Whatever Part of the World Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Owns Right Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Well Dan my suggestion was not that businesses would stop paying people to commute but rather that they should pay the actual cost (or pay such wages as to make it worthwhile for their staff to pay the actual cost) rather than have the taxpayer do it.
The road tax argument makes little sense to me, it is paid for by road users. I am suggesting that railways be paid for by rail users.

The obvious solution to all of this is massive investment in emission-less transport. Foot, bike, and electric everything else supported by solar/hydro/geo/whatever renewables you can dig up and finally supplanted with good old fashioned coal/gas/nuclear.

https://twitter.com/WJ_Armstrong/status/1205435851452358656
CNN Türk reporting live from Boris Johnson's ancestral village in central Turkey. Villagers say they are proud at Tory election win and are "waiting for Boris to visit"
ELqRe-0WsAEIMfn
ELqRe-2X0AAguF6

It's a bit funny that what seems like a seismic shift is a mere 1% increase in Conservative votes. nothing massive happened in the british society but electoral rules make it look massive. anyway i guess everyone will be so sick of conservatives after 13 years that the opposition will finally be able to stitch together an electoral alliance.

Back
Top Bottom