What would your view of America be if it isolated itself after WWII?

Would your view of the USA change if it politcally and militarily isolated itself after WWII?

• I would likely think better of it.

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • I would likely think about the same.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I would likely think worse of it.

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, we Americans are the best in the world at being humble, not gonna lie. It's hard to tell if the European arrogance on the internet is a reaction of jealousy or insecurity.

Relative to our actual intelligence, athletic ability, looks and penis size, one could say that we're pretty humble, yea.

Why can't it be both jealousy and insecurity? :razz:

socks said:
Well, we Americans are the best in the world at being humble
You kidding? For years it was believed the Il Nino weather cycle occurred when the yanks shut their gobs for five minutes to catch their breath.

It was disproved in the 1970's when it was found Americans don't actually know how to shut the **** up.

Oyipggy said:
Relative to our actual intelligence, athletic ability, looks and penis size, one could say that we're pretty humble, yea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON6SSMLcC8

Archonsod said:
socks said:
You kidding? For years it was believed the Il Nino weather cycle occurred when the yanks shut their gobs for five minutes to catch their breath.

It was disproved in the 1970's when it was found Americans don't actually know how to shut the **** up.
It's less that we don't stop talking and more that everyone else who isn't jealous stops talking out of respect when we want to say something.

Aethelbert said:
Oyipggy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QON6SSMLcC8
Ah, right, jealousy. Thanks for clearing that up.

Archonsod said:
socks said:

He's clearly just joking with you, trying out some of our fabled sarcastic humour. Because, as well all know, the favourite American argument to fall back on when cornered and poked enough is "WELL WE SAVED UR ASSES IN WW2!!!!11!"

People always underrate America's importance in the two world wars purely because Americans always overrate it :<

socks said:
People always underrate America's importance in the two world wars purely because Americans always overrate it :<

Because we do, we did not Win WW1. We helped yes, but win it? **** no.

Familyguy1 said:
socks said:

Yeah sending over loads of crappy troops that have to be taught how to fight properly did not go down well.

Burgass said:
Familyguy1 said:
socks said:

Yeah sending over loads of crappy troops that have to be taught how to fight properly did not go down well.
Why don't you just calm down like a good little Brit and restrain yourself like everyone else has? You seem to be making an inflammatory remark in response to a comment which actually agrees with you, as unpatriotic and cowardly as it was.

What, I was perfectly calm, just because I didn't just 40 smilies doesn't mean I wasn't calm.

And yes I was agreeing with the point, I was adding to it.

Archonsod said:
And the main problem for the US is due to that whole Cold War business there's not many countries whose lawn it hasn't shat on at some point in the last half century.
Hardly a joke I heard weeks ago
Why no civil war has happened in the US since 1856? Because there is no American embassy there.

Fall of Denial said:
Why would we isolate ourselves after World WarII is a better question.

Well, apparently people wouldn't hate us nearly as much. The World Trade Center attack probably wouldn't have happened. We'd likely be spending less tax money on the military.

Back
Top Bottom