What you guys think of these custom sails?

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly I do not know how sails were decorated in the era, so I ran a bit wild, but really need your input, since I enjoy green and am pictish ingame was wondering how these two custom sails would be?

Too lore breaking? do they look bad? Any criticism is appreciated, and well, wanted to share of my early raw work with you guys, also bear in mind this is work in progress, still working out the tiny details, but the general idea is here.

GPvCqt3.jpg

na46QnA.jpg

And this is how it looks ingame, the Book of Kells warrior one
SBUPK5R.jpg

Brujoloco said:
Honestly I do not know how sails were decorated in the era, so I ran a bit wild, but really need your input, since I enjoy green and am pictish ingame was wondering how these two custom sails would be?

Too lore breaking? do they look bad? Any criticism is appreciated, and well, wanted to share of my early raw work with you guys, also bear in mind this is work in progress, still working out the tiny details, but the general idea is here.

GPvCqt3.jpg

na46QnA.jpg

And this is how it looks ingame, the Book of Kells warrior one
SBUPK5R.jpg

Damn they look really well for picts!

Woeski said:
Damn they look really well for picts!

I have some other ideas for Pictish Sails, they being my favs, tell me, you like these?

Eo8ZnVA.jpg

8tIrgIH.jpg

sjUkfyT.jpg

obviously wanting to share with the community :grin:  , As I saw there are very few custom ship sails for viking conquest, might do a small pack of them for the nexus if people keep liking them

Woeski said:
Are you going to add these to your mod?

go to your folder

[game folder]\Modules\Viking Conquest\Your custom Sails

read the .txt file to learn how to create or install custom sails. You can then download them from this thread or the modding section and use them on your own game.

kalarhan said:
Woeski said:

go to your folder

read the .txt file to learn how to create or install custom sails. You can then download them from this thread or the modding section and use them on your own game.

No that's not what I meant, Brujoloco is making a Brytenwalda repolished mod.

Woeski said:
kalarhan said:
Woeski said:

go to your folder

No that's not what I meant, Brujoloco is making a Brytenwalda repolished mod.

I MADE a Brytenwalda Repolished mod some years ago, it was a tweaked version of basic Brytenwalda, but I left development due to well ... Real Life.

Many others like Kraggrim took inspiration off it (like well, my ardent idea to make Bandit Lord Playthroughs more possible and Krag making Bandit Lairs being able to buy stuff which I was glad to see was ported and made a reality in Viking Conquest) so there are newer versions that make Brytenwalda even better.

Only reason i am enjoying VC right now is being a Pictish Bandit Lord at over 1k neg rep haha. Thus why I am making the sails for VC, so the only mods I might make right now due to time constraints is perhaps create some more sails and publish them to the nexus, but was wondering if others think my Sails are nice. I am more of an assets and art guy than code guy, so I just make small art assets to Warband, like my Prophesy of Pendor banners, etc. etc.

Hope that answers your questions  :grin:

You like the Sails? Wondering if I should create a bit more, usually end up visualizing and making them in paint.net , but it takes me quite a while to make each, it is a hobby, very relaxing to me, hence why I love sharing them with the community, just love the input and being around here.

Hugs and Cheers!

After 600 days as a pictish robber lord, I decided to create a classic Viking Raider but now in Story mode, so made this sail, as usual sharing with you all :smile:

yH0tmbb.jpg

g789GZx.jpg

UAfFlTd.jpg

aXwt6vl.jpg

dVNamdQ.jpg

uaIUpwz.jpg

2wWP4Go.jpg

sj0ydWq.jpg

As a fun note, regardign the colors I am choosing, I am referring to this awesome article on viking era colors https://textandtrowel.wordpress.com/2016/11/19/colors-of-the-viking-age/

Amazing the shades that might have been on clothsails  in the era, wonder if successful raiders made custom sails or decided for more utilitarian looks.

Back
Top Bottom