions (that is, more work you wish to volunteer me for) can go somewhere where under employed volunteers may yet implement it...

Diplomacy needs to have in simple_triggers the check for declaring war moved back 30 days so the game starts out in relative peace while vassals, princes, and kings try to get a handle on their kingdoms.  Technically a change of monarchs is an excellent time for enemies to declare war but in general there are too many war declarations on day 1 right now.

Zann should invade sooner, especially if a player chooses the King option at game start.
    Zann behavior is changed and may prevent the strange Zann failure to continue wars, as well as huge faction increases from helping the Zann that happen now.

For that matter many of the minor factions, such as amazons, ukundu, mosoru, and others are now neutral to some kingdoms, and you should check if you really are at war or hostile to minor faction parties before attacking them.  Generally if they chase you, they're hostile.  If they run from you, you're hostile or have attacked them previously.  I *should* let players buy their way to peace with minor factions as they can do with major factions, except maybe increase the cost to prevent farming exploits.

I added a quick fix for missing in action spouses, if you meet one and she/he was going to remain forever hostile for having endured captivity after your party was defeated in a siege or in the field; now when you reunite, and first talk, in the special case the character you talk to is your spouse and hates you this much, your relation is boosted 10 points and they are attached to your party so you can send them home or not.  Hopefully "kiss and make up" solves everything...  I *should* but have not yet adjust dialogs where that fix is made to set relation to at least 10 or the current relation, whichever gives a higher value, as the value could be substantially negative.

Premade (tester) characters forgot to get food.
    the Water staff looks to be the best weapon that doesn't friendly kill troops around you; I should hand them out to faction leaders....
    (this is a Phosphor item; I'll next release a Phosphor submod for open testing then back port what seems to work to something smaller so the rest of the Perisno team can catch up, if they have time to add anything).  As in the past few people actually read the forums and even fewer come test at Phosphor, this will be only for people curious to get their hands on something really different, in whatever state its in.  I can assure you I'm willing to sit on it a little longer to make it clean before you see it, but I already think its cleaner than any Phosphor so far and I think it will be better next week.  One of my weeks is like a half year from other devs (excepting Robin); its cruel to give them 3 week old source and not babysit further... I probably give code for Thanksgiving well before thanksgiving so they each can add something in time, if they want to.  I know Robin did a heck of a lot for .8, and Michadr is genius for finding mounts, models, and such for new things.  I wouldn't mind seeing a city model for "silk throat", the Drow cave opening and some sort of structure on top of ground.  I can take the throne room from Elven Path so castle scene is able to be lifted quickly.  The male drow has pointy ears, and is smaller by intention than the female, who has the easy on the eyes face we are used to in Perisno.  I made giant females taller, although they look suspiciously the same as human women.  It hasn't happened yet but I expect the price of silk will be low at the drow city; Drow will want iron and food items, as they have limited food from their as yet non existant villages and mushrooms aren't enough to eat from for a city.  Drow definitely aren't stupid; strong and stupid describes their neighbors and allies, the cruel Bakhal giants, who tend to eat their prisoners, or at least so I've heqard.  The code doesn't YET have them eat prisoners, but its not that hard to implement ... someday "soon" (TM).  If I bother to do that I should triple their food consumption as well.  They really ARE stupid, and incredibly strong.  Ideal for
powerful matriarchs like the Drow to manipulate when possible...

All villages and towns belonging to other races (Elf, Giant, Drow) now have town walkers with the correct skin type (race) for that town/village.
This is done by expanding the troops defined to add other races as town walkers and village walkers. 

Expanding the troop trees implies adjusting starting and ending locations for troop trees needed adjustment and testing, which is done.

Prices are already reduced on anything crafting can make, but all other items should be reduced as well.
    I should review the rings and enchantments prices also.
    I should change the developer cheats as well to add more drow and giant troops for cheat menu voting to add to the player party.

These are the main things holding back a release this week, which would be a remarkably Perisno .77-like game with 2 races added and a .8 Perisno map.
It's not fair to call it Perisno .8 because Michadr and others promised hundreds of features that none of them actually coded, leaving it all to me, and I didn't actually promise that list.  I made a DIFFERENT list of stuff I wanted to see by November, some of which probably will be in by Thanksgiving and little of which can get done by Halloween.

I'm told, and it sometimes looks that way, that its bad luck to release during a "falling" moon, where the moon is waning instead of waxing.  that means I should release no later than tomorrow for best luck, which seems like I'd get something from the map and giants but none of the features that were uniquely mine, excepting maybe scouts fix, zann behavior fix, and some bug fixes over what Robin made for .8; that's not really enough reason to release early.  A Tuesday fix is more of the same, perhaps I can squeeze enough to make a better preview for testing.  I'll try that, but that would be a limited release.

The next window of opportunity would then be closed 2 weeks, and open in the two weeks following, closing right after Thanksgiving weekend in USA.
None of this is save game compatible with anything from Perisno .77; Elven path resources are edited so not really compatible with the last Phosphor v21 version I floated last month.

ALL of Perisno .77 is already included with Phosphor v21 r5.  Things mentioned as being "in" are finished; thing listed as not yet done are expected to finish this coming week.  this isn't the same thing as saying I'm done at that point, just that the first, most elementary layer of changes are done at that point and I can have a release to closed testers begin.  I have yet another layer I wanted to get started on but examining so far showed I needed a better base than I was given and better than I so far made for myself this summer.  PBOD is merged, the option to increase enemy troops (and your troops and companions) weapons proficiency by another 50% is merged, and a number of recent Rigale 12.40 fixes and improvements made it in so far...

Phosphor has crafting, gathering, and fatigue that is not seen in Perisno.  Deal with it or wait a year: I don't care which.  I'm just as happy with 300
testers as 20,000 spoiled downloaders that essentially cry buckets.  Of course, I shouldn't be so quick to give them reason to cry.  This time I'm playing at least 15 minutes each race and city to look for problems earlier; it would take 6 man months to replicate 100 people playing for 3 days each, which is why Perisno gets hundreds of support tickets a few days after a major release.  Or at least, used to...

Putting it here just because I intend to push Perisno .8 along, kicking and screaming no doubt, whether it feels like releasing this year or not.
  I'm stubborn that way.

- GS

Everything sounds amazing, especially the new factions. And I am happy to hear about proper townwalkers! It really infuriated me.

Can't wait for release! Thank you for your hard work :smile:

A walk-through for a male giant Prince starting in Drahara:  (to show the differences between Phosphor and Perisno)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWXViVVdHQ0RhNWc/view?usp=sharing    choosing face on a male giant
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgESENPOEJKRVNLTjg/view?usp=sharing      choose where to start the game
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWFZ6WUIxMk5uZ2c/view?usp=sharing    starting at the castle that is your fief
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVDJiUGcwcnEza28/view?usp=sharing        buy some salt at Khul Vara (fill up on it), and buy the spice
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgERTRRZ3Uta09XdmM/view?usp=sharing    sell it at either Karnoth or Murdenholl
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWDBFQmRhSVVIZUU/view?usp=sharing  spice sale price in Karnoth
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEcDNUMWlXR0dTZUk/view?usp=sharing    check guilds in Karnoth; train up in mining,
            in this case I stopped at skill 9.  This part of a walk through is in the player handbook for Phosphor
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgER2hzeU1uY0xpR3c/view?usp=sharing      find a permanent iron mining spot; there are 3 in dwarf lands.
            look near the edge of mountain ranges
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbU1XQ2dOZ0lXYTA/view?usp=sharing      mining menu
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMmNGRHo4RTR0WmM/view?usp=sharing  mining results.  I got lucky
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEb2xXdDlSalVzTnM/view?usp=sharing        first week's budget as a Draharan prince
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZHRSZFdqelpFUzA/view?usp=sharing        factions list; drahara starts at peace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZHRSZFdqelpFUzA/view?usp=sharing          page 2.  there are a LOT of factions

walk through:  making a Drow female Queen to start day 1  (not very many kingdoms allow this)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgESjJqeWlKUlRtXzQ/view?usp=sharing      Queen/Princess/Vassal options    one typo I'll get that later
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEQmtSclp1dzJGRlU/view?usp=sharing          Hakkon is only Drow Queen; princess could use Drahara also 
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVmZNMWFGemg3c28/view?usp=sharing    choose face and one of 2 skin colors
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeTByWnFTb2tkYTA/view?usp=sharing        choose skills  ("firearms" are magic items with weak area damage)
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVVF4dl9fQjhTSjQ/view?usp=sharing          pick a starting location.  Aruolo and Tolrania dont much like drow

meanwhile at the drow faction:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEamJNSEEwdlBVQzg/view?usp=sharing

Faction                      King                                            Prince                                  Vassal
Tolrania                Human only                                      ALL                                      ALL
Drachen        Human, Dwarf, Giant                                  ALL                                      ALL
Drahara                all but Drow                                      ALL                                      ALL
Maccavia            Human or Giant                              All except Drow                        No Drow
Redwood                Elven only                                    Elf or Human                        No Dwarves
Hakkon                all but Giant                                        ALL                                      ALL

New races, new factions, fixes to existing stuff that's buggy/immersion-breaking.  You could always call it 7.9.  Either way, I'm stoked.

omeganaut said:
New races, new factions, fixes to existing stuff that's buggy/immersion-breaking.  You could always call it 7.9.  Either way, I'm stoked.

"Perisno .79" is not impossible; that still leaves room for someone else to add to a "Perisno 0.8".

I put in 2 more companions, a drow female with a kind heart and a Giant male that really wants to learn to read but has dyslexia holding him back.

Did finish the town walkers for villages and towns; they are race appropriate.  Village leaders are correct race now for Dwarf
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEek13QmpNUFotZzg/view?usp=sharing  screenshot in game talking to village elder in dwarf village

all 3 Elven factions  {Redwood, Bluewood, Falcons} are adjusted as well
    the villagers are of the correct race, although this means I need to have LOD images made of dwarf and elf faces for viewing at a distance, again.
          the human female faces came with pre-made LODs at the resource; the others have yet to be made.

Took a walk through the new towns and adjusting starting values.  Not too many open issues but still have not done the scout parties fix, which is difficult, and some of the simpler things asked for Perisno .77, like how to turn off dodge without punishing lightly armored troops.  I could set a flag giving them an ironflesh like effect if the player feels dodge is too much; they either get it one way or they get it a different way.  Really I won't accept "just wear more armor and flail stupidly" as the game mechanic that rules them all.  Am willing to remove all the knockdown effects from maces; this seems a more legitimate issue, mistaken for dodging OP.

Not very interested in releasing just yet; magic needs tuning, was forever postponing because I wanted a base layer that was stable before adding more mechanics.  It's looking like things are coming along fast; I also need to make a change for battlegrounds so that players either clean up their own mess or spawn undead for halloween.  That much should be quick.

We'll see what gets done in the next 2 days, and I'll decide whether a Friday release is closed or even possible.  The best reason to delay is to add more layers but also there hasnt been much feedback from .77; I end up answering most "bug" posts as "use 76r2 or 77, either one" and clearly few people do so.  I suppose the fix can be to release on the correct forum, and otherwise sit on it until Pho v21r6 for Thanksgiving, except that loses the value of the new territory, which is wasted on mere Perisno .77-ish mechanics.  SO I guess Friday will be closed release to Perisno developers and helpers, such as they are, perhaps to motivate someone to kickdown models, scenes, or some sort of help.  I'd be happy with face codes even...  \

I'd appreciate some other members looking at troops and I think things cost too much, although perhaps that was a band aid to raise cash, which ought to be done by scripts allowing a higher percentage of base cost when selling instead of just setting base cost so very high as now.  I'm supposed to expect tier 4 troops cost 20K each for gear, when thery are hired for 1K and paid even less per week?  Something is off.  The sale price can be adjusted, such that trading skill 10 does not allow selling higher than (base-trading skill discount), but even so there is some room to increase the cash returned as a fraction of base price.
In any case, I test with some trading skill; I'm fond of the idea the game should be playable for traders, especially in the first month.

That gives me up to a month to make something *really* worth playing, and keeps some of the "wow" factor going.  I suppose I should post some screen shots, at the risk of seeming to hype something.  I can assure you it already plays very similarly to Perisno .77, with some local color fixes and a lot more factions and caravans and such.  But I think it can do more than that.  A month is a LONG time for me.  You should see how much got done in the last 3 weeks.

It is possible I can do a reboot of magic and implement the first of the religions along the way.  I have not had time to do more with flying, which was not made into something smooth, just used + - and arrow keys to shift position simply, to prove the concept.  This is not the same as making it like a horse only airborne, which needs more development - possibly several days.

I also need to shuffle about 200 items that right now aren't sorted and are sitting at the end of items, which takes time.
  Let's see; I need to add ladies (princess type lords) and males (which sit where kingdom ladies go) for the Drow
      I should have Drow and Redwoods offer vasselage to worthy female players at some point, perhaps at higher renown (250?) for other races.

I haven't tested orcs and goblins yet; but maybe I should make Troll as a large skeleton male and goblin as a small skeleton female if those are the last two skins possible.  I have 0-11 in use, in theory there should be room for 4 more, so that's 2 races if male&female are provided.  I need 1 to have a large skeleton to hang suits on and one to be small for the same reason, but those are future issues for artists.  I'll explore it later.  I don't have time now for another troop tree and certainly not for more companions, but there is always next month.

- GS

gsanders said:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVmZNMWFGemg3c28/view?usp=sharing    choose face and one of 2 skin colors
That beautiful female face looks realistic with eye paint and wig. Thanks for keeping us enthousiasts up to date.

Giants have correct town walkers in villages and towns now.
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEV0hYQ216RTBybTA/view?usp=sharing    Giant town walkers  Bakhal
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeFRuekpXWkY4LWs/view?usp=sharing    Giant female vs Drow male size comparison
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZlpzV2Y3U3hPTjQ/view?usp=sharing      Giant villagers
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEV0hYQ216RTBybTA/view?usp=sharing    Giant townspeople Sut (using the same giant clothes)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEblJiZ3dKcUg3eHM/view?usp=sharing      ruler of Sut Giants and his tall wife

Almost ready for first part of update, but this stage was always the easiest.  Next stage is the charm.

First I would like to thank you Gsanders for all the hard work and time you put into Perisno and Phosphor. What you are working on looks Amazing and I for one can not wait till you feel that Phosphor is ready for for new release. I will admit until a month ago I had never tried Phosphor I always just played Melsperisno version of Perisno. But Downloaded your Phosphor and it is amazing. I know you feel like you dont get the credit you deserve but I for one think you are the only Dev that is truly doing anything to Perisno at all. You are very helpful and active in the forums. I don't post a whole lot but I wanted you to know that I think you are doing a very amazing job specially with everything going on in your life. Keep up the good work and i really do appreciate what you are doing for the mod I love playing it. I do wish I had some coding skill or any skill to help you out but sadly I do not and I would be more of a pain in the butt then help. Thank you again for all that you do for the mod.

actually did this a few days ago but didn't take these screen shots till earlier today:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgETEU1d1h3NW9ycnc/view?usp=sharing          Saamsa  new Drow companion
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMGtGWWRQNFdDNmc/view?usp=sharing      Cretas troop tree  these are a small faction friendly to bandits
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEcXdIU2lGLXhhM2c/view?usp=sharing            Bakhal Giants troop tree  (coastal, evil)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEOWF4Vzd1Y3E4eUU/view?usp=sharing          Sut Giants troop tree  (Hill giants, neutral)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMkVsTzk1RDRNZWM/view?usp=sharing        Aruolo troop tree
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEQ3dlNGZzTHVCNGc/view?usp=sharing          Drow troop tree (showing males only)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEOFF0TGxISHVDQVk/view?usp=sharing          Drow female noble troops (assassins -> priestess -> priestess2)

still putting in last minute touches on the "base layer"; the extra castles are working but extra villages still need work.  City 29 is fully working.
I did drow lords and ladies today, with two new princesses.  We'll see how many other things I can put in over the next 2 weeks or so...

- GS

Trarco said:
what an amazing work! Phosphor is unique.

You should see more of it soon.  It is actually running on a dozen desktops right now, and should have a very public release in a few weeks.
Perisno 0.8 may take some time yet, but the next generation Pho will launch "soon" (TM).  So far I make changes daily; rather than release a new patch every night I simply didn't release the working demonstration to many people so I can keep the number of patches smaller.  It plays now; but I think it can play better "soon".

- GS

Trarco said:
cool! Thank you very much gsanders  :party:

I'll send you a copy after my next major revisions; right now the magic stinks but the base is fairly close to good.  It plays as a bigger map of Perisno 77
right now, which isn't bad but I think it can do better.  I've seen you around and you're experienced player, so I think I'll have something good for you in about 2 weeks.  In theory, the Feng Shui is better with the change of the moon  :smile:

- GS

I'll have patch C for testers of Pho v21r5 (sort-of Perisno .8 alpha, a closed test) tomorrow night.
  Things I can confirm (because they are there now, but I want to add more and make fewer patches):
    Giants have hit boxes without reverting to human skeleton, thanks to Yard1
    Drow magic missiles are visible now, but I'll work on them yet more tomorrow
    Elven females have more face details BUT I need to re-tweak facecodes  (thanks to Yard1)
    Drow females have retextured faces (well, that was in Patch B), thanks to Yard1

and whatever 1 day comes up with as a surprise bonus  :wink:

- GS

gsanders said:
I've seen you around and you're experienced player, so I think I'll have something good for you in about 2 weeks.  In theory, the Feng Shui is better with the change of the moon  :smile:

- GS

And I will be so happy to play it gsanders, so thank you very much  :grin:

BadassWalrus said:
gsanders said:

Wow this seems awesome. :mrgreen:
I check the forums everyday and this caught my eye
Are u the only one working on phospor?

I would have said YES until 3 days ago but now its not true.  I have received enormous help from Yard1 in the last 3 days.  Just last night:
    he solved the white spot on dwarf women from a distance from a duplicate LOD;
  Sunday: he put in a hit box that was missing on giant skeletons,
  Saturday: gave this face for female drow    https://puu.sh/l3Knj/32091fb9f3.png

plus other things I can't yet mention.  So I feel like suddenly the momentum is several notches faster.

- GS

Random post cards patch Test E, which you could call a preview for my version of Perisno .8; as for what is 0.8 Perisno, that is 2 part answer.

pictures first:
  "at a giant's feast"  a female drow mixes with women in the Sut giant king's feast.  New playable race, besides playable Giants
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeUM5ZEl5Rkx4aXc/view?usp=sharing

troops in a caravan      look carefully to see some new troop types
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEOHFJMnlLejkwa1k/view?usp=sharing

all the towns and villages have race appropriate village leaders and walkers
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEWFN5MzVubkVnZVk/view?usp=sharing    Giants
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEUERfT0RwVEVCLVE/view?usp=sharing    Dwarves
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdTh6YlVRSzRBSlk/view?usp=sharing        Drow (black elves)  - with pointy ears
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEelRmWkpOX3Bnb3M/view?usp=sharing    Falcon, Turquoise Vale (Bluewood) also have Elf walkers
                                                                                                                                      and merchants, guild masters, tavern keeps
  new titles system for all 17 kingdoms
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgENFZGYjFLTlZnRmM/view?usp=sharing      <-- thanks to Yard1 for this, by the way

entirely new troop tree for Drow, with cavalry, priestesses, and magic
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdjVsd1lrVmRUQlk/view?usp=sharing

new cities with stronger garrisons
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEY1FYVTF0VmRBS0U/view?usp=sharing    Bluewood city
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgENXQ5RVNJbHNPbzA/view?usp=sharing    a bandit-and-trading faction, able to join  Cretas

several cities (Elsinore, Leuven, Arendal, Freising, Reichberg, Grozny, Grund, Cretas) moved closer to the sea coast for trade purposes.
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEcHJZS1Q5U2Q1a1E/view?usp=sharing

Sea traders: these are extra caravans with new routes
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEX0pWQmd3NGpzVWc/view?usp=sharing
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZTk0TVg3SUNmY1U/view?usp=sharing    sea traders can add to coastal towns wealth

Silk is available in abundance and at a discount at Silk Throat  (as will be the spider mounts that produce it)
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEd2JUZURmaGl0dWM/view?usp=sharing

I did most (98%) of the changes from Perisno .71, .72; .73 was troops I didn't do, .74 had some of my code, .75 I didn't do, .76 and .77 was only my code changes.  It is safe to say I'm as "official" as Perisno has been in the last year.  However Robin was working exclusively on 0.8 since at least 14 months ago; he contributed not 1 line towards repairs or features of Perisno .7-anything.  He did however do the giants, the town for Aruolo, and made some other stuff I haven't incorporated.  So now there are two implementations for 0.8 technology -- one under the Phosphor label, which is geared for testing and experimental stuff, for a tiny niche audience; and the other that for lack of a champion is given to Robin to do with as he wishes, but remember Michadr and Robin's last released joint project under Perisno title was the ill fated .70  Each has some features the other one does not.  Each has a different meta game model -- I want economic and later Religious aspects, and he wants only fighting as a first person shooter sort of thing.  I am more RPG (role playing) oriented and the fighting is when talk isn't working; for him, talk is cheap and fighting is really what he likes.  I agree his style is more oriented to the demographics playing Warband.  I just think its already mined out, and needs something new.  So far I haven't put much of what I really wanted; I need a base first, which is almost done.  Perhaps Christmas sees more of the game I really wanted; I'll only have the base for Thanksgiving. 

Robin has a different version, much less features but much simpler to play, no inheritances, no start as prince/king/vassal options, no drow race, 4 less cities, no sea trade, 800 less trade routes, no crafting, all characters start with less than 250 gold and as hunted men with dishonored status.  You have 1 friend only, also exiled with you, and basically you have to fight to get back status, money, and faction.  You are outcast in every way possible.  Robin figures you appreciate this, after too much hand holding from me.  Robin does have more art skill; I just did my first scene changes yesterday.  I rebuilt 1 city (Refugio). 

One thing I can say on a positive note is Robin has made mods for longer than I have:
I wanted to showcase his dungeon crawl through, which I think would be excellent as a replacement for Native's bandit lair spawn, but looking for that brought me to
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,273094.0.html    so Robin may feel a little burnt out on outdated magic.
but wait, that became    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,279402.msg6661654.html#msg6661654
  which looks suspiciously like a code prototype for Perisno.  No WONDER they are tired of magic.  I see it as a platform for scripted
intervention to the Warband engine, a way to sidestep the armor and 3 weapons type system (blunt, cutting, piercing only).
  Magic for me as used so far in Phosphor is just a place holder - its not what I want the end to be, but it is a stub for area effect tests.

Anyway, Robin has made a half dozen mods they're out there if you look hard enough.    The dungeon crawler would be an excellent addition to his otherwise normal Perisno based "Perisno .8.  ".  Something we haven't seen before, and then another, and another and so on.  Put it up for test a month before its on Moddb and then its more like what I have done -- notice nothing is on Moddb.  Its all tested, such as it is, by a small number of people, who mainly bother to ask or look around, and fixes for small things happen between hammering on bug things.  By now there are many things to fix so I have my work cut out; if it was just Perisno .61 with Dwarves and Giants added and 1 new town, then risk is low and not much needs debugging, either publicly or privately.  That said, it IS easier to bring a (cutting) knife to a gun fight, if you just don't have the artillery.  I think the players win when devs try to make something unexpected; two different games mean two different sets of twists and surprises, and that's a GOOD thing.

But saying this, players I spoke to would much rather try Robin's version, and I'm cool with that.
  It's likely he has made fewer mistakes, and certain he has better marketing via Reus.  I think Michadr just wants his life back, and so far reality has not conspired to do so for him.  In the meantime I keep hammering that a year with .8 hype and not enough progress is a joke, so I pushed my way.  Robin in turn pushed the completion of his start, and I think both could be ready for Christmas.  I'll certainly launch early, but Robin could launch for New Years and do a good job of it if he wants to.

Who's Robin? :shock: and where's Batman :?:  Well.. **** both I want The JOKER!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway the Dow looks really nice, are they by any chance based on the Forgotten Realms universe? Must be it since other places name them Dark Elfs not Drow...

Back
Top Bottom