What would your view of America be if it isolated itself after WWII?

Would your view of the USA change if it politcally and militarily isolated itself after WWII?

• I would likely think better of it.

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • I would likely think about the same.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I would likely think worse of it.

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I live in the US and I really don't mind being mocked. Except for the fundamentalist Christians we have a wonderful sense of humor. However, the average US citizen is horrible at mocking other countries because we either don't realize or care what is going on beyond our own border. We assume that US affairs are the most important thing going on in the entire world to everyone. That has a little bit of truth to it: I was in London in 2004 and saw far more presidential campaign bumper stickers for the US than I did in the states, also the Londoners knew much more about American politics than I did. 99 out of 100 Americans can not name who the Prime Minister of England is, tell you what parliament is, or tell you the first name of the Queen. 

America did not isolate itself after WWII, we just stopped caring.

fidobido said:
99 out of 100 Americans can not name who the Prime Minister of England is
To be fair at the current time the same would apply to Britain. Is it Camegg, Clemaron? I just don't know.

Elenmmare said:
It's also what gives me the impression that everyone can Mock the Yank, and when they shoot back in kind, they're mauled to death.
It's generally because they lack that all important humour factor. It's not something American humour does very well, like irony and sarcasm. I suspect it's due to a lack of cynicism.
Just an example. I adore our ability in the West to hurl insults at eachother and ourselves; often it seems, however, that the U.S. gets the **** end of the stick.
Nah. Even the US can take the piss out of the French.

Where is that damned picture?

Right, here it is:

image%20(5651).jpg

fidobido said:
99 out of 100 Americans can not name who the Prime Minister of England is, tell you what parliament is, or tell you the first name of the Queen.

Yank: "How should I know what's the first name of Elizabeth II?"

:lol:

You don't need to give two times as many replies necessary, just because you weigh two times more than necessary :wink:

Yeah, it would probably be worse, only due to Blues, **** after that was well ****.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Burgass said:
Yeah, it would probably be worse, only due to Blues, **** after that was well ****.

You mean the Rock and Roll you Brits brought over?  :razz:

Rock 'n' Roll started in the US...the brits only donated their Liverpool boys though you americans killed half of them argh!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Burgass said:

You mean the Rock and Roll you Brits brought over?  :razz:

Yeah, it was Blues based, Blues started in America, probably wouldn't have taken off in other places as well as it did(with black people having less of a power struggle in Europe)

They would be speaking German. Deutschland uber alles wouldn't have been so bad in retrospect compared to the chaos that is going on now. Damn, I had to edit it again, I always forget to put that "s" in there. It must be the Gypsies who make me forget that. Damn you Yul Brynner!!!

Fall of Denial said:
Without America, Britland would probably be speaking German or Russian or CHINESE.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
the favourite American argument to fall back on when cornered and poked enough is "WELL WE SAVED UR ASSES IN WW2!!!!11!"

I rest my case.

Pharaoh Llandy: 243
Predictable Americans who can't come up with anything new: 0

Without us, the British and French wouldn't have had anything to talk about and get all friendly over 1861–1865.

Austupaio said:
Without us, the British and French wouldn't have had anything to talk about and get all friendly over 1861–1865.

Who the Hell is us? Were you there when soldiers were cheaper then bullets? I mean that you shouldn't puff yourself up and feel proud about something that you never did. Now me, that is a different story of course I once faced down a level 20 red dragon with a vorpal blade.

Back
Top Bottom